Theft

blueeyes

19 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Cant believe it my best m8 in Thailand just came how to find all the windows open and everything gone!

I don't think burglars and thieves make any distinction between m3, m8, m47 or any other m number when selecting their targets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Even in my condo their are cameras installed in all corridors and the lifts by the Juristic overlords.  I have even added a ring style door camera and have cameras within the condo which we activate when we leave.

At my house in Udon Thani, we had to install cameras outside of the house as well because we had things taken from outside.  Ended up building a 2 1/2 meter wall around the perimeter and adding a tall motorized gate with a camera on a pole near it.  Still did not stop thieves.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

Once again proving that some people at best fleetingly read the title almost zero of the OP content and use every thread possible as an excuse not to discuss the topic but just rabbit on about themselves ad nauseum. Oh and comedy, irony and or sarcasm rarely translate well ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Puccini said:

I don't think burglars and thieves make any distinction between m3, m8, m47 or any other m number when selecting their targets.

Unless they are trying to figure out which spanners to bring to get the nuts off the window guards. Boom boom

• Like 1

19 hours ago, starky said:

Once again proving that some people at best fleetingly read the title almost zero of the OP content and use every thread possible as an excuse not to discuss the topic but just rabbit on about themselves ad nauseum. Oh and comedy, irony and or sarcasm rarely translate well ???? 

It is probably the advent of non Christmas believers that cause this!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Oh well guess we might as well Join them fanglass----:

I've got a Scouse advent calendar; all the windows are boarded up and there's a burnt out car outside.

I've just purchased an advent calender from the local 'Shelter' charity shop. I opened the first window and it was full of squatters.

Advent calenders are losing their popularity.------------- I think their days are numbered...

I've shuttered mine for the season while I wait for a window of opportunity to open!

• Haha 1

Ok so for those who saw the funny side of my tongue in cheek post well done, for those that didn't I will explain!

In UK and many other countries we have what is known as advent calendars,  we open a little square which is supposed to resemble a window each day to find a little chocolate inside and you are supposed to open only one each day starting on 1st December, finishing on 25th Dec whereupon you might find a larger chocolate. So now go back and read the post and understand my warped sense of humour.  (the one below only has 24 windows usually its 25)

38624421_1.jpg

Edited by blueeyes
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:53 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Even in my condo their are cameras installed in all corridors and the lifts by the Juristic overlords.  I have even added a ring style door camera and have cameras within the condo which we activate when we leave.

At my house in Udon Thani, we had to install cameras outside of the house as well because we had things taken from outside.  Ended up building a 2 1/2 meter wall around the perimeter and adding a tall motorized gate with a camera on a pole near it.  Still did not stop thieves.

Just have a dog or two. Much cheaper

On 12/3/2021 at 2:04 AM, fangless said:

I've shuttered mine for the season while I wait for a window of opportunity to open!

Thats more like it that was the type of comment I was looking forward to. 

On 12/3/2021 at 2:04 AM, fangless said:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Oh I see perhaps I should get some cameras to surround my advent calendar and a dog in each window, that should stop them don't you agree.

How much would the doggies in the windows cost? 

PS;  Bill Gates has some left over from when he binned "Microsoft Clippie"

We had a friend and his wife return to their future home in Thailand. Udon Thani, if that matters. The house was completely picked clean. They came to find out her daughter and boyfriend were druggies and, of course, didn't work. And they needed money for drugs, of course.

I heard about it through my wife through his wife.

This guy used to talk about Thailand all of the time. He'd lived there for a few years after the 2008 crash. After that incident three years ago, he hasn't mentioned Thailand once. Now they have their own home here and I get the impression they may not move to Thailand in the future.