Thai Royal Gazette announces speed limits in special administrative areas, including Bangkok and Pattaya

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

small four-wheel vehicles, and three-wheeled vehicles must not go faster than 45 kilometers per hour.

So these vehicles have to keep at least 15 kmph than trucks  , just how stupid are these people .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

And who will be doing the enforcement.....hahahaha.  They can not even stop and cite the helmetless riders or those riding the wrong way....lets be real.  Rules in Thailand just seem to be toothless threats.

Like everywhere, they exist for the extorted cash pool, less anything practical for the good of the commons. 

2 hours ago, keith101 said:
3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

small four-wheel vehicles, and three-wheeled vehicles must not go faster than 45 kilometers per hour.

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

So these vehicles have to keep at least 15 kmph than trucks  , just how stupid are these people .

No. This is a partial sentence taken out of context. Let's try again with the full sentence.

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Vehicles that are towing another car, small four-wheel vehicles, and three-wheeled vehicles must not go faster than 45 kilometers per hour.

Got it now?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

For driving in the aforementioned areas, trucks weighing more than 2,200 kilograms or passenger trucks carrying more than 15 passengers must not accelerate to more than 60 kilometers per hour. Vehicles that are towing another car, small four-wheel vehicles, and three-wheeled vehicles must not go faster than 45 kilometers per hour.

So a "small 3/4-wheeler" doing 45 in the slow lane is going to get plowed into next week by a truck doing 60?

• Like 1

Motorcycles with power limited to a maximum of 35kW or 400 CC, or “Big Bikes”, must use a speed of not more than 80 kilometers per hour.

That doesn't make sense. If they are limited in power to less than or equal 35kW or 400CC then they are *not* Big Bikes.

I'm with JonnyF. I am not endangering myself by artificially driving slower than everyone else even though I have better brakes and reaction times than 99%+ of others on the road. That would mean to always ride very far on the left because the cars will be constantly overtaking. No way, José.

While we are on the topic of road safety can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell those maniacs in the road department to not scratch up the roads in bends and leave it with deep crevices that make it super dangerous for motorcycles? That practice has sprung up in a few places around Phuket and surrounding provinces I noticed. Absolute insanity.

• Like 2