COVID insurance that covers asymptomatic quarantine in hospital?

Does anyone know which insurer also covers asymptomatic quarantine in a private hospital? My wife is visiting TH soon but she has some serious underlying health problems. If she were to be infected with corona then it would be wiser for her to be admitted to a private hospital until she tests negative than waiting it out in a hotel room.

My Thai wife's basic health insurance (EU) covers any costs incurred worldwide, a travel/covid insurance is not really needed but to be sure i want to get her one anyway.

15 minutes ago, internationalism said:

in thailand everybody positive goes to hospital for 10 days. It would be rather private one and cost from 60k. If hospitals are overstretched, they will move asymptomatic patients to hospitel - from 30k.

get her the best possible insurance you can afford

I have asked my insurance company about testing positive on arrival and am i covered if i have to quarantine in hospital even though i have no symptoms. After being on hold for 10 minutes i was informed i would be as long as i purchased gold or gold plus cover which is the most expensive.

I have underlying health issues so that level is probably what i need anyway but it's best to get things confirmed too many grey areas leading to the brown stuff hitting the fan.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

don't be so sure about that mate, they wait until almost the end of the application process to ask something like "do you have any chronic diseases for which you are taking medication / injection".

if you answer Yes then the computer churns for a few seconds and then rejects your application. 

I have gout so I answered yes and got rejected. so I re-did and said no and got the "cover".

Plus it looks like if you are over 74 forget about buying! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

Sounds like the kind of policy that will not pay-out because you didnt declare a headache you had in 1985..

Or won't pay out if you get rejected and redo your application by omitting the thing you got rejected for. Sure that can be tracked/looked up by an investigator looking to not payout on a claim.

• Like 1

My insurance covers a private room.

But it's quite possible that private rooms would be fully occupied, in which case an open ward or field ward is where we would end up anyway. No visitors allowed in either case for covid patients.

While I rate the risk of me personally getting covid to be very low (due to the specifics of my lifestyle, not to the common misconception that some people have that they are superman/woman), the inconvenience of getting it would be massive, assuming I survived and recovered without long covid ????

11 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

don't be so sure about that mate, they wait until almost the end of the application process to ask something like "do you have any chronic diseases for which you are taking medication / injection".

if you answer Yes then the computer churns for a few seconds and then rejects your application. 

I have gout so I answered yes and got rejected. so I re-did and said no and got the "cover".

There is a very small sentence which says that you are NOT ELIGIBLE if you are already in Thailand.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I have read a 1st hand report on  Facebook that Emirates inclusive cover does pay for asymptomatic hospital admission.

But that is only on a one way ticket into Thailand. If it is a return journey, the cover ends when you arrive.

24 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

So, just to be clear, you recommend answering fraudulently?

yep. gout isn't going to make me more susceptible to catching the 'vid. the only way they know I take the meds is if they search my possessions and they won't find anything because I'm not bringing any over with me, I'll get 'em when I get there.

if that offends your sensibilities, sorry not sorry. nice guys finish last.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

Sounds like the kind of policy that will not pay-out because you didnt declare a headache you had in 1985..

kinda seems that way. the question obviously should have been at the start so as not to waste people's precious time. also what gives with decline instead of exclusion, that's just lame.

there's the level of incompetence of the stupid Aussie life insurance company I used to work for. their claims department didn't have it's own call centre and the main contact line had no idea where to send any calls that came in. so the poor customer would stay on hold for ages while the CSR rang around the whole company to find somebody who wasn't deathly scared to answer the phone ????

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But that is only on a one way ticket into Thailand. If it is a return journey, the cover ends when you arrive.

How can cover end when  u arrive? Then there is no cover! You have it wrong and a r s e about face. One way tickets provide up to 31 days cover, return tickets up to 365 days. Check Emirates website.

2 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

How can cover end when  u arrive? Then there is no cover! You have it wrong and a r s e about face. One way tickets provide up to 31 days cover, return tickets up to 365 days. Check Emirates website.

Yes the 31 days is on a one way ticket BACK to Thailand. A return ticket BACK to THailand ends when you return, with maybe a bit of cover for an onward train, bus or road trip. 

