Enough Supplies of Fresh Vegetables Expected Soon

webfact

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

I wasn't aware there was a "shortage" until just now.

Cue UK style panic-buying leading to a shortage.

I don't suppose the shortage could have been caused by the Thais joining the  Chinese vegetarian period? 

32 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

'Coriander was used only for dish decoration. not for real consumption.'? What ?? Another minister who hasn't a clue what he is talking about.????

Probably one thai lady mentioning on facebook or line that it is good "herbal" to fight covid and off they go in hordes to chase down the wonder herbs.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Wasn't that last month?

Yes. My wife complained that a couple of days before it began there was a shortage of vegetables on the shelves. She said the stores were holding them back to get a higher price nearer the day. Maybe the growers have had problems catching up?

6 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Yes. My wife complained that a couple of days before it began there was a shortage of vegetables on the shelves. She said the stores were holding them back to get a higher price nearer the day. Maybe the growers have had problems catching up?

You can only hold vegetable so long before they start to go off. Not sure of the logic here it's not honey.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I don't suppose the shortage could have been caused by the Thais joining the  Chinese vegetarian period? 

A lot of growing land is under water. 

Truck drivers striking likely will not help. My Mrs still complaining on the vegetable prices and selection in the market.