In search of crumpet

dick turpin

Oh! I'm sorry that I don't know where to get it but surely wish to know as well. Used to buy them each time I passed by Australia or UK, or asked anyone coming to Thailand from there... But no idea where to get them in Thailand. My darn Aussie ex boss made me addicted to them ????

4 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Oh! I'm sorry that I don't know where to get it but surely wish to know as well. Used to buy them each time I passed by Australia or UK, or asked anyone coming to Thailand from there... But no idea where to get them in Thailand. My darn Aussie ex boss made me addicted to them ????

None of the crumpets  ive purchased locally compare to Aus crumpets.

Ive tried all that have been mentioned in the thread and yeah, every time much disappoint.

I now make my own and they are pretty decent.

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/baking/articles/make-crumpets/hgupmqnh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

The Pantry, The Grocers, Expat Foods, Siamburys. All in Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

None of the crumpets  ive purchased locally compare to Aus crumpets.

Ive tried all that have been mentioned in the thread and yeah, every time much disappoint.

I now make my own and they are pretty decent.

https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/baking/articles/make-crumpets/hgupmqnh

Will absolutely give this a try. Thank you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

Not 100% certain but maybe give Villa a try,,,,,
Sukuhumvit Soi 11 and 33 Bangkok

They don't have them. Don't know if they ever did, but at least for past many years, they never stocked them.

This is what they have in bread section (Sukhumvit 33, but you can change to any other branch top right): https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Bakery/Bread/All

https://shop.villamarket.com/catalog/Frozen Food/Pastries & Bread/All

In frozen bread section the even have Warburtons, but only "Toasting Muffins" from them: https://shop.villamarket.com/product/228048

Edited by tomazbodner

Siamburi's at the top end of Soi Khao Talo has just had a fresh delivery of Warburton's crumpets. The locally produced versions don't have the right dough structure to work well as a crumpet, the butter must be able to soak through completely. I love a toasted crumpet with lashings of butter and a spoonful of honey ro strawberry jam. BTW, Siamburi's also has NZ salted butter on sale very cheap, ideal to go with a crumpet.

warburtons-crumpets-6pk.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Siamburi's at the top end of Soi Khao Talo has just had a fresh delivery of Warburton's crumpets. The locally produced versions don't have the right dough structure to work well as a crumpet, the butter must be able to soak through completely. I love a toasted crumpet with lashings of butter and a spoonful of honey ro strawberry jam. BTW, Siamburi's also has NZ salted butter on sale very cheap, ideal to go with a crumpet.

Got a horrible feeling am going to start a run on crumpets before I even get there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Thanks for the response guys, hoping for an outlet with a more central location

as staying at the Dolphin end of Beach Road, but Siamburys seems the best bet. 

Indeed, used to get from Villa, but no longer seem to stock. 

Siam Expat Food shop on Siam Country Club road is probably closer to your location near the Dolphin.  Last time I was there I saw Warburtons on sale.

3 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Got a horrible feeling am going to start a run on crumpets before I even get there.

You're not wrong there. Now, if only Warbies tater cakes were available. I miss them more than their crumpets.

If Warbies opened a shop in Pattaya with endless supplies of crumpets, tater cakes, Soreen malt loaf and Greenhalgh's pies and puddings they would make another fortune.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yummy, my favourite breakfast is a hot buttered crumpet..... or 3, but I enhanced my sin by adding pate. Someone persuaded me that was far too bad for me, so I started using Asda hommus, of all things!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1