Bristol dad 'fuming' after Boots loses his PCR test before flight to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Sadly these things happen

But

Hopefully boots have covered all his out of pocket expenses...eg charges to rebook issue new flight (although it only says they refunded kit amount)

Pretty sure they will have a get out in the small print somewhere to mitigate against any larger claims, which must be the case as it looks like he has gone to the media as he is trying for compensation. 

Think anyone booking now would get a flex ticket with the number of variables that could go wrong and possible changes 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, poohy said:

But

Hopefully boots have covered all his out of pocket expenses...eg charges to rebook issue new flight (although it only says they refunded kit amount)

It is unfortunate that these things ‘can’ happen... but the consequences of someones screw up are horrible. 

I doubt Boots would offer a refund for the whole costs, but they definitely should and if not there is room to make a claim against Boots - but thats not what someone wants at the beginning of a holiday.

The cost of re-booking may also be significantly greater as while Airlines offer free re-booking that does not include fare differences - the cheaper promotional fares are usually unavailable when booking closer to the travel date and the fare difference is often quite a lot. 

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It’s clear that not one of you who commented so flippantly have tried to build the house of cards it takes to return to Thailand.

Indeed indeed. Neither left nor travelled since that day the virus first struck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, poohy said:

But

Nope they only refund test fee. In the small print. No test service gives compo

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It is unfortunate that these things ‘can’ happen... but the consequences of someones screw up are horrible. 

I doubt Boots would offer a refund for the whole costs, but they definitely should and if not there is room to make a claim against Boots - but thats not what someone wants at the beginning of a holiday.

The cost of re-booking may also be significantly greater as while Airlines offer free re-booking that does not include fare differences - the cheaper promotional fares are usually unavailable when booking closer to the travel date and the fare difference is often quite a lot. 

Flights and hotel can be rebooked free atm. he can get a same day test and Thai pass allows 72 hrs deviation from dates provided

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fully aware that's why i posted that

Issuing air tickets was part of my business so i know alternatives although maybe existing are unlikely to be cheap, that's before restarting or amending the Thailand entry stuff

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

I hope for Nicholas Baggs that he has a Covid-19-travel insurance, which covers lost flight and re-booking, then the problem is minor, there's still a long way to Xmas.

From the article:

"We offer our wholehearted apology to Mr Baggs for the disruption this has caused to his travel plans and have offered a full refund for the price of his test."

It might be cheaper for Boots to offer som help and compensation to get Nick airborne to thailand, than the bad-will this story might create, being more helpful might instead create a positive story and goodwill...:whistling:

I'm pretty sure that no insurance would cover this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

all a complete misunderstanding as the well known Thailand excuse

I was wondering how long it would take before the blame would be shifted onto Thailand. 

mistakes do happen even in the UK, 

incredible.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1