Bristol dad 'fuming' after Boots loses his PCR test before flight to Thailand

webfact

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

With the critical thought and eloquence you have exampled would you consider that you have clearly placed yourself at the ‘brilliance’ end of the inteiigence spectrum ??? :whistling:

Does it really matter. I had a quick read and could have listed all the reasons why he could have avoided this situation. When travelling abroad at this time especially to Thailand you have to know what you are doing and be ready to react if something goes amiss. This guy clearly did not have a clue and regretfully I have come to the same conclusion that he is an idiot. There you go Richard I have wasted more time replying to your comment than I would have if I had the energy to do to the original post last night. Yawn yawn

12 hours ago, sambum said:

The more I look at the Covid stories I think someone is making an awful lot of money out of a human catastrophe.

Why are all these tests, RT- PCR, COE, lateral flow, certificates to fly, Thailand Pass etc etc etc not free of charge? 

You almost need a Degree in Communications to understand the requirements, and with TAT being so desperate to boost their figures, I'm surprised they are not offering to pay for correctly filled in documentation! ????   

The OP was about a test in the UK, but of course it has to be turned against Thailand.

19 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

I was wondering how long it would take before the blame would be shifted onto Thailand. 

incredible.

The OP should be fully compensated. The UK is not a third world Banana Republic unlike Thailand.

15 hours ago, sambum said:

The more I look at the Covid stories I think someone is making an awful lot of money out of a human catastrophe.

Why are all these tests, RT- PCR, COE, lateral flow, certificates to fly, Thailand Pass etc etc etc not free of charge? 

You almost need a Degree in Communications to understand the requirements, and with TAT being so desperate to boost their figures, I'm surprised they are not offering to pay for correctly filled in documentation! ????   

Actually, it's only the RT-PCR test you pay for, Thailand Pass is free as was the COE and as are all Lateral Flow test issued by the UK. Unfortunately, not only are countries asking for negative RT-PCR test to enter but most airlines are requiring same before boarding. That said, I do agree there are a lot of companies making serious money from people willing to pay to travel whether business or leisure, but prices are dropping as more and more providers pop up. Last year £225 now £69. Still a broken system because of all the counterfeits with no way of checking if real of false by airport staff which makes a mockery of the entire thing. It’s only the fear of turning up in Thailand, as an example, and failing the RT-PCR test on arrival and having to spend 10-14 days in hospital, possibly at your own expense that keeps the majority doing the tests properly. Don’t think it will take long though for travellers to do their own lateral flow at home for nothing and then get a micky mouse certificate on-line!! This morning SKY news reported 9 European countries advertising on social media offering fake Covid Vaccination Certificates for travel by anyone unwilling to get vaccinated!! Just another supply and demand scenario which seems to have no legislation or willingness to stop them by the social media giants. Just proves the lure of travel is by no means dead!!!

18 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Never mind insurance or any small print, Boots were 100% to blame and should therefore be made to compensate the OP. End of story.

https://boots.recova-19.com/docs/consent

< Whilst every effort will be made, we cannot guarantee results will be received within 48 hours.

< Boots will not be held liable for any losses, costs, damage that you suffer or incur as a result of any delays in receiving test results ...

boots.png

Edited by jerrymahoney

3 hours ago, NobbyClarke said:

In other news... I've just cut my toe nails.....

I used scissors from Boots and they cut my nails perfectly.....

Get a life Bristol dad......

Bristol dad was planning to get the Thai Mrs to do that job.....(and a few others), he now refuses to use his Boots bought scissors and do it himself. 

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

https://boots.recova-19.com/docs/consent

< Whilst every effort will be made, we cannot guarantee results will be received within 48 hours.

< Boots will not be held liable for any losses, costs, damage that you suffer or incur as a result of any delays in receiving test results ...

boots.png

I'm not the least bit surprised, so companies can just cover themselves with fine print to cover up any mistakes. Does a court in a first world country like the UK allow this?