thai birthcertificate trouble in holland

retell

hello ,

for the paperwork for my son who is half thai and half dutch we are busy in getting his paperwork in order.

we got the whole pack such as our marriage , his birth certificate translated legalised .

now here at cityhall they want his birthcertificate not laminated (not my idea) and stamped for legalisation.

on the certificate they literally print that this document gets only give it out once , also on the back is says that there cannot be anything extra on there such as extra stamps or writing it makes it invalid and punishable by law.

anyone get experience with this?

kind greets

retell and family

Explain Thailand is not the same as Holland and that you would have to travel back to Thailand to obtain a 'clean' birth certificate, so please waive the bureaucratic stuff and be pragmatic. Worked for me in Australia, best of luck...If not perhaps your wife's relative/s can arrange with the Amphur, a backhander should do and mail it to you.

It’s not normal to laminate any of the important certificates, birth, marriage, change of name, etc. in any country and would certainly invalidate them. Laminating then puts them under heat when putting in plastic so would melt any embossed parts and would make the identifying of the certificate as genuine or not, very difficult. Thailand doesn’t make it easy to get copies though, in fact, I’d birth certificates are anything like the marriage certificate, once it’s gone it’s gone, there is no possibility of getting another one issued which, is in itself a rediculous idea. I’ll ask my wife a little later if it’s possible to get a replacement birth certificate and let you know. If it is pooinke, I don’t mind helping you by going to the amphur office and requesting a copy and sending it to you if you have no one to help you with it here I will send you a pm once I ask and let you know.

Start by cutting the edges of the lamination and use the blow dryer to blow warm air on to the lamination. Once the lamination is heated and the air is pushing between the paper and plastic, the edges of the lamination will peel away from each other.

I tried this today with an old US form that was laminated years ago.  It worked.  

Yes, my wife laminated my daughters birth certificate as well! But you can get certified copies from your Amphoe very easily, it takes only a few minutes and you can get multiple copies, all signed. Also in English so no translation needed. Cost? 20 baht.

I (well the wife) got 4 copies for my daughter early this year, 2 Thai and 2 English.

I did a laminated paper  about 6 months ago and got  the ok  they did say beter have paper  but I got the documents I needed 

is gemeente oldenzaal  not difficult people 

best of luck  just Keep cool maybe try again anothet day maybe a different amtenaar  that will do for u  as always red tape everywhere but does not help the normal people that just need simple things 

2 hours ago, rickudon said:

Yes, my wife laminated my daughters birth certificate as well! But you can get certified copies from your Amphoe very easily, it takes only a few minutes and you can get multiple copies, all signed. Also in English so no translation needed. Cost? 20 baht.

I (well the wife) got 4 copies for my daughter early this year, 2 Thai and 2 English.

Pretty sure he is already in the netherlands

22 hours ago, simple1 said:

Explain Thailand is not the same as Holland and that you would have to travel back to Thailand to obtain a 'clean' birth certificate, so please waive the bureaucratic stuff and be pragmatic. Worked for me in Australia, best of luck...If not perhaps your wife's relative/s can arrange with the Amphur, a backhander should do and mail it to you.

Unless it has recently changed, Thailand does NOT re-issue birth certificates. My wife lost hers in a fire and cannot get another one.  However, she has a national ID card and passport/ 

1 hour ago, donmuang37 said:

Unless it has recently changed, Thailand does NOT re-issue birth certificates. My wife lost hers in a fire and cannot get another one.  However, she has a national ID card and passport/ 

My wife obtained a copy of her son's birth certificate.. However, previous OP....