Report from CW - My 1Y Extension based on Marriage has not yet been accepted :(

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Money in bank does not need to be shown as coming from abroad for extensions based both on marriage and retirement.

For non O application only retirement requires funds to be shown coming from abroad. 

Non O (marriage) does not have that requirement.

Not sure why op is referring to need to show/prove foreign transfer for his extension when it's not required.

On different matter you stated this....

"Only the TM 30 was an extra requirement a few years ago but is now part of the routine".

I note that tm30 was also required for the OP.

I have never shown tm30 for extensions. Recently obtained extension 2 weeks back. However I'm using based on retirement.

Thanks.

Yes, dont have to show the lump sum as coming from abroad. But if enough applicants are offering this kind of information to immig it may be quite possible to give immig ideas who may start requiring it from everybody.

I recall a few years ago when all that tm30 business was in the news and required, the immigration officer specifically asked my wife for a copy of the tm30. Now we just routinely include a copy buried in the middle of the paperwork submisson.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 2

Another quick question: I have an appointment at CW next Tuesday at 8:30. The IO kept my queue number paper though. Does that mean I have to queue alongside everyone else or do I still get to skip the queue and go straight to the IO at 8:30? 

30 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Just a word of warning about Wise Transfers, there has been many caught out lately because it appears that Wise transfers do not show as international transfers anymore, there has been a lot of discussions on here about it

Good advice.

Keep in mind that for extension using money in the bank, proof funds came from overseas is not required.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Thanks.

Yes, dont have to show the lump sum as coming from abroad. But if enough applicants are offering this kind of information to immig it may be quite possible to give immig ideas who may start requiring it from everybody.

I recall a few years ago when all that tm30 business was in the news and required, the immigration officer specifically asked my wife for a copy of the tm30. Now we just routinely include a copy buried in the middle of the paperwork submisson.

I had the TM.30 business raise its head again last week when the IO asked for a new TM.30 when I was renewing my extension at Khon Kaen, lucky my wife was with me so she could do it.

I hope I never get asked for my 'original' Australia marriage document. I have always been so careful to keep my originals all these years, but my wife threw them out a year or so ago.

I remember how painful it was getting the original certificate notarised, translated, stamped and whatever so I could get mMaybe thyy marriage registered in Thailand.

Last marriage extension I was not asked for the original. In a way, if needed every year, it is a pointless and academic exercise. The annual Kor Kor (showing your marriage is still registered) and your wife turning up with you is the relevant proof.

Maybe they need to see the original for your first extension. But for future extensions logic would dictate that the IO saw your originals previously, it obviously can't of changed, it is in the records as being accepted.

I know logic doesn't apply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

The bank account beneficiary must be you,  no joint account. For 1st application 2 months is sufficient, for renewal (extension) you need to have 400k in your account for 3 months (not just 2 as others suggested).

Money in the bank for 2 Months every time. Is the regulation.

Actually there is so much incorrect information in Thalueng's post that you should disregard all of it.

Edited by Lite Beer

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Buggered if I know why they make the marriage extension more onerous than the retirement extension, that's why I switched from Marriage to retirement visa after I turned 50.

The reason why marriage extensions are more onerous (your choice of word, not mine) is because immigration are aware that a number of applicants use sham marriages to obtain an extension that they would otherwise not qualify for. 

It is more prevalent amongst the Asian and African communities but, none the less, all marriage extension applications are subject to greater scrutiny.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Buggered if I know why they make the marriage extension more onerous than the retirement extension, that's why I switched from Marriage to retirement visa after I turned 50.

On another note, I went for my extension 2 weeks ago at CW and the IO told my wife that I didn't have enough money in the bank, as the bank book she was looking at only had 1,3M in it ( you need 1.6M for a joint account for whatever rediculous reason, even though my partner is Thai and not a foreigner). My wife pointed out that there was 15M in the other bank book on the table in front of her (deposited a few years ago) and it was shown in the statement in front of her and the IO stated that she was only using one bank book for the application and that she had already started processing the first one, so in future we shouldn't confuse her by producing 2 bank accounts. She finally processed the second bank book but she was pretty snarky about it. 

Why did you show two bank books when it was not necessary? The fault here is yours. I too, take additional evidence but I keep it in my bag unless required. To date never been required. 

Immigration do want to check original documentation hence their request for your original marriage cert. You need 2 letters from your bank one stating it is your account and showing a nominal deposit on the day and the other stating how much you have in it and for how long. They like copies of your bank book for the year too. T M 30 is only a problem if their records show you traveling.

