Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pubs, bars and karaoke bars Thailand’s COVID-19 restricted zones and “sandbox” provinces may be allowed to reopen from January 16th, on the condition that they meet the required criteria and pass assessments by relevant authorities,

The covid situation is still fluid and Jan 16 opening is conditional. Europe is having a surge and Holland has reversed their relaxation policies and reimposed partial lockdown and cafes and clubs have to close at 8 pm. Next probably Germany. Flip-flop policies not only Thailand. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/netherlands-impose-partial-lockdown-halt-covid-19-surge-media-2021-11-12/

• Like 2

we may be heading to new travel restrictions and semi-lockdowns all over Europe in the coming months,

don't think Thailand is going to be a priority destination over Christmas ????

at least they could blame this new failure for incoming tourists instead of their silly strict measures ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, rott said:

The full announcement says restaurants in 5 provinces may serve alcohol with meals but only lists 4. Never seem to get a straight story. 

Thai PBS World is the only one reporting this for the yellow provinces, Not thethaiger or NNT on Facebook. So I hope they have not got it wrong. Anyone seen it reported elsewhere?

50 minutes ago, ukrules said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks for that!   It's a pity that I'm getting so much flack for being able to read what was actually said and made available in the media.

I see you've made it your lifes mission to make sure everyone knows you read something slightly differently to them ????

Don't "see your a_rse" just because I can read and comprehend English correctly.   If there is anything in the Dec/Jan re-opening context that I have posted that is provably untrue, show me what it is.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From your own link!...

"In addition, by 1st December, Thailand will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of pub, bars and other entertainment venues".

A "consideration" is not a "confirmation"!    So thanks for confirming what I have been saying!

And yesterday's announcement; "may be allowed to open from January 16th".

So similar situation pushed back by 1.5 months, is my point. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Pubs and bars can re open, what about the brothels, BJ bars and seedy massage shops? ????

Taxi driver informed me that Ab Op Naut's are opening their doors on December 1st. He also added that he predicts staff levels to be high - as families seek to crawl their way out of debt which built up during COVID.

Edited by OishiRefill

So maybe January 16th. I will believe the opening on the date it actually arrives, which may be Feb 15, or 

maybe the Thai government does not want any real tourism, except domestic until some time in 2022.

Glad I decided to wait until at least November 2022, maybe the government will actually make a

decision by then.  Amazingly Slow Thailand. LOSP, Land Of Scared Politicians.

Geezer

12 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Everybody’s tired. But most of us understand that this is and has been an unprecedented world wide health crisis, and are not whining about it. Most of us also understand that this crisis is and has been in a constant state of change even on a daily basis, and do not expect the government to turn on a dime every time the wind shifts, nor do we expect perfect consistency or even what we might regard as logic. They think the way they think for their own reasons, nothing we can do about it but be realistic in our expectations. Nothing is predictable. So you and the other whiners might want to take a step back, accept reality, and stop making yourselves and those around  miserable by complaining. Nobody’s forcing you to stay here. I’ve been here 9 years and am happy just to be here rather than my home country. I’m particularly glad that Thailand, in spite of its missteps, has done exponentially better than the US, which has been the biggest abject miserable failure in the free western world. In the US there are people of power in gov’t who are telling people to refuse masks, to refuse vaccines, and to take untested unproven drugs. There are governors passing laws forbidding schools from requiring masks of students. They are convincing people that it’s an issue of freedom and rights rather than the truth of it being a public health issue. This has caused a health and vaccination crisis literally caused by corrupt idiots and the accompanying right wing media who amplify the false information and deliberate lies. It may be true that Thai gov’t may have its share of fools and corruption, but overall nowhere near the ineptness and insanity of the US and many other places. No sir, you won’t hear me whining or throwing the tantrums seen in the US population. 

God what did you forget your meds this morning sure the hell glad you are there and not in the USA the greatest country in the world 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ftpjtm said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From your own link!...

"In addition, by 1st December, Thailand will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of pub, bars and other entertainment venues".

A "consideration" is not a "confirmation"!    So thanks for confirming what I have been saying!

Expand  

And yesterday's announcement; "may be allowed to open from January 16th".

Where was that quoted, i.e. show the link and the whole quotation as "may be" was not the official announcement.  16th Jan was confirmed as a definite re-opening date for businesses that meet the health requirements.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Knowing how resilient Nick can be, he definitely broke down on camera, the cracks were clearly showing.

Same goes for Phil "Egg" from Le Pub Pattaya and of course the Nightwish gang, they all know the party's over, it's time to pack up and move on.

what about this scruffy Tree Town area of Pattaya? seems to be quite a bit of work going on there constructing 'Gentlemans clubs' or brothels in plain English, said to be the up and coming area for drunks and perverts.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PranBuriThai said:

Watch Nick Dean's latest YouTube video.

I thought he was going to break down during his update.

People were leaving messages in the chat saying they had cancelled or postponed their Thailand trips.

One of his biggest supporters sent a message saying that he wouldn't be coming to Thailand if he couldn't get a drink at one of Nick's bars.

Many of these bar owners helped feed Thai's during the lockdown and the thanks they get is being drummed out of business.

Never heard of him but watched this one of his and found it fascinating, did not know selling THC was legal, 1k for 4 grams, might be worth going to Pattaya after all

Thailand: Is Pattaya Changing? - YouTube

41 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

what about this scruffy Tree Town area of Pattaya? seems to be quite a bit of work going on there constructing 'Gentlemans clubs' or brothels in plain English, said to be the up and coming area for drunks and perverts.

Tree Town is just too tiny to contain all that Pattaya would have to eventually offer.

Besides I know from a very reliable source the rents have been DOUBLED for the upcoming 2022 season (in a very Thai fashion), which ultimately is going to drive away quite a few food vendors/food cart sellers and Thai businesses owners out of business.

22 hours ago, ronster said:

Funny as I was in a bar/ restaurant last week and hardly anyone was eating but everyone was drinking alcohol and I didn’t notice people running around hugging each other and breathing in each other’s face ! 

Did they all temporarily suspend their breathing then?

nobody has covid from being there as far as I’m aware 

But you are not.....

Edited by jacko45k

20 hours ago, dinsdale said:

You don't for a minute think alcohol isn't being consumed on these occasions do you. This is happening all over Thailand everyday.

I don't know, have not been in every home in Thailand to say yeah or nay, but I would expect some of them are having a beer. But we do not discuss family meal times but bars and nightlife opening. I frequently eat at a place or two where I can get a beer, they are open air places, I sit only close to my good lady.....and feel safe....but somewhere nearby there is often a large group eating together where it is certainly riskier. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Henryford said:

I was just about to book a hotel in Koh Chang for a week in December but they can stuff that. Can't even have a glass of wine with my dinner.

Whilst I haven't been to Koh Chang, we went to one of the nearby islands a few weeks ago and after you get off the boat it's like covid never existed.   Barely a face mask in sight, restaurants and resort bars happily and openly selling alcohol.   I have heard similar about other islands.   From what I can gather the restrictions are only really enforced in Pattaya now.