New requirement for UK travelers to get negative lateral flow or PCR test 48 hours before return to UK

This has just been introduced. I am due back to the UK on the 31st Dec. Any idea if these are easy to obtain in Bangkok? I will be staying near the Rajamangala Stadium.

I am due to go to Thailand on Wednesday 8th Dec - I am just praying Thailand won't introduce anything new rules.

Must be loads of places in Chiang Rai, Kasemrad Sriburin Hospital do them. I had planned to get mine done there, and confirmed by phone with them, but got it done in Chiang Saen instead as it was no doubt less busy. Test one day, and pick up result by 10am the net day (PCR) but you should always check and make clear to them when you need the result by. Also seemed less hassle than getting it done in Bangkok.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Anywhere can do in C Rai please.

I plan fly with only 2hr transit on Thai  to London so will need to do local.

I have had 2 vax but still not received a cert is it required?

Did you download the mor phrom app and register?  You’ll find a digital vax certificate on that app.

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Total madness now, if a UK person wants a holiday in Thailand, you are now looking at FOUR  pcr tests.

On my recent trip to the UK I had to have 7 PCR tests.

Why not complain about things improving?

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Mucked up my departure ...this Wednesday to uk..but KLM changed my flight so...now its Sunday.(with Thanks)...Been avoiding the "punji sticks" nose job but now cant avoid it ..Will try for an antigen test on Thursday..in CM...Roll on next year...????‍♀️

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Total madness now, if a UK person wants a holiday in Thailand, you are now looking at FOUR  pcr tests. For argument sake call them £80 each, or £320 a holiday for one person in tests alone. Taking a family of four away is now somewhere in the region £1280 just for the PCR tests ! I doubt many of us know people willing to add an extra £1280 for a family holiday. 

Governments of the world are completely destroying the travel industry again now, just as it was starting to get off its needs. 

That is why this pandemic shall go on .... as the world is  too much interconnected , and even flying  to international  football matches became a common thing , is like pumping water out of a basement while pipe still broken and flushing water 

Tourism is so killing his own industry 

3 hours ago, Rinrada said:

Mucked up my departure ...this Wednesday to uk..but KLM changed my flight so...now its Sunday.(with Thanks)...Been avoiding the "punji sticks" nose job but now cant avoid it ..Will try for an antigen test on Thursday..in CM...Roll on next year...????‍♀️

the sad thing is to make all those tests and requirements  you have mix anyway to other people and risk  even just simple become infected , especially with this new very infectious Omicron variant ,by going or coming ......

.same problem shall be mine in 3 th quarter 2022 leaving Thailand returning  home country for good , worried already ????

Edited by david555

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Total madness now, if a UK person wants a holiday in Thailand, you are now looking at FOUR  pcr tests. For argument sake call them £80 each, or £320 a holiday for one person in tests alone. Taking a family of four away is now somewhere in the region £1280 just for the PCR tests ! I doubt many of us know people willing to add an extra £1280 for a family holiday. 

Governments of the world are completely destroying the travel industry again now, just as it was starting to get off its needs. 

Trying to keep up to date with vaccine requirements is not too easy in an ever changing rules saga .

So what is the rule , vaccine wise , for a returning double jabbed farang  please ?

13 minutes ago, superal said:

Trying to keep up to date with vaccine requirements is not too easy in an ever changing rules saga .

So what is the rule , vaccine wise , for a returning double jabbed farang  please ?

From 04:00 GMT on Tuesday ( ie 11-00 am Thai Time "pron nee") travellers aged 12 and over will be required to show proof of a Negative PCR or lateral flow test taken no earlier than 48 hours before departure.( flight or check in....mai ko jai..?) Health Secretary said the measures were temporary.

Edited by Rinrada
time
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

From 04:00 GMT on Tuesday ( ie 11-00 am Thai Time "pron nee") travellers aged 12 and over will be required to show proof of a Negative PCR or lateral flow test taken no earlier than 48 hours before departure.( flight or check in....mai ko jai..?) Health Secretary said the measures were temporary.

Thanks for the info . 48 hours ? no room for errors or contingencies . So if you test positive you will lose your flight unless the airline will allow a date change ? 

19 minutes ago, superal said:

Everything you need to know, for England at least (there are other sites for the other lot), is here;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Everything you need to know, for England at least (there are other sites for the other lot), is here;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Sorry pal , I should have made it clearer , I was asking the rules for a farang expat , returning to Thailand long term .

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

About everything you need to know can be found on the Thailand Pass site. https://tp.consular.go.th/

Below is an extract from the link that you gave and it says 72 hours , not 48 hours before travelling 

Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before travelling

17 minutes ago, superal said:

Below is an extract from the link that you gave and it says 72 hours , not 48 hours before travelling 

Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before travelling

That is what is required to enter Thailand.

The 48 hours is for transiting through some countries.

• Thanks 1