lelapin

I am suddenly having problems signing on with my Skype account. I have tried having security code sent to phone and also to email address.  I key that in OK and then get

image.png.799076b52e4822dac6685f1e59feda40.png

Any ideas what I should do next as I do not understand this message?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Skype is owned by Microsoft.

You need to sign in to your Microsoft account as that's where they store all your data.

Bill Gates is a scoundrel and scallywag of the highest order. 

Webex is the alternative fashion. 

2 minutes ago, lelapin said:

Sorry about that but I am 80 and my sister in the UK is 87 and her hearing isn't that good so if I just shouted to her through my window she probably wouldn't hear me.

Point taken, but WhatsApp, Signal, etc are so much easier to use.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I use it all the time, makes me appear to be living in London and using a landline to call.

Perfect for pensions and banking phone calls, and they can call me back in my 'London' home.

Must remember that....555

Do you have backdrop? Tower of London?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, BritManToo said:

Skype is owned by Microsoft.

You need to sign in to your Microsoft account as that's where they store all your data.

I use Skype about once a year when someone sends me something on it (even tho I tell them not to), otherwise its turned off.

I just had to open Skype first time in 6 months yesterday on my Win11 PC and the password it needed was a Skype pwd I have always used, not my Microsoft account pwd. I was however already logged into Microsoft as part of Win11 operating system and to access my OneDrive files.

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

People have landlines?

Yes, most businesses, financial institutions, government offices and in the UK, fibre optic internet need a phone landline.

Skype can also call mobile phones which do not need an app installed or internet. Beat that then!

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

if you go to www.skype.com on your computer, there  is an option to sign in on the top right  hand side of the  page. Click on the small downward pointing arrow next to it and it will give you the option  "My account" and sign in to Skype.

I think you will need to use the account one.

I cannot understand why yhey would want details about your computer. It is none of their business.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

I have at regular times that request from microsoft .Microsoft, it  just ask to login on your account with pin (in my case) or password and then all is O.K. again .It is a security matter for your Microsoft Account .

With using only a local account you might not get that regular  security question

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

Which ones apart from Skype?

I use Voipbuster ...just google many from same provider with different names and by crediting 200 minutes free call to some countrys (listed) even mobile calls 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Which ones apart from Skype?

here some rates  , if using  caller I.D. from a E.U. member state  (only for I.D. not taking credit ) mobile is even cheaper ,

Voip Call Rates.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

here some rates  , if using  caller I.D. from a E.U. member state  (only for I.D. not taking credit ) mobile is even cheaper ,

Voip Call Rates.png

30 cents a minute to Belgium mobiles is not too cheap.

UK rates are 13p a minute landline and 15p a minute mobiles. I think Skype can beat those rates.

What about Google Duo, anyone? How does it work?