Sinovac/Sinopharm?

misterworldwide

You should try to get Pfizer-BioNTech or Astra Zeneca or Moderna or the J&J if they are available.  Higher effectiveness than the two Chinese vaccines. 
   Some other countries do not recognize the Chinese vaccines for entry.  Canada being one.   
If you plan on traveling to other countries at some point, you may want a vaccine that is universally accepted by almost all countries.

But if you plan on just staying in South Asia, you may be okay with the China vaccines.    Up to you. 

Some countries just do not accept Sinovac or Sinopharm. 

Vaccines not currently accepted for entry to Canada. 

• Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV) 
  • Gamaleya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada

• Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
    • Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
    • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
    • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rumak said:

Farang here that wants to get vaccinated, but only with either Sinopharm or Sinovac; no AZ, Moderna, or Pfizer.

good choice...... if one HAS to get jabbed

What makes the China vaccines better than Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech or Astra-Zeneca or the J&J Jansen vaccines? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Catoni said:

What makes the China vaccines better than Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech or Astra-Zeneca or the J&J Jansen vaccines? 

Because they're old-fashioned honest-to-goodness vaccines like Grandma used to make. And they never ever caused anyone any harm. Except when they did.

21 hours ago, misterworldwide said:

Farang here that wants to get vaccinated, but only with either Sinopharm or Sinovac; no AZ, Moderna, or Pfizer. How to?

It would help if you stated the province in which you reside.

Best way really is to contact your local health authority of go to your nearest hospital and ask..

3 hours ago, Catoni said:

You should try to get Pfizer-BioNTech or Astra Zeneca or Moderna or the J&J if they are available.  Higher effectiveness than the two Chinese vaccines. 
   Some other countries do not recognize the Chinese vaccines for entry.  Canada being one.   
If you plan on traveling to other countries at some point, you may want a vaccine that is universally accepted by almost all countries.

But if you plan on just staying in South Asia, you may be okay with the China vaccines.    Up to you. 

Some countries just do not accept Sinovac or Sinopharm. 

Vaccines not currently accepted for entry to Canada. 

• Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
  • Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV) 
  • Gamaleya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
  • Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
  • Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada

• Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
    • Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
    • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
    • Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)

He knows sinovax and sinopharm are useless thats why he's asking there are no long term side effects as they are proven to be no good thats the point get vaccinated without really been vaccinated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hes in luck!

Theres no more free Pfeizer, Astra Zeneca is in short supply,.  Moderna?  You cant get that unless you've paid and reserved months ago.

The Chinese swill really is the only stuff available.  I don't know if it's available to foreigners though.

Might have to make a trip to another 3rd world country where they still use it. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, connda said:

I believe the Op is less interested in 'effectiveness' and more interested in the vaccine technology's safety profile.  mRNA and AVV Covid vaccines have no long-term (5 to 10 years) efficacy studies. 

Inactivated virus vaccines technology has a long, time-tested safety profile.  A large percentage of "vaccine hesitate" are essentially balking at taking vaccine technologies which have no long-term safety data, but would take a vaccination based on inactivated virus vaccines technology if they could find it.  These people are not "anti-vaxx", they are pro-safety.

Sure they are. It has nothing at all to do with their political orientation

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: Media and Misinformation

People’s trusted news sources are correlated with their belief in COVID-19 misinformation. The share who hold at least four misconceptions is small (between 11-16%) among those who say they trust COVID-19 information from network news, local TV news, CNN, MSNBC, and NPR. This share rises to nearly four in ten among those who trust COVID-19 information from One America News (37%) and Fox News (36%), and to nearly half (46%) among those who trust information from Newsmax. 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-media-and-misinformation

On 11/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, rumak said:

No "HAS" about it if one wants to enjoy what life has to offer.

Checked in to a hotel today in Rayong and first thing they asked for were the vaccination certificates.

No certificate, no can stay.

Same in a bar in Dublin a fewweeks back, no certificate, no entry.

7 hours ago, wombat said:

meanwhile take away the scare mongering and look at the big picture stats wise and guess what...

covid4.jpg

While many may use "death" as an excuse, i doubt governments around the world care about how many people die. What they care about and what it ultimately comes down to is the cost of healthcare. Because all Covid related treatments paid by the state, not only it over loads the healthcare but blows out any budgets.

