Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I wonder if 6 had the virus coming into Thailand, how many tourist will have the Thai virus going home?

But unless they test negative they will not be able to fly back home...hmmm, conundrum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Only six Covid-19 infections out of 4,510 tourists, a low 0.13 percent, were found in the past three days since the launch of the country reopening, Thailand’s Public Health Ministry reported today, November 3rd.

I bet they wish they didn't come, holiday screwed and now subjected to quarantine?

11 hours ago, Farangus said:

It is very interesting what the situation with the neighbors on the plane is for these 6 infected people.
Were they placed in mandatory quarantine as well?

Only if the arrival PCR test is positive.

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I bet they wish they didn't come, holiday screwed and now subjected to quarantine?

It would be nice if they announced the nationalities so we could see from where they arrived from, and what they were vaccinated with and when?  Could be a vaccination from over 6 months ago and they might need a booster if it is a certain vaccine.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be also interested to know where they were all from-

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Most arrivals are from Japan at number one, followed by Singapore, Germany, Qatar, and China respectively.

Luckily, the Thai authorities lack competence. Of course, their PCR test would not be needed. The whole world knows that.  But now this second PCR test protects the rest of us. Otherwise, millions of tourists would come to a country with only 35% vaccinated. Or are they so smart that they understand it

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Apparently not, even if they tested negative they would be taken for 10 days quarantine according to Richard Barrow..........

I’m onboard THAI Airways flight from London to Bangkok. About 100 people on this flight today. No-one sitting next to me which is good as the new rule is, if someone on your immediate left or right tests positive, you must go to hospital for ten days. Even if you tested negative.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1455865363246223360

Wouldn't you be technically closer to the passanger/s behind you than to those immediately left and right when laid back or are you forced to lay flat plus muzzle during the whole flight?

13 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

this second PCR test protects the rest of us. Otherwise, millions of tourists would come to a country with only 35% vaccinated. Or are they so smart that they understand it

I would guess they are smart, they have prestige and position in their society unlike people in this forum who, unable to find brides in their own country,  sought brides and refuge in another country using their wife's visas.  

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you not read there are many breakthrough cases in USA, UK and Israel? You can google for it or watch in Youtube for the evidence.

Vaccine doesn't prevent you from being infected, it prevents you from being hospitalized with severe illness.

What is important is that all the passengers were supposed to be Covid negative when boarding the place.

It goes to show that negative Covid cert & fully vacc cert can be bought or faked.

Expand  

In my country it would be impossible to fake the vaccine cert. I can't see how anyone could do it. 

I know of anti-vaxers in Thailand who have easily obtained fake certificates so suspect that most countries can provide them if required!!!

•  

9 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Because as it was said repetedly over and over again, being fully vaccinated doesn't grant you immunity to the COVID-19, it merely boosts your immune system fighting the disease the next time you catch it (again).

And by the look of things, it seems there is always a next time, it's like catching herpes, it's a gift that keep on giving... we all should be prepared to get used to live with COVID-19 because it ain't going nowhere and no amount of vaccination or social distancing or washing your hands, etc, etc, is going to change that.

It's a survival out there, adapt and learn to live with it or else...

What is even MORE worrying is that there are still people out there who don’t understand the mechanics of vaccination. How many times do we have to say vaccinations do NOT stop you catching COVID,?  Does an annual flu vaccination atop you catching flu? No, but it does ensure the flu doesn’t KILL you. Maybe the world needs a SERIOUS education program? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Most arrivals are from Japan at number one, followed by Singapore, Germany, Qatar, and China respectively.

Really ? 
The flight from Japan that arrived the other day had 43 people and 32 were Thai ! A flight from Singapore had 3 !!

I’m smelling porkies ! ????

6 hours ago, Ian C HH said:

What is even MORE worrying is that there are still people out there who don’t understand the mechanics of vaccination. How many times do we have to say vaccinations do NOT stop you catching COVID,?  Does an annual flu vaccination atop you catching flu? No, but it does ensure the flu doesn’t KILL you. Maybe the world needs a SERIOUS education program? 

There are cases of covid and flu vaccinated people dying of covid or flu. CDC apparently stopped counting covid breakthrough cases, according to forbes. Here's the article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/06/26/cdc-4115-fully-vaccinated-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-with-breakthrough-covid-19-infections/?sh=1a78972f6993

12 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I find it rather amazing they found any given that these people obviously tested negative within 72 hours of their arrival.  

What would be interesting is what were the nationalities of those who were infected and what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

Easy to get reinfected after the 72 hour test. Family members, friends, outdoors ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blumpie said:

Seriously what in the living hell is with them spraying airplanes like that?  IT's so silly!!!  

It's either de-icing because it's freezing cold in thailand or...

They employed the "ladies" to give the aircraft a proper soapie massage.

13 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well this is rather looking good, if the numbers keep being this low 0.0x% the Thai authorities might drop and/or lower some of the quarantines or insurance requirements in order to boost the tourism sector...

But then again this is Thailand, Thai logic defies everything...

and lose all that lovely cash .. don't think so

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

How did these 6 got the virus in the first place when they are supposed to be fully vax and also negative test before boarding?

Maybe caught it after they have taken the test or from a Thai who is positive but not required to take a PCR for travel.

• Haha 1