Prices of Land in Issan

6 hours ago, Adumbration said:

EVERYONE farms chanote titled land.

That is how they avoid property tax.

You've confused me.

It is to be stated that there is no general annual property tax in Thailand, but if individual owners rent out or put their property to commercial use, housing and rent tax is imposed at the rate of 12.5% yearly. However, no general property taxes imposed by the government in Thailand is a piece of good news for many.

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It seems the same wealthy family and friends of, are looking to buy a lot more in what they see as prime land and investment opportunities and obviously see a market in the future for people retreating to Isaan.

For what it's worth, wife I and wanted to pop into our Global House out here in Issan this weekend, just for a few things. Man, the parking lot was completely full. Cars double parked and out in the street. I've never seen it like that in years. Trucks laden with material. What's going on?

My thoughts immediately went to those with the cash cleaning up on land deals to be had, buying from desperate people, followed now by a fury of development on said land.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nutty prices

Hence why people are prepared to pay money in buying Sor Por Kor land.

Sor Por Kor land plots cannot be sold or transferred to non-farmers or used for other activities besides farming. They can, however, be inherited by the next of kin of the original recipients.Sep 8, 2562 BE

You pays yer money. You takes yer chance.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

For what it's worth, wife I and wanted to pop into our Global House out here in Issan this weekend, just for a few things. Man, the parking lot was completely full. Cars double parked and out in the street. I've never seen it like that in years. Trucks laden with material. What's going on?

My thoughts immediately went to those with the cash cleaning up on land deals to be had, buying from desperate people, followed now by a fury of development on said land.

That's exactly what is going on.  And it is not by accident.  It was the plan from day one and the opportunity to further devastate the finances of workaday Thais with lockdowns has been a massive cherry on top.

Edited by Adumbration

On 12/4/2021 at 9:59 PM, ehs818 said:

His asking price, plus his comment about raising the price if it doesn't sell this year up to 500,000 tells you all you need to know about this guy. Ask him just who he thinks will buy it next year for more money, since there will be no great return of tourists coming. Off him 200,000 and settle on 300,000. If not accepted, just move on. Forget that greedy fool.

I've encountered people here in US, that will raise their price, after not selling at the original price. Never made sense to me... if you can't sell @original price, why would someone think they can sell at a higher price. However is rather common idea of sellers.

• 6 months later...

Not Issan, but ballpark idea, how land price fluctuate within 1 km of each other.

2015 bought lot (1/4 rai/100tw/400m²) for ฿76k (150m from main rd, needs

electric & water) Not paved road to land, but no issue and already had stone laid. 

7 yrs on, and no problem getting to lot, w/2WD, and no upgrade to road since.

Electric, first 140m line free, haven't got the price yet, but expect it to be free

Water was expensive, but quality 'city' line @ ฿50k, of which, any addition houses

and we'll be reimbursed, partially from new owners.  One lot beyond us, was 

told have to give us ฿25k, before they'll extend to his lot.

Small 'road' and maybe 8 lots on it.  One selling for 500k (1/4 rai/100tw/400m²)

Just bought adjacent lot (1/4 rai) for ฿260k yesterday, outrageous ????

Since ampher assessment is < ฿100k, but buyer knew we were motivated

buyers, since there already.  Negotiations started at ฿330k

For my sanity, average the 2 lots, and only ฿168k each ???? Quite acceptable now.

Lots (1/4 rai) less than 1/2 km away, across main rd, also starting (fixed) @ ฿550 & UP 

Probably amphur land office assess @ < ฿100k .... talking 2 mil a rai, that's silly, as still

about 5 kms from the surf.   1 mil a rai was silly, as 5 yrs ago, about ฿400k a rai.

Probably can still find, a couple more kms inland, west, for about ฿600k a rai.

Probably assessed at 300-400k

Location location location, and worth what someone will pay.