Private hospitals only getting 1,000 doses of Moderna each in the middle of November

MrJ2U

Just now, MJCM said:

A friend of my Wife has just paid for her 2 Moderna shots at a Private Hospital, and was told March of 2022!!

Just paid? Good luck with that date. Wife paid in April and we are still waiting.

• Like 2

Just now, MJCM said:

A friend of my Wife has just paid for her 2 Moderna shots at a Private Hospital, and was told March of 2022!!

My wifes friend just paid last month and got her first Moderna shot yesterday in Khon Khaen.

I've also booked for LOT 2 in addition to LOT 1.

Maybe they'll come the same time.

My wife is upset.  Its hard to travel without these vaccines and we have young children going to school.

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But I understand your frustration, I also paid for my shots in June, but fortunately I got Pfizer free from the local Government Hospital

I got the Pfeizer also.

I gave my Moderna to my wifes elderly mother.

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Just paid? Good luck with that date. Wife paid in April and we are still waiting.

Good luck to you also.

April!

Whats her cue number, must be very low!

Hopefully get it this week.

3 months ago paid for 2 Moderna shots at BKK Samitivej hospital and was told they'll only be getting small batches this month and they will allocated to those who not yet vaccinated at all, so good luck to us to keep waiting...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I got the Pfeizer also.

I gave my Moderna to my wifes elderly mother.

My wife isn't vaccinated yet, and even she has underlying diseases (for example Diabetes) she WILL NOT get Pfizer only the Combo of Sino-AZ and that we both refused. And even when I got my Pfizer we asked and NO ONLY FOREIGNERS :sad:

We now have 6 shots of Moderna paid for in 2 different hospitals and will wait and see which one comes through first.

My 2 shots I will give to my wife's friend because she is in DIRE need to get vaccinated because without vaccination cert she can't enroll her son into a school (that's what she told us, so if true no idea but she will pay for the shots so we don't care).

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, MrJ2U said:

A measley 1000 doses at our Private Hospital In Udon Thani. 

Can I enquire as to where you saw this or heard this ?

On 11/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, MrJ2U said:

Being number 3,800 means a long a** wait.

We are in the mid 13,000's, I have had Pfizer, it's more so the wife I am concerned about, we also paid back in June and I cannot believe the other post paying in April because the hospitals didn't make the announcement till June.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:30 AM, MJCM said:

But I understand your frustration, I also paid for my shots in June, but fortunately I got Pfizer free from the local Government Hospital

Same for me (but private hospital) as I was worried about the flare-up of Variant Delta and couldn't risk waiting until November for 1st jab. I depend completely on public transportation.

Asked for refund on the paid for Moderna but no. Allowed to find people to transfer Moderna jabs to but no; many people did what you and I did...not to wait*. Asked that 1st jab be in March 2022 as a booster shot and no answer.

* government also began talking about a delay of Moderna into 2022. Much too long to be unvaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Can I enquire as to where you saw this or heard this ?

We are in the mid 13,000's, I have had Pfizer, it's more so the wife I am concerned about, we also paid back in June and I cannot believe the other post paying in April because the hospitals didn't make the announcement till June.

I called the hospital.

More specifically Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.

However, some hospitals seem to be getting better supplies.  Bangkok and Khon Kaen have already started vaccinating with Moderna.

My wifes friend had her first jab and she just signed up last month.

A friend gave me his to give my wife.  Its in Bangkok December 14th.

We'll use the Udon Thani one as a booster I suppose.

I still haven't heard anything from Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital, anyone else?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have had Pfizer

Same here.

My wife isn't.   Waiting for Moderna like yours

We have little kids also.

I can't have her sick.  My golf game is already suffering.

• Like 2

The wife and I have queue numbers in the 145*** range with THG. The Group as a whole has 31000 doses in the first batch.

I have had Pfizer so not concerned but obviously there are worries for the wife. So we purchased 2 doses from Virajsilp Hospital, Chumphon with a queue number of 12** but they are only getting 580 doses in the first batch and they are only vaccinating 290.

So either way it is going to be a wait for her and will take the first that becomes available in the queue system. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malathione said:

I paid for the first lot at Bumrungrad and have an appointment for the first dose on the 16th. Being that I've already had my Pfizer, these will go to the GF. So, certainly not a thousand shots; I wasn't that quick.

I believe Bangkok has gotten a larger allotment.

My friend is giving his to my wife.  He just signed up 2 months ago.  Appointment is December 14th.

9 hours drive from Issan.

Stay at nice hotel and gorge on Falang food!

Already looking forward to her second jab.

