Bars, pubs and nightclubs in Thailand could remain closed until 2022

webfact

You can't have your rich tourist cake and eat it, CCSA. In this case, it's more a question of how to attract these rich tourists with nothing happening, particularly at nightime?  

Number one action - restaurants and bars must be reopened to sell alcohol, like right now. See how that goes first before opening nightclub entertainment venues. 

Number two inaction - Try and understand it's Thais who are mainly spreading Covid, not visitors. As for farangs residing here, they make up less than 3/70 ths of the total population. which is yet another blame story.

In pattaya glad I just have a storage unit with secure motorbike parking now looks like I will still have going into next year.

my reliable sources there say it is dead without any entertainment was there in may so I know.

some drinking beer in a mug for social meet ups but you got to be vigilent are the only bits of normality for foreigners long way from home is a prison like exsistence.

Lots of new faces around is not true

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully they open pubs/bars in Pattaya soon. I saw loads of "Pattaya looking" types in Bangkok last weekend. I think we are being invaded. There will be rows of Pattaya plated Fortuners jamming up Soi 4 soon, bringing their unvaccinated brethren with them, Chang vests, cargo shorts and all. Sunburnt shaved heads everywhere. Please lord, open a few bars down there - this has to stop ????.

And which city HISOS started this latest panademic in Thailand???? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

You should not be so selfish, step down from your unelected position, and give Thai people their country back !  

Never gonna happen. He is a globalist puppet and that's the way it's gonna stay.

You must be a white terrorist proclaiming that people can have a country. Now let's see where I can put racism in.????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I basically gave up even trying to find logic in Thailand.

But sometimes I still think: Why?

What do they think is the point of this? Do they want to make sure fewer people visit Thailand? Do they think more people will get infected when more places, with close contact, will open?

Is it just to pi@$ off people? What is the real reason for this?

I think even those people who make the decisions must be aware that nightlife is a major attraction for people who live in Thailand and who visit Thailand.

This is just a way to accomplish what they have been trying to do for years get rid of the entertainment industry of course the hiso's and the one that can't be named will have their Mia noi's and private clubs 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

If the government do have a wish to kill Walking-street and other red-light venues in Pattaya, there will never in a million years come a better moment than right now.

They do have that wish; have you not heard the mayor say he expects Pattaya to become the next Dubai or Singapore...seriously, he said that!!

• Haha 1

I think the Catch 22 for Thailand is partly to do with colours.  If they open up completely and go back to everything open as normal and then the COVID numbers go up again, they will end up on other countries red lists.  By keeping most things closed they are more likely to keep the cases falling, meaning they will be on the green lists.

The Catch 22 bit is that tourists won't want come to a country on the red list with all the quarantine issues, nor will they want to come to a country on the green list that is still virtually in lockdown.   So in essence, ex-pats would be better off with everything open and Thailand being on the red list as long they live there, but not if they want to go back to their home countries any time soon.  For that, Thailand needs to be on the green lists.