Thai PM urges relevant government agencies to fix “Thailand Pass” system after many did not receive QR code

webfact

2 hours ago, micmichd said:

Why go home at the airlines's expense? The airlines should be able to check everything before you're boarding a flight. 

That’s the point isn’t it!  Try getting on a plane to America without a Negative PCR test result in your hand.   Thailand should be the same! ( Maybe add a vax certificate.).   End of story.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

That’s the point isn’t it!  Try getting on a plane to America without a Negative PCR test result in your hand.   Thailand should be the same! ( Maybe add a vax certificate.).   End of story.

Sorry to say that Thailand should never do the same as America where +80k infection and +1k deaths still occurred daily. Thailand should be strict on inbound travellers and fix the Thailand Pass asap. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DaveC said:

The Digital Government Development Agency = incompetence.

What digital agency -

1. Posts documents in PDF format and only accept returns in JPG.

2. Does not make provision for variance in Passport Number formats.

3. Does not test presentation in popular browser formats.

4. Fails to test functionality.

This Agency has a long track record for incompetence and needless to say countless stress and loss of travelers monies.

Is it any wonder that Thailand is the laughing stock of the travel industry when so many barriers are put in place for the genuine visitor.

They have had many years to achieve competence with the 90 day notification but just cannot do it.

Perhaps hiring professional IT personnel would be a start but then they too would also have to contend with all sorts of irrational decisions.

Well constructed.

I wonder if it's ever been considered that this is how they want it - the general incompetence uneasy ability to reason - regardless of how all of it might come across. 

A sad state to be sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

But first he should appoint a few committees to try and figure out whether any of the ”Thai agencies” involved are actually....relevant. This could take a while.

Correct: if you have no solution for something, you form a work group, and when their solution fails, you have someone to blame. This is management by cowards.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I can't even complete the initial registration.

It includes 'why going to Thailand' I clicked on 'Returning to Thailand' because I hold PR and I'm going home, permanently/forever to my family in LOS.

Then it asks 'how many days?'

Truth is I am an old man and I will probably never leave my Thai family/Thailand again. I left the box blank, I inserted 1, and 99. None accepted.

Any other PR holders completed the initial TP registration? What did you insert in the box 'How many days'?

Thanks.

The issue probably is not that box. 

There is a nearly invisible box at the bottom of the page that you must check. 

2 minutes ago, Flink said:

Two better words: Not necessary.

If you arrive at the check in desk with your passport, vaccination certificate and PCR result to show them, that should suffice. Instead they come up with TP which takes forever, and often many attempts (in some cases) to actually get approval and be sent a QR code to present at the checkin desk, many of which don't have bar code readers yet. It's an unnecessary hassle to would be tourists, and returning Thais, expats and workers, that just isn't needed.

How many people would show up for their flight without a Test and Go hotel under your recommended approach? 

4 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

You'd think in Thailand 4.0 with dreams of smart cities that the need to have this resolved wouldn't even rise above the level of the programers manager it would be patently obviously and a team would have been working on it first day out of the gate.

PM constantly sticking his nose into mundane, low level stuff that doesn't rise to the position. In the end this is an issue with the design and coding of a program.

This would free his time and he can get back to solving corriander shortages.

Hey  stoopid peepl ... PCR test prior to flight. ATK tests at the airport... DONE. Problem solved.

*It's all about in$uran€e

So 0.075% of incoming people found to be positive so far, put another way 99.925% of people test OK. Where is the problem? 

• Like 1

“Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha yesterday, November 7th, has ordered relevant Thai agencies to improve the “Thailand Pass” system after multiple applicants reportedly did not receive the QR Code”

The understatement of the week!  Scrap the whole idea for cryin out loud

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Right, that's sorted then, might as well cancel my flight.

Why have a 'Pass' at all? Just issue clear instructions to the airlines on what passengers need to have and it'll sort itself.  They can check you have everything on arrival (which they will anyway) and make it clear that if you haven't complied, you're going home at the airlines's expense.

100% agree with this.. I just flew to Kenya from TH over the weekend.. at QATAR check in at Swampy showed passport, East Africa visa, COVID test <72 hours old, Thai issued vax passport, Kenya track code ( downloaded from Kenya website that does work), proof of accomodation and was soon strolling through a very empty terminal on the way to the departure gate.. on Kenya side it was rinse and repeat , no more than 5 minutes in front of desk time at check in in BKK  or arrival in Nairobi  

2 hours ago, thurien said:

I am still of the opinion that this TP again is part of the "beloved big TH charades" of confusing others (travellers, visitors), preventing things to work properly, finally leading to utter disappointment. And out of frustration, internationals then "won't go, fed up" ... which is exactly what a xenophobic government wants, keep the Great Unwashed at bay but do not explicitly prevent them from entering of the country ("it's the glitches in the system, you see...")

"Hanlon's razor " Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. The Thai 'Thick gene' ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

The great leader of Thailand should have just said, that the Thailand Pass will be cancelled immediately.

Bring your passport and visa and your funds, plus insurance and welcome to Thailand.

I am sure that the problem with this pass and its fancy QR codes etc, cannot be fixed. Scrap it.

Geezer

Maybe they should add a bar code to it. Not all smartphones have have a resolution high enough to scan a QR code. 

TPN media notes that, overall, the Thai government did not say that there was any blame or fault on their end for the delay of QR codes, but blamed nearly the entire issue on user error.

Of course, we all know how good the government agencies websites are.

• Haha 1