Required length of insurance?

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What is less clear is whether one can do this (have insurance for less than the period one can be stamped in for) without having proof of a return flight.

There was a post about a week ago from someone that had COE rejected. In the rejection email there was a statement to the effect that in the absence of a return ticket at least 90 days of insurance was required.

The reality is the question of insurance is dealt with before reaching immigration, the man with stamp does not ask to see any more than he has always done. The stamp will be based on what the IO has in front of him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

There was a post about a week ago from someone that had COE rejected. In the rejection email there was a statement to the effect that in the absence of a return ticket at least 90 days of insurance was required.

The reality is the question of insurance is dealt with before reaching immigration, the man with stamp does not ask to see any more than he has always done. The stamp will be based on what the IO has in front of him.

I assume you mean TP not COE?

What sort of visa did this person have? Tourist, STV, Non O, re-entry permit etc? Would be very useful to know.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I assume you mean TP not COE?

What sort of visa did this person have? Tourist, STV, Non O, re-entry permit etc? Would be very useful to know.

Managed to find the thread -  https://aseannow.com/topic/1240732-thailand-pass-requires-return-flights/

You will have to read the thread, comments by @eisfeld. Looks like a re-entry permit for a Non B but I didn't see if COE or TP.

40 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You will have to read the thread, comments by @eisfeld. Looks like a re-entry permit for a Non B but I didn't see if COE or TP.

He said he had non-b visa issued by the official consulate in Munich.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He said he had non-b visa issued by the official consulate in Munich.

Good to know. So it sounds like for people with visas/extensions of stay allowing them to be stamped in for up to a year,  they want to see at least 90 days insurance or else onward booking if less. Makes sense.

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Good to know. So it sounds like for people with visas/extensions of stay allowing them to be stamped in for up to a year,  they want to see at least 90 days insurance or else onward booking if less. Makes sense.

That post referred to was from one consulate.

I have not seen any clearly stated guidelines about required insurance apart from the often referred to "for the duration of stay".

Along with various reports that often show contradictions. Especially for period of insurance and how long someone is stamped in for. Especially for folk with reentry permits, non O-A etc etc.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That post referred to was from one consulate.

I have not seen any clearly stated guidelines about required insurance apart from the often referred to "for the duration of stay".

Along with various reports that often show contradictions. Especially for period of insurance and how long someone is stamped in for. Especially for folk with reentry permits, non O-A etc etc.

Not to mention Thailand Elite.

There are no guidelines. All we can go by is firsthand reports.

People eligible to be stamped in for many months or a year do seem, from what I have seen, to be able to get the pass with less than the full duration of insurance. I have seen such reports from more than one location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I stated he was issued non-b visa that allows a 90 day permit to stay.

It is the same for a non-o visa issued for retirement.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I stated he was issued non-b visa that allows a 90 day permit to stay.

It is the same for a non-o visa issued for retirement.

And the insurance requirements for someone entering thailand with reentry permit with eg 11 months validity would be....?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

People eligible to be stamped in for many months or a year do seem, from what I have seen, to be able to get the pass with less than the full duration of insurance. I have seen such reports from more than one location.

But isn't the question whether you want to risk TP rejection because your insurance does not cover the remaining time of your visa/extension? I'll be three and a half months away from my due date for extension when I fly to Thailand in January. Faced with the choice of insurance for 3 months or insurance for 6 months (insurances usually go in 3-month spans), I think I'll go for the latter.

7 hours ago, JackGats said:

But isn't the question whether you want to risk TP rejection because your insurance does not cover the remaining time of your visa/extension?

I have seen no reports of anybody being rejected for not having the insurance for there enter length of stay.

I'll be three and a half months away from my due date for extension when I fly to Thailand in January. Faced with the choice of insurance for 3 months or insurance for 6 months (insurances usually go in 3-month spans), I think I'll go for the latter.

There are companies that will do the insurance for 30, 60, 90, 180 days and after that one year.

See: https://covid19.tgia.org/

But isn't the question whether you want to risk TP rejection because your insurance does not cover the remaining time of your visa/extension?

You don't have to upload your visa/extension, thus they won't reject you for it.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

You don't have to upload your visa/extension, thus they won't reject you for it.

I see. Another thing I don't have to upload! Coming from the CEO process, I took it for granted uploading the visa/extension was a must. 

I hope the system can handle the J&J vaccination (1 dose only). Luckily the EU certificate has only one QR code regardless of the number of jabs.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

And the insurance requirements for someone entering thailand with reentry permit with eg 11 months validity would be....?

I left Thailand 3 days ago going to the UK . I have a retirement extension running for another 9 months. I left with a re-entry permit .  I asked the IO the following .

If I return to Thailand for 2 weeks with a return flight ticket , plus health insurance for the 2 weeks but decide to stay beyond the 2 weeks as I have the duration on my visa extension , would that be OK as my insurance would have expired .   He replied , no problem Sir , just see the local immigration office to renew your visa when it finishes in 9 months and no insurance is not a problem .

1 hour ago, superal said:

I left Thailand 3 days ago going to the UK . I have a retirement extension running for another 9 months. I left with a re-entry permit .  I asked the IO the following .

If I return to Thailand for 2 weeks with a return flight ticket , plus health insurance for the 2 weeks but decide to stay beyond the 2 weeks as I have the duration on my visa extension , would that be OK as my insurance would have expired .   He replied , no problem Sir , just see the local immigration office to renew your visa when it finishes in 9 months and no insurance is not a problem .

Thanks for the report.

I'm hoping the forum receives reports on going especially first hand experiences re returning to Thailand with various situations. 

Meaning reentry permits along with non O and non O-A etc etc..

The notion that anyone returning with many months left on current POS and requiring insurance to cover that period is dumber than dumb. 

In your example the ridiculous throw away onward flight is even more ludicrous.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for the report.

I'm hoping the forum receives reports on going especially first hand experiences re returning to Thailand with various situations. 

Meaning reentry permits along with non O and non O-A etc etc..

The notion that anyone returning with many months left on current POS and requiring insurance to cover that period is dumber than dumb. 

In your example the ridiculous throw away onward flight is even more ludicrous.

Agreed but of course if the regime or insurers gain cannot mean it may not be applied by a few, some, majority or all imigration points.

This is why we need real experience posts

At present International flights into HKT  CNX CEI BKK ,HDY there may be more with airside Thai International transfers?

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Im bumping this to keep updates of first hand experience returning to Thailand. 

Several current reports in various threads where folk have entered with reentry permit and stamped in according to that date. Regardless of length of insurance. 

Also one entering with PE visa stamped in for year. Can't recall insurance period but was minimal.

• Like 1