Travelling in Thailand as unvaccinated resident

Lizzy Duang

On 11/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, Tony125 said:

I see you didn't bother to read the article that's one of the problems with people who have already made up their minds and don't want to hear conflicting information. The article explains about T cells and  how those who recovered from Covid were 5 times  more likely to catch it again than someone with vax.

Yes, and it contradicts this study which is more convincing to me: https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So while a relatively mild infection may not be enough to stimulate antibody production, a vaccine almost certainly will because that's what it was specifically designed to do

No. You need something beyond the antibodies to fight an already infected cell. "The information we have today indicates that the T cell-mediated response is as or more important than the immunity provided by antibodies."

Your T-cells will remember. 

https://www.clinicbarcelona.org/en/news/can-you-be-protected-against-covid-19-without-antibodies

On 11/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Lizzy Duang said:

I am  immunized due to previous contact with the virus and thus have time to wait for newer vaccines like Novavax. 

What an odd thing to say? "I am  immunized due to previous contact with the virus". What does it mean?

You didn't say you 'caught' Covid or 'infected' by Covid or 'contracted' Covid but you had previous 'contact' with the virus?  ????????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

...YOU DONT NEED ANY VACCINE CERTIFICATE TO USE ANY TRAIN RIGHT NOW...

"RIGHT NOW" is the important part to remember.

Like another poster has mentioned, right now travel to a place of your choice may need no certificate and tomorrow or next week the certificate may be needed for travel to your next destination. These uncertainties and the authority of local bodies down to the village level to change rules at a moment's notice are what makes travel in Thailand so exiting during this COVID period.

Edited by Puccini
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:

What an odd thing to say? "I am  immunized due to previous contact with the virus". What does it mean?

You didn't say you 'caught' Covid or 'infected' by Covid or 'contracted' Covid but you had previous 'contact' with the virus?  ????????

COVID is a disease. I don't want to hang it as high. I had a dry naughty cough that twice significantly took my breath away - but I have COPD, so that's even normal for a flu with me. Ergo symptomatic but rather mild (no fever), over after about 3 days. I infected my mother,she had the same without the two heavy cough attacks. But that's not the point here. It's a shame that there is no way for previously infected to check their immune status by T-cell testing individually. All that testing for recent antibody response is not sufficient or conclusive.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chris.B said:

So you are not sure

I am sure for both. But I can't get the T-Detect test here. And the question is what valid paper I could wring out of a doc with it. The second question is if I could even wait years for a vaccine (and not just months for Novavax) because immune status is still good enough. Research went back 18 months and found natural immunity to be 6 times better than Pfizer. So i guess 3 years after an infection are pretty reasonable but i would like to know precisely.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I am sure for both. But I can't get the T-Detect test here. And the question is what valid paper I could wring out of a doc with it. The second question is if I could even wait years for a vaccine (and not just months for Novavax) because immune status is still good enough. Research went back 18 months and found natural immunity to be 6 times better than Pfizer. So i guess 3 years after an infection are pretty reasonable but i would like to know precisely.

Well best you spend those years in isolation because other people might not be as sure as you say you are.  ????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Well best you spend those years in isolation because other people might not be as sure as you say you are.  

You mean they are not sure of their vaccines? Yes, I get that impression, too. So why did they get a vaccine?

Because the unvaccinated share the same fate. I wear a mask and don't work in an elderly home.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

COVID is a disease. I don't want to hang it as high. I had a dry naughty cough that twice significantly took my breath away - but I have COPD, so that's even normal for a flu with me. Ergo symptomatic but rather mild (no fever), over after about 3 days. I infected my mother,she had the same without the two heavy cough attacks. But that's not the point here. It's a shame that there is no way for previously infected to check their immune status by T-cell testing individually. All that testing for recent antibody response is not sufficient or conclusive.

I’ve read that twice.

Nothing you say confirms you have had a COVID infection.

Did you get a diagnosis/test confirming COVID or are you assuming COVID without a confirmed diagnosis/test?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you get a diagnosis/

Yes but that's not really the topic here. It was somehow changed by some users. A typical problem of Forums. There is a question and the topic needs to become personal. Not really interesting. I don't blame anyone for getting vaccinated. I understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:15 AM, animalmagic said:

How can you say 'unsolicited advice' when you posted on a public forum looking for advice?

Oh <deleted>, you are on page 1 of the topic. Scroll up and notice the original, short, clear post asked:

"I'd like to travel by train through Thailand. Any recent experiences? I don't want to get entangled in PCR tests and quarantine. Can it be avoided in certain provinces? "

And she promptly received what looks like unsolicited advice about "getting vaccination or stay home".

On 11/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, jackdd said:

Get vaccinated or stay home.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, grain said:

That's just how it is. So as already stated, get vaccinated or stay home.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, MrJ2U said:

Why the hell would you be traveling around unvaccinated?

When a persons asks about Topic X on a forum, giving "advice" on Topic Y is unsolicited advice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Danderman123 said:

What does that mean? 

Are you one of those Farangs who claim they got Covid in early 2020?

Oh please. There's a daily running count of new and cumulative daily Covid infections in Thailand on this very forum. You used to post on it ad infinitum, remember?

Plenty of people have been infected, especially since April. Do the math.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1