Volunteer visas on hold

2 agents have told me that volunteer visas are not being issued right now and to instead take covid visa extensions. The hope is during that time, volunteer visas will be issued again.

Does anyone know what is causing the suspension of this scheme and whether it is likely to resume or not?

2 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Does anyone know what is causing the suspension of this scheme and whether it is likely to resume or not?

This is what I received from agent that has organized these in the past......

”They are no longer available at the moment due to the recent shift in positions.

Hopefully this changes soon."

My suggestion would be to take that option off the table.

I did vounteer work in CNX years ago....had to go to BKK to get it...dont ask me why

Was an english radio show on NBT radio I did with a Japanese guy--we chatted and played

music--movie reviews--banter--was fun--thais could call in and ask for "hotel California" lol

Anyhoo me and another guy went to bkk to get this VOl visa....i took train he took bus and I made it

first,  boy did they make a fuss over giving me one..luckily the radio guy backer was a lawyer as

I had to call him and dont know what was said but the IO bkk guy wasnt happy.....also cost me 2000

later my buddy arrived and they told him they are NO longer giving visas out....felt bad for that guy

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

A friends daughter just arrived in Thailand about two months ago to begin a Mormon Church mission for 16 months.  As it is all volunteer, immigration must be issuing some type of "volunteer visa".  Perhaps UbonJoe could provide more info on this.

The OP is asking about non O volunteering and 12 month extension arranged by an agent.

In that instance no volunteering is actually undertaken. 

The friend's daughter is doing something different. Seems she would be volunteering and would have the required paperwork that would involve the organization etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanuman2547 said:

A friends daughter just arrived in Thailand about two months ago to begin a Mormon Church mission for 16 months.  As it is all volunteer, immigration must be issuing some type of "volunteer visa".  Perhaps UbonJoe could provide more info on this.

Your friend's daughter is actually going the legal route so should be ok.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I think she may of entered on a non-r visa for missionary work and then a one year extension  for the same reason.

• Like 1