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

You need 2 letters from your bank one stating it is your account and showing a nominal deposit on the day and the other stating how much you have in it and for how long. They like copies of your bank book for the year too.

Which immigration office since I have never heard of anything along these lines.

In any event irrelevant.

The OP is dealing with CW.

I have posted above examples of bank letter.

As for best procedure....

Attend bank and request bank letter and at same time make a small deposit. Ask clerk for photography of this last page of bankbook. Place that with other required pages of bankbook.

The balance in letter then reflects this on the day transaction.

The ONE bank letter is 100baht.

Give the io the bank letter, bank books and photocopies of pages. Done.

4 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Immigration do want to check original documentation hence their request for your original marriage cert. You need 2 letters from your bank one stating it is your account and showing a nominal deposit on the day and the other stating how much you have in it and for how long. They like copies of your bank book for the year too. T M 30 is only a problem if their records show you traveling.

You only need one letter from the bank.

They only issue one as far as I know.

The bank book with give the other information.

Even when I could have opted for a marriage extension went straight to retirement.

Less hassle & no intrusion with possible visits, photos (proof that living together etc)

Since the "marriage extension purge when they found literally thousands of "wives" never even met their husbands , proved to be the right decision

22 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

You only need one letter from the bank.

They only issue one as far as I know.

The bank book with give the other information.

Incorrect information & banks will issue letter and statements, depending on you immigration office, two documents are needed, the letter certifying that the account is yours plus a bank stamped statement showing the last 3 months (only 2 are needed but 3 is just as easy and is no different in cost) you have not dropped under the 400k. Udon immigration office is one that requires both statement and letter from the bank, it seems that CW also requires the same.

20 hours ago, natway09 said:

Even when I could have opted for a marriage extension went straight to retirement.

Less hassle & no intrusion with possible visits, photos (proof that living together etc)

Since the "marriage extension purge when they found literally thousands of "wives" never even met their husbands , proved to be the right decision

Your decision is right for you.

I haven’t had any problems with my choice to only commit 400k to a bank account and stay with the marriage extension, I don’t have any desire to commit 800k in the same way or go through the “proof of income”  shenanigans required by that method.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Incorrect information & banks will issue letter and statements, depending on you immigration office, two documents are needed, the letter certifying that the account is yours plus a bank stamped statement showing the last 3 months (only 2 are needed but 3 is just as easy and is no different in cost) you have not dropped under the 400k. Udon immigration office is one that requires both statement and letter from the bank, it seems that CW also requires the same.

It is the correct info at most immigration offices. The will accept a updated bank book to prove the 400k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

I have seen reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration accepts a updated bank book.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Udon immigration office is one that requires both statement and letter from the bank, it seems that CW also requires the same.

For extensions using money in the bank CW does not require bank statements. Photocopies of bank book pages is sufficient.

For income method bank statements are required.

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Only the letter and the updated bank book is needed.

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, Lite Beer said:

Money in the bank for 2 Months every time. Is the regulation.

Actually there is so much incorrect information in Thalueng's post that you should disregard all of it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in my post, it is exactly what is required for an extension based on marriage, including the 3 month and the 30 days. But what I should have mentioned is it applies to Hua Hin IO. Other provinces and specially Bangkok might handle it with different rules. Whatever you consider correct or incorrect information obviously does not help everywhere in Thailand, and certainly not if you require correct information for Hua Hin.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:09 PM, TravelerEastWest said:

Frustrating that the bank did not give you the correct letter as they do it quite often...

My letters have been in English so they were easy to check - they simply say what your balance is and it is a good idea to make a small deposit the same day. Then ask for bank statement for the last six months and you should be good to go.

At Kamphaeng Phet IO they require 12 months bank statements which at the Bangkok bank I had to order at least 3 working days in advance at a cost of 200 baht.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, Russell17au said:

I see where the error was in the money in the bank. The OP thought that it must show it coming from overseas so when his first Wise transfer did not show as an international transfer he did another transfer but the last transfer was the one that the bank listed and it showed that the money had not been seasoned for the 2 months before the application. The bank letter did not show the previous transfer. As for the marriage certificate, the original has always been needed to show the IO and the updated Kor Ror 2 papers to prove that you are still married. I have always done a new TM.30 with every new application and have never had any problems so far. Just a word of warning about Wise Transfers, there has been many caught out lately because it appears that Wise transfers do not show as international transfers anymore, there has been a lot of discussions on here about it. 

I download my Bangkok bank statements every month and every month they show up is an incoming international transfer from offshore. In my bankbook they show up as FTT.