Immigration app claiming overstay after renewal of permission of stay in August.

We completed my extension of permission of stay in August based on marriage and all went through without problem including final stamp after consideration. The report to police date was renewed at the first visit up to mid-Nov. We sent off the report to police at the beginning of Nov. by post. At first, any attempt to login to the immigration app claimed overstay beyond the (already renewed) date. At this time, the over stay menu remains and there has been no post returning the report to police application. Obviously, the status is alarming and we think the problem is in lacking of a correct link to updated data. Has anyone had this experience? Any response is much appreciated.

Are you referring to the 90 day reporting system? Or something else?

If it's the 90 day system it's notorious for not recording postal and in-person reports with any accuracy. Have you received back your report notification?

That problem depends upon the online reporting system that the office you are reporting to is using. 

Which immigration office are you reporting to?

If you look at the long pinned topic about online reporting you will find many recent postw about the problem. https://aseannow.com/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/

Thanks all for the immediate responses. We renew in CW and the police reporting is MT.

The real concern is the immigration app showing that I am in overstay with the correct passport number subsequent to the renewal in August.

The delay in the return of the posted report to police is less a concern if at all. However, I have not seen anyone claiming the same problem with the immigration app. I will read the link content shortly and Thank you Ubon Joe for this and your past responses that I have oft taken heed of.

7 minutes ago, SDRUK said:

, I have not seen anyone claiming the same problem with the immigration app.

The system is hit and miss at best.

BTW you mention police report is slightly confusing.

Regarding postal reporting I assume that you used the correct address and return envelope etc.

I recently did mine. Post 15 days prior due date and received back the receipt 2 weeks after due date so 4 weeks total.

Screenshot_20211118-120306.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, SDRUK said:

The real concern is the immigration app showing that I am in overstay with the correct passport number subsequent to the renewal in August.

That is nothing to worry about. It means nothing other that not being able to do the report online or on the app.

Many people have had the same error.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is nothing to worry about. It means nothing other that not being able to do the report online or on the app.

Many people have had the same error.

But it is frustrating, especially when you have to go in person and ask them about it and they just roll their eyes and cannot give you an answer. How many more months, if ever, will they take to fix this?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

But it is frustrating, especially when you have to go in person and ask them about it and they just roll their eyes and cannot give you an answer. How many more months, if ever, will they take to fix this?

When I did my extension August I was concerned about doing a report in September.

The app still showed my old stay date on the popup message but did not say I was on overstay (status normal on it). I was able to do my report and changed the stay date on it to one year later. Then after doing the report and getting instant approval the popup showed my new stay date.

If you go back to September 4th on the pinned topic you will see a report a I did about it with screen shots of the popups before and after.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When I did my extension August I was concerned about doing a report in September.

The app still showed my old stay date on the popup message but did not say I was on overstay (status normal on it). I was able to do my report and changed the stay date on it to one year later. Then after doing the report and getting instant approval the popup showed my new stay date.

If you go back to September 4th on the pinned topic you will see a report a I did about it with screen shots of the popups before and after.

But you cannot do 90 day online report with the overstay in the database, I did my extension in June, it was saying overstay before and still does, .so online does not work

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

But you cannot do 90 day online report with the overstay in the database, I did my extension in June, it was saying overstay before and still does, .so online does not work

It certainly worked for me and the stay date changed to the correct date after I did the report with my new date on it.

It is only a problem at some offices that are using a different system.

I have the same issue. I did my marriage extension in CW in February and ever since then, the app shows me on overstay. I went to CW and asked and they said there is nothing they can do as the app was outsourced. They also said not to worry as the stamps in my passport were all good and I was ok in their system.

The only annoying thing was that I had been doing 90 day reports online (via a browser) and it was great. Now I have to post it in which is fine but more annoying. I'm hoping in January when I do my next extension, it will reset. 

Have never been able to do 90 day reports on the app. Always use the Immigration website on my PC and apart from when it was upgraded at the beginning of this year it has always worked. The only app that has worked for me (Jomtien) is QueQ for my August extension appointment. There has never for me been a link between 90 day reports and extensions ie no resetting after extension granted.

Edited by chilly07

This issue had me a little worried when I tried to do a 90 day report a few weeks after my last extension. Online wouldn’t work so had to go into Ubon, where the guy fiddled with his keyboard and told me “ok now”. Got home and checked, not ok....still supposedly on over stay ! And now I am up to 172 days overstay ???? 

FC1B0651-765E-48A3-8070-45AAA3AA4863.jpeg

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

This issue had me a little worried when I tried to do a 90 day report a few weeks after my last extension. Online wouldn’t work so had to go into Ubon, where the guy fiddled with his keyboard and told me “ok now”. Got home and checked, not ok....still supposedly on over stay ! And now I am up to 172 days overstay ???? 

Have you tried to do a 90 day report since you went to immigration? The wrong date might not affect doing the report after they did something to fix it.

MIne showed the old date until after I did a report and it then it changed to the correct date I entered when doing the report. Mine did not say I was on a overstay.

After doing my 90-day reports online for years, this last time I tried I couldn't get beyond the first page of the web site and the phone app told me (incorrectly) I was on overstay. 

Don't worry.  It's the app, and Thai Immigration knows about the problem.  You'll just need to do the 90-day report in person.  A pain in the butt, but not the end of the world.

• Like 2

I also have this Issue since I renewed my extension of stay, and I asked the officer last time I did 90 day report and showed my phone stating overstay, and she said, "Yes, broken, system not connect. Next time in January can do online." I asked if she was sure and se said se was sure. Im skeptical.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

It certainly worked for me and the stay date changed to the correct date after I did the report with my new date on it.

It is only a problem at some offices that are using a different system.

I did my 90 day online after renewal of stay but before permission expiry date ,all good. The app showed normal up to expiry date,then app showed new extension date, following this the app showed I was on overstay, reporting at CW

Edited by norbra

Cambodian household employee   shows as on overstay and this has not changed after 3 consecutive 90 day reports.

He did have to avail of the amnesty early in 2020 so was technically on overstay for several months until Labor Ministry & Immigration got their act together but that was long since resolved and visa extension obtained. But still shows overstay in the app.

3 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

After you had done the reporting at MTT.

The overstay status in app will be updated to normal.

Not applicable as I do not  live in Bangkok. Report has been done at the applicable provincial  Imm Office but did not update what shows in the app.