Travelling in Thailand as unvaccinated resident

Lizzy Duang

11 minutes ago, grain said:

Thais will not see it that way. To them you have either had 2 jabs of vac or you have not. If the latter then you are an unvaccinated alien and a menace. That's just how it is. So as already stated, get vaccinated or stay home.

That can perhaps be changed. But you might just accept the status quo. Which is different, by the way. Thais confirmed that one jab is okay, and foreigners have gone from Chonburi to BKK and checked in hotels without any questions. So it might be good to read more travel experiences than unsolicited advice.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I'd like to travel by train through Thailand

Have you checked the SRT requirements?

I think they require proof of vaccination (via Mor Phrom) or a -72 hr ATK test result (also must be recorded in the Mor Phrom app).

After that maybe best to share when and where you plan to travel, ya know, to get focused "travel experiences".

11 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I am  immunized

Thanks Aaron.

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Have you checked the SRT requirements?

I think they require proof of vaccination (via Mor Phrom) or a -72 hr ATK test result (also must be recorded in the Mor Phrom app).

After that maybe best to share when and where you plan to travel, ya know, to get focused "travel experiences".

On our road bike trip to Nan I had proof of 2 vaccinations on my phone in Thai and English.

One of my buddies had a copy of his Vac certificate.

You could make your travel plans problematic without any proof. 

Take care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ganoga said:

Get a paper from your doctor stating that you had covid, the date you recovered,  and the dates and length of quarrantine. It's good for three months, in place of a vaccine or test.  We're traveling now, my girlfriend is using this same paperwork.

Curious what this "paper" says, and do you have one too? Does it display past test results? Quarantine history? Are you a foreigner? Your GF is thai? How often are you required to show this paper? Are you traveling by train? Airplane?

I'm sure this paper is brilliant but doubt it will pass muster on a train or plane which have firm requirements re: vaccination or testing.

The Mor Phrom app tracks "Recovery" status/history, and displays that. If you've passed those MoPH recovery hurdles then the green radio button would be shown.

Mine is ticked green because I am fully vaxxed.

morphromrecovery.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, Ganoga said:

Get a paper from your doctor stating that you had covid, the date you recovered,  and the dates and length of quarrantine. It's good for three months, in place of a vaccine or test.  We're traveling now, my girlfriend is using this same paperwork. So far it's good in Bangkok, Pattaya, Koh Chang,  Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Okay, that's interesting, esp. because some of those locations are on my list. Natural immunity should be good for years, according to studies - but 3 months are sufficient for traveling.

Also interesting that the Nan traveller was stopped on a bike. This seems to be a lottery, I heard from a biker and one who rented a car that they had no problem to go from Pattaya to Buriram. How is it in buses?

Would be nice to hear concrete examples from train riders. Do they really have to show the app? 3rd class is pretty well ventilated due to open windows, so if they restrict the number of passengers, it should be safe for all.

( I won't comment on the vaccine stuff as that is not my topic here, My opinion about current vaccines will be clear from my comments on those topic somewhere else.)

12 minutes ago, Lizzy Duang said:

Okay, that's interesting, esp. because some of those locations are on my list. Natural immunity should be good for years, according to studies - but 3 months are sufficient for traveling.

Also interesting that the Nan traveller was stopped on a bike. This seems to be a lottery, I heard from a biker and one who rented a car that they had no problem to go from Pattaya to Buriram. How is it in buses?

Would be nice to hear concrete examples from train riders. Do they really have to show the app? 3rd class is pretty well ventilated due to open windows, so if they restrict the number of passengers, it should be safe for all.

( I won't comment on the vaccine stuff as that is not my topic here, My opinion about current vaccines will be clear from my comments on those topic somewhere else.)

In the US as well as some other countries  I am told that  natural immunity  is only good for up to 6 months. Dr's still advise for those that had Covid to get vaccinated. Personal knowledge as former co-worker  had Covid  but Dr still had hin get shot after he had 1 shot and then came down with Covid. He asked  should  coming down with Covid beconsidered a 2nd shot? Was told ,no.

Waiting for Novovax ? Only 1 country has aproved it's use, Indonesia.  It may never be approved for use or acepted as a viable vaccine in any other countries.

Edited by Tony125

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

In the US as well as some other countries  I am told that  natural immunity  is only good for up to 6 months. Dr's still advise for those that had Covid to get vaccinated. Personal knowledge as former co-worker  had Covid  but Dr still had hin get shot after he had 1 shot and then came down with Covid. He asked  should  coming down with Covid beconsidered a 2nd shot? Was told ,no.

That's a different topic. I have made up my mind here and respect others' decisions. I fear that a lot of vaccinated people will have heart disease in the future and will need to be cared for not the least by those who stayed away from mRNA. I am pro vaccine and just got my flu shot, have all the others. I am just not a fan of what is currently offered for Corona but this will change soon. And those who.fear the unvaccinated ... they will have no good argument because either their own vaccine works or the sick will take a pill like Pfizer's in the near future and get over it without blocking ICUs.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I wouldn't say a lottery of road block checks some provinces are strict some are not. 

None leaving Sukhothai and none on the way to Prahe.

Although in Prahe the hotel wanted proof of vaccination.

As for buses I reckon you'd find out trying to buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, Lizzy Duang said:

Is that personal experience because that's what I want here.

Its the requirements to travel by train or plane.

Maybe you can get a fake document or just be smart and get vaccinated.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

Up to 6 times better than with Pfizer. You can google the study.

Here's a newerstudy, need  to keep up with the latest news.

Natural immunity doesn’t protect you as well as the Covid vaccines — here’s why

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/23/should-you-get-vaccinated-if-you-had-covid-natural-immunity-explained.html

It's been said that Dr.s advise a covid vaccine as  you may be immune to the strain that infected you but not the variants that the vaccines  are made to affect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1