• Like 2

An update to my post is that Virajsilp Hospital have just announced they are doing 318 jabs on the 11th and same again on 12th Nov. If this is going to be the case every day then should only be a short wait.

I shall notify THG to keep 2 of our Moderna shots as boosters for next year and 2 will be transferred. 

Edited by worrab
reword
  • Like 1

A few weeks ago we paid for my wife's sister to get the moderna vaccine at Bangkok hospital in Khon Kaen. So today they went there to find out what is going on and to see about a booster Vaccine for us (we were vaccinated 6 months ago in the US) . 

The told her that they are only getting 2,000 dose allotments and she was 15,000 th in line. At that rate she will get her vaccine the year 2027 , 

As far as we are concerned , no one seems to be able to help us with a booster, I am 65 years old with a heart condition and I am in essence unvaccinated if what they say about the vaccine being ineffective after 6 months is true. If I cant get this thing resolved , as soon as I get my passport back from being renewed , we are leaving Thailand. for a little while and we will get our booster shot elsewhere.

Anyone has any idea where I can get a booster shot? IWe are in Khon Kaen, and I am vaccinated with Pfizer, so I guess a Pfizer or a moderna booster would be what is required. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Sad 1

I ordered with great difficulty back in June Moderna boosters for 4 people including myself and full courses for 3 more unvaccinated people from Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.  I was impressed to hear that the 3 unvaccinated ones were contacted by the hospital to make appointments for their first shots next week.  I would think there would be a lot of influence wielders demanding 3rd and 4th shots ahead of the queue. Well done Samitivej! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I ordered with great difficulty back in June Moderna boosters for 4 people including myself and full courses for 3 more unvaccinated people from Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.  I was impressed to hear that the 3 unvaccinated ones were contacted by the hospital to make appointments for their first shots next week.  I would think there would be a lot of influence wielders demanding 3rd and 4th shots ahead of the queue. Well done Samitivej! 

Impressive.

I still haven't heard a thing from Udon Thani Hospital.

No updates, nothing.

I think I should have ordered from a Bangkok Hospital or even Khon Kaen.

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

A friend gave me his to give my wife.  Its in Bangkok December 14th.

When did you receive your wife's appointment date at Bangkok Udon Thani ?

We registered and were given the number that we were in the line 13,000's but not date, something very suspect going on here because this consortium was supposed to receive 1.9 million doses if I'm not mistaken and it was to arrive on the 1st November, then checked and dispersed.

If privates are only receiving 10,000 doses each, that means 190 hospitals.

Edited by 4MyEgo

19 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Same for me (but private hospital) as I was worried about the flare-up of Variant Delta and couldn't risk waiting until November for 1st jab. I depend completely on public transportation.

Asked for refund on the paid for Moderna but no. Allowed to find people to transfer Moderna jabs to but no; many people did what you and I did...not to wait*. Asked that 1st jab be in March 2022 as a booster shot and no answer.

* government also began talking about a delay of Moderna into 2022. Much too long to be unvaccinated.

I too paid for Moderna back in June and as I have had Pfizer asked if I could delay jab till March/April and was told yes, so if you are also wanting it as a booster for March/April, talk to the hospital again.

On the other hand, if you are not wanting it for then and want to sell it and are around Udon Thani, PM me as I believe that I have a buyer for the same amount you paid for it of course.

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

If I cant get this thing resolved , as soon as I get my passport back from being renewed , we are leaving Thailand. for a little while and we will get our booster shot elsewhere.

I know this is very far from you, however, might be a start, I mean if your keen to travel overseas, this might be as close as a local flight for you.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I know this is very far from you, however, might be a start, I mean if your keen to travel overseas, this might be as close as a local flight for you.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

Thank you. 

I will look into it. We were thinking of taking a ride to Bangkok , visit some family. and have some of that Great Bangkok food anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Thank you. 

I will look into it. We were thinking of taking a ride to Bangkok , visit some family. and have some of that Great Bangkok food anyway. 

I too have a heart condition and am over 60, that said I will be monitoring the science because they are saying 6-8 months before the antibodies wane, but no data on whether the T & B cells kick in after that if you get infected, so might end up being an annual jab for us over 60-65 years of age, and those with underlying conditions, a bit like the annual influenza shot, so don't feel rushed, follow the science and if it says take it now, then do so, at the end of the day, it's what makes you as an individual comfortable. Personally I would like to take it as an annual, but this time around it depends on how long Bangkok Hospital will allow me to draw my shot out ? 

As for the Great Bangkok takeaway, enjoy.

• Like 1