Rottweilers face transfer after neighbors repeatedly attacked - but they make "lovely pets"

webfact

11 hours ago, 2long said:

Repeated attacks and bites...

If a Rotty goes into your house and bites you, then it has a reason and you wont be able to report it.

I don't believe much of this story, and it's being sensationalised.

Thais are sh*t dog carers* in general, but there is plenty of scum in the west who get dangerous breeds.

Yes these three Rotties were probably left/released to do toilet things but they will not go around attacking people without the result being national news of fatalities.

This morning I saw 6-7 Mastiff/Pitbull crossbreeds chained to posts for their morning 'exercise' before being returned to whatever hell is their life for the other 23 hours each day.

If you want to help out, go here* at 6am

Googly maps 13.819759450341703, 100.39367447613952

I don't believe much of this story, and it's being sensationalised.

The 'confused' smileys that you are getting after your posts is because you seem to be posting onto the wrong thread.

The reason for this assumption is that your posts are not making any sense at all (to an adult).

Sensationalised?

Did you even read the story?

The dogs had to be removed from their original home because they were terrorizing the locals and then went on to do the same in their new home.

Are you suggesting that the locals in both locations were equally sensationalising the situation?

Did you not read in the original post that the police were 'organizing compensation discussions', do you think that the compensation was for the dog's owner?

Did you bother to watch the video and see the man whose arm was bandaged and in a sling, was this sensationalised?

Or the neighbours who came out to applaud the police for getting these potential killers off the street, do you really believe that their clapping was a show of support for the dogs or their owner?

Really, if you are going to present an argument you should at least read the article that you are arguing about and maybe have some (even a tiny bit) of knowledge on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, poohy said:

Note they are  big strong, boisterous not particularly more bad tempered or problematic than other big dogs  
BUT

If they are

• taken care of properly and
  • Exercised
  • trained

absolutely no problems they are indeed perfect pets ....big softies really

NB theses ones sadly aren't but not the dogs fault either

My landlady's 60kg rotweiler was very protective but a lapdog (no need for a blanket when watching the footy in winter!. They need to be well trained, and preferable neutered. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Great idea, but they are illegal, if caught abusing an animal with one of these, you can be arrested, fined and even jailed in Thailand  

If I'm being attacked by a dog(s) the last thing I'm going to be worried about is whether hurting them, before they hurt me, is illegal or not.

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yep....my own fault........... half Italian and half Serbian should have been enough of a clue!!!!

The obvious clues are sometimes the easiest to ignore.  Her workmates had to give each other collectivised gifts at Christmas. She was given a witches hat and a broomstick - went right over my head.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Hope the kool aid you were given was sweet.   Your statement is not true in any sense of the word.  We have had to destroy a few dog's when no matter what you do to prevent it, they killed chickens and our domesticated Doves & Pheasants by the dozens.  Well kept, well fed, walked regularly had acres of rice land to roam whenever we allowed them, no matter what we did, they would kill the birds - not eat them, just kill them.   over ten years, my neighbors killed 4 or 5 of my animals, all family, and I have had to give dog's to the humane society folks.   My point is once a dog decides it wants to do something, there is nothing a human can do to stop it.  We got lucky and now have 2 well trained dogs who could give a rats tail about a chicken, don't chase them, don't kill them either..........again from the same family of dog's.   As Csxrnz above says "...."can go from playful to psycho bitch in a blink of an eye.

Dogs are a pack animal , hence the groups of soi dogs . They have a means of communicating that is not fully understood . They can be watched when all of them are focusing on a target . 

Mostly true is " you cannot teach an old dog new tricks " . Older dogs mainly are set in their ways . I have a friend who has 2 rotties , he plays with them , they are well trained and obedient but they frighten me and as we know a dog can smell fear .  So for me it does not count if a dog is well trained  as the most important factor is the potential power and damage that a dog could do if it so wanted to do . All soi dogs should have as a minimum a muzzle , collared with owners I.D. and be chipped  .  If not they should be impounded . Rottweilers and similar large dogs  should be kept inside the owners property but if not be put in a zoo .  Children need protecting and in the case of Rotties , so do adults .

Digressing slightly but I read that rabies is on the increase .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can't be too hard?   Let's have the solution, then.   If these hadn't been removed already, where would you suggest that the poisoned meat is left and how would unintended victims be kept away from it?  Maybe a "Rottweilers only" sign?

I dont know, maybe you can just wait till the dogs come out of the gate and throw the sausages at them while standing behind your fence. As the owner is not there, he can't see you doing it. Not really rocket science to come up with this approach, maybe you could have thought of it yourself also at some point.

Once they are gone, you pick up the remains of the sausages and flush them through the toilet leaving no traces.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can't be too hard?   Let's have the solution, then.   If these hadn't been removed already, where would you suggest that the poisoned meat is left and how would unintended victims be kept away from it?  Maybe a "Rottweilers only" sign?

I dont know

Exactly.