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Yes the 31 days is on a one way ticket BACK to Thailand. A return ticket BACK to THailand ends when you return, with maybe a bit of cover for an onward train, bus or road trip. 

I did say somewhere that u need to buy a one way ticket to the UK or your home country before buying a return ticket to Thailand with Emirates to get up to a year's free insurance for re-entry. The one-way can also be with Emirates to give u cover beyond emergency NHS cover if u've been away from the UK for 6 months and dont have a home or GP there.

32 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I did say somewhere that u need to buy a one way ticket to the UK or your home country before buying a return ticket to Thailand with Emirates to get up to a year's free insurance for re-entry. The one-way can also be with Emirates to give u cover beyond emergency NHS cover if u've been away from the UK for 6 months and dont have a home or GP there.

The difference in two one way tickets Bkk to Dxb and back was over Bht 6000. Tune policy Bht 3100. Return Bkk to Dxb was Bht 19000

16 hours ago, Irate priest said:

I have asked my insurance company about testing positive on arrival and am i covered if i have to quarantine in hospital even though i have no symptoms. After being on hold for 10 minutes i was informed i would be as long as i purchased gold or gold plus cover which is the most expensive.

I have underlying health issues so that level is probably what i need anyway but it's best to get things confirmed too many grey areas leading to the brown stuff hitting the fan.

Very doubtfull that you will be covered.

Existing pre insurance health conditions will have weakened your immune system and contribute to illness, hence insurance will definetly not cover you.

Sorry, be specific when you speak ty them and ask for a written reply.

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The difference in two one way tickets Bkk to Dxb and back was over Bht 6000. Tune policy Bht 3100. Return Bkk to Dxb was Bht 19000

This thread is about someone travelling to Thailand, not from Thailand, and wanting insurance to cover possible hospitalisation with no Covid symptoms, which Emirates' does. Your comments, and my last one because I thought this was a different thread, are completely irrelevant to this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

This thread is about someone travelling to Thailand, not from Thailand, and wanting insurance to cover possible hospitalisation with no Covid symptoms, which Emirates' does. Your comments, and my last one because I thought this was a different thread, are completely irrelevant to this.

My comments are about someone travelling TO THAILAND either on a return ticket or one way. Read the Emirates FAQs again.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My comments are about someone travelling TO THAILAND either on a return ticket or one way. Read the Emirates FAQs again.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:
7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Lets start again shall we! You are writing absolute nonsense! I have Emirates cover, which was accepted by the Thai authorities, which covers me until I return to the UK in 6 months time. You are either a troll or an insurance agent selling Thai insurance and trying to mislead potential customers by putting them off using Emirates insurance. Dont waste any more of my time!

Edited by SunsetT

5 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Lets start again shall we! You are writing absolute nonsense! I have Emirates cover, which was accepted by the Thai authorities, which covers me until I return to the UK in 6 months time. You are either a troll or an insurance agent selling Thai insurance and trying to mislead potential customers by putting them off using Emirates insurance. Dont waste any more of my time!

I return from Dubai via Emirates on 24th November. Their insurance WILL NOT be accepted to cover me until my Extension needs renewing on 7th December. 

Please stop the insults.

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I return from Dubai via Emirates on 24th November. Their insurance WILL NOT be accepted to cover me until my Extension needs renewing on 7th December. 

Please stop the insults.

If u have a return flight from Dubai you will be covered, like I am from the UK. If it is one way only into Thailand from Dubai, you should be covered for 31 days. If it is the return leg back to Thailand you will not be covered.

19 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

If u have a return flight from Dubai you will be covered, like I am from the UK. If it is one way only into Thailand from Dubai, you should be covered for 31 days. If it is the return leg back to Thailand you will not be covered.

That is exactly what I am trying to say. The cover ends as soon as you land in Thailand if it is a RETURN flight from Thailand/Dxb/UK.

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

That is filed inside underlying conditions. What the heck has that to do with asymptomatic and Covid-19?

Please feel free to explain what gout has to do with that?

Edited by Gottfrid