Lessons learned from Pattaya Immigration & Non-O (Family visa)

3 minutes ago, bbko said:

there's no mention of joint vs single bank account and no mention of the photos needing to be one photo per each 8x11/A4 sheet of paper.  So a word of warning for those wishing to apply for a family visa through the Pattaya IO, their own checklist does not give out complete information.

The joint account has been a thing for  as long as I know..but the photos are a new one on me..last time I handed her  a stack of  printed at the photo shop photos and said  you choose I'm not sure which ones you would like..she chose 4 and told me to stick them on 2  A4 sheets of paper and then go make copies at the machine, there is one near the entrance but that had a long queue so I went outside to the shop right there in the car park to make the copies..I did notice that there was a new I/O at the desk 6 last time I was in there for 90 day report...and just as I thought it was safe I saw the "old/usual"  I/O  walk down from the upstairs department   :w00t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

A bank account in the applicants name only has always been the rule since way back.

Joint account has never been allowed.

I just wish it was mentioned on their checklist (as well as the photo sizes) and I could have easily met the requirement without having to spend 1900b for a 2 month "covid" extension when it could have covered the entire year.   In all the TV/AseanNow posts and other sources I've seen, when it came to the financial requirements; the 400k, the 2 month deposit, the bank statement letter, the same day book updates were mentioned left and right, but never the joint vs single bank account, oh well, we live we learn. 

15 hours ago, bbko said:

I just wish it was mentioned on their checklist (as well as the photo sizes) and I could have easily met the requirement without having to spend 1900b for a 2 month "covid" extension when it could have covered the entire year.   In all the TV/AseanNow posts and other sources I've seen, when it came to the financial requirements; the 400k, the 2 month deposit, the bank statement letter, the same day book updates were mentioned left and right, but never the joint vs single bank account, oh well, we live we learn. 

the need for the funds to be in an account in your name only, and not a joint account, have been mentioned time and time again in this forum over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bbko said:

I just wish it was mentioned on their checklist (as well as the photo sizes) and I could have easily met the requirement without having to spend 1900b for a 2 month "covid" extension when it could have covered the entire year.

This in clause 2.18 of immigration order does not state it but it is clear why it has to be in your name only.

"(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

• Like 1

Not sure maybe UJoe, can clarify, I don't use the Marriage route too much trouble I use the lump sum route (800,000)  been using this book for a number of years and it is joint but there is much more than needed for joint minimum 1,600,000. Maybe Marriage you can up the amount another 400,000 baht?????

On 11/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, johng said:

last time I handed her  a stack of  printed at the photo shop photos and said  you choose I'm not sure which ones you would like..she chose 4 and told me to stick them on 2  A4 sheets of paper and then go make copies at the machine,

My experience too at Kalasin, except we didn't need to photocopy. I can't see the point of that, unless you had to submit double everything, which some offices ask for. Kalasin doesn't. The OP fell victim to the usual IO deciding her own rules re the photos. Perfectly normal.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 12:45 PM, bbko said:

This kind of ticked me off because in their checklist that I picked up from that very same desk there's no mention of joint vs single bank account...

To my knowledge joint accounts have never been allowed, as it's only you that apply for extension of stay, you wife are supposed to be Thai citizen. However, some immigration offices might accept joined accounts, but then the account need to hold 800k baht instead of 400k baht, as half the money belongs to the other name in the joined account...????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a heads up the information posted is fine, as a complaint it's ludicrous 

The I/O at the desk does not sign off your application it goes to a higher level, this in effect makes them your government appointed 'agent' with the task of making sure your application goes through ok - cost 1900 baht 

If the OP had paid an agent ,10k+ baht the view on and the same points highlighted would have been 'well spotted' thanks ????

Have been doing the one photo per a4 and non joint account for 8 yrs for the nice lady at the family desk at Jomtien. Must be confusing to swap between retirement and family extensions. And now they are using QueQ there is no waiting outside or inside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 473geo said:

As a heads up the information posted is fine, as a complaint it's ludicrous 

The I/O at the desk does not sign off your application it goes to a higher level, this in effect makes them your government appointed 'agent' with the task of making sure your application goes through ok - cost 1900 baht 

If the OP had paid an agent ,10k+ baht the view on and the same points highlighted would have been 'well spotted' thanks ????

Agents tend not to like doing family extensions because the upward refererral to HQ dilutes the fee

6 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Bank thing is normal.

But photo size, just childish of them.

Thailand the Hub of childish bureaucratic behavior.

Thailand -4.0

I did try putting all 4 photos on one a4 but they told me off and I had to give them 1 per page. I think it is because they want each photo signed at bottom right corner to go with their stamp

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

When i do my marriage visa this year how long before my visit can i get our kor ror 22? Is it 2 weeks or can it be a bit longer,? 

I always get the kor ror a couple of days before to be safe but on the odd occasion have forgotten and used one a year old which no one spotted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

I did try putting all 4 photos on one a4 but they told me off and I had to give them 1 per page. I think it is because they want each photo signed at bottom right corner to go with their stamp

No.

It's because they are childish and OTT, bureaucratic.

The boss at immigration offices gets to make there own rules up, What a joke that is. and shows me the true Thailand.

Same for many other government offices in Thailand.

They all need to grow up. Little babies.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2021 at 6:45 PM, bbko said:

2) The 3x5 inch photos I submitted (on photo paper) weren't good enough for her, she then shows me other applicant's photos and they're huge, one photo per each A4 sheet of paper.

I got just told to bring 2 INCH photos, nothing bigger, this is for bangkok!

I can only shake my head... 

Edited by ThomasThBKK

33 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I got just told to bring 2 INCH photos, nothing bigger, this is for bangkok!

He was writing about the photos in and around the house needed for extension of stay based upon marriage.

The TM7 form states a 4 x 6 cm photo is needed. But a 2 inch photo is close enough.