Of course no PM or President will come out and openly say we are worried about the costs, all say worry about lives. When they mention over loading healthcare, rest assured they are not worried about doctors or nurses working long hours but worried about the cost to the state.

As bad as it sounds but old people dying is actually very beneficial to state, no more pension needs to be paid.

Paying for your vaccine and even yearly boosters is by far cheaper than having to treat infected people.

Singapore has already made an announcement, state will no longer cover any covid related treatment for anyone who did not want to be vaccinated.

As for choice of vaccine, while chinese vaccines have proven to be "something" over time it has also proven to be less effective in comparison to all new vaccines and even less so against new strains and before another internet expert starts to claim now mRNA are unsafe, they would do some reading. Not only mRNA technology has been in use for a decade at least, but mRNA is very unstable if outside the body and will not survive a second. In addition no vaccine EVER undergo any 5-10 year trials before being introduced to the market and no vaccine EVER developed some side effects 2 or 5 or 10 years later. 

If there is any side effects, it shows up within 2-4 weeks.

I'm sorry but Sinovac is the worst possible option and Sinopharm the second worst. Not a conspiracy of any kind but scientific fact.

Pfizer/AZ/Moderna/JJ are the ones.

That is, until the 'Universal Covid vaccine' comes through - covering all Covid virus' and addressed to the nucleosid of the protein which mutates rarely and gives long lasting T-cell immunity similar to the infection itself. Plus needleless injection from 'Pharmajet' - FDA approved in the USA. Currently on trial in the RSA - (adapted from a cancer vaccine platform for advanced melanoma). Trial results eagerly awaited I might add.

All this anti-vax stuff is billhooks. Worth asking the nurse for 'aspiration' before injection - that would massively reduce side effects.

AIMVHO ATB

On 11/10/2021 at 5:39 AM, placeholder said:

Correct. In fact, the odds are 20 to 1 re the likelihood of you being embattled.

Texas research: Unvaxxed 20 times more likely to die from COVID

Unvaccinated people are 20 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people, per new state research.

https://www.axios.com/texas-research-unvaxxed-20-times-more-likely-to-die-from-covid-973a28b4-ae10-4fdb-8d9c-f14dfdc70e20.html

Facts do not seem to matter to the Anti Vax crowd. It appears to be a waste of time to use reason. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 4:27 AM, rumak said:

Farang here that wants to get vaccinated, but only with either Sinopharm or Sinovac; no AZ, Moderna, or Pfizer.

Why get Chinese junk that don’t work very good??? Oh I get it because the longest lasting product made in china Wuhan you figure those vaccines will last as long lol

10 hours ago, connda said:

I believe the Op is less interested in 'effectiveness' and more interested in the vaccine technology's safety profile.  mRNA and AVV Covid vaccines have no long-term (5 to 10 years) efficacy studies. 

Inactivated virus vaccines technology has a long, time-tested safety profile.  A large percentage of "vaccine hesitate" are essentially balking at taking vaccine technologies which have no long-term safety data, but would take a vaccination based on inactivated virus vaccines technology if they could find it.  These people are not "anti-vaxx", they are pro-safety.

I agree with you re the OP's likely reasoning.

However I don't agree with the reasoning itself. MRNA technology has been trialled in one form or another for decades, and has been subject to more intense scrutiny and research than any other vaccine technology.

The reason that the Covid MRNA vaccines were developed so quickly was because of the (1) decades of prior research and development (2) the massive and unprecedented mobilisation of resources, both financial and non-financial, to address this global pandemic.

I'm sure most people know, but just in case a few don't, I'll also clarify that clinical trialling for the MRNA vaccines did not cut corners: the overall time for trialling was reduced by conducting the individual stages in parallel rather than sequentially, but the stages themselves were as per usual.

I'd also add to that the last time I checked the CCP had not released detailed trial data for its covid vaccines. This does not surprise me because the CCP is known for its opaqueness. However trial data is freely available for western vaccines as usual.

By the way, I'm not trying to put anyone off sinovac/sinopharm - far from it, any vaccine is better than none - despite its lower success rate.

• Like 1