blacklisted for 12 months while on elite visa.

24 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Can't afford? Do you seriously think that? Yes, I'm overwhelmed with jealousy. It's a glorified tourist visa. It it wasn't would there even be such thing as 90 day reporting, overstay on a visa that allows you a 5 year stay, blacklist and a fine. Wake up!

As for benefits get more useful benefits with my wife's SCB card.

Wow - you're a bit highly strung...

Do you not have your own SCB card - lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I don't understand why some farangs pay so much money for an elite visa 555. They could find a good thai lady and marry! It is only 1900 bath a year. Anyway immigration has the power in their hands. I live in Thailand since long time and honestly am very happy and everything is all good but for me there's no future for some farangs here

You don’t understand why some don’t want to enter a marriage of convenience ??

You should project less....  Not everyone wants to get married to the first person they think is OK for a visa. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Can't afford? Do you seriously think that? Yes, I'm overwhelmed with jealousy. It's a glorified tourist visa. It it wasn't would there even be such thing as 90 day reporting, overstay on a visa that allows you a 5 year stay, blacklist and a fine. Wake up!

As for benefits get more useful benefits with my wife's SCB card.

Stone the crows!

I know you understand this Pravda but,  It does not allow a 5 year stay. The PE visa allows a 1 year "permitted until" stamp per entry. In mathematical semantics,  an incorrect theory of the situation and the OPs good friend is solely responsible for his unfortunate experience. I was a member for 5 years and the same thing has happened many times. It is explained in the prospectus and application. Thailand Elite warns members again and again by email. Every time one arrives in Thailand, and I think most TE members travel frequently without a pandemic the Elite Personal Assistant checks the entry stamp upon entry for errors and shows it to you.

There are some people who are either so stupid or so pig-headed they cannot or will not understand the difference between a permission to stay "admitted until" and a visa "valid until" no matter how many times it is explained. Returning to the UK I assume the man speaks English. Now mulling his entry ban perhaps he might finally understand he did not have a visa that gives him a 5 year stay.

Edited by Captain Monday

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To be honest....  I stuffed up and it was a learning curve for me. 

Years ago I purchased the Life Time Membership which gave me a 5 year S.E. Visa Sticker affixed in my passport. 

I travelled a lot and never stayed longer than a couple of months. 

I think I was late into my second 5 year visa when I was about to stay longer than 90 days (for the first time).

I contacted Thai Elite. As I’d never stayed longer than couple of months I did not know the protocol, I asked Thai Elite what I needed to do and was informed that they would perform my 90 day report. I dropped off my passport at the Thai Elite office. 

Thai Elite contacted me a few days later - there was an issue. 

The S.E. Visa permitted me a stay each time of 90 days (which is different from the P.E. Visa Thai Elite issues with the 5 year membership - I don’t know why). Every 90 days I would have to apply for another 90 day extension (madness I know - but those were the conditions of the original membership). 

So... the issue.... Thai Elite contacted me and informed my they could not report my 90 days, I had to go in person and apply for a 90 day extension. This stuff up placed me on a 1 day overstay - no biggie apart from the faux-outrage expressed by the immigration officer telling me ‘you overstay, you overstay’... until she realised I wasn’t biting !!!..... 

But it was Thai Elite who had initially offered incorrect advice.

Thailand Elite gave you a "5 year visa". Did your  permission to stay read 5 years or 90 days?

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You don’t understand why some don’t want to enter a marriage of convenience ??

You should project less....  Not everyone wants to get married to the first person they think is OK for a visa. 

Mine is not a marriage of convenience and I love my thai wife

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I don't understand why some farangs pay so much money for an elite visa 555. They could find a good thai lady and marry! It is only 1900 bath a year. 

Only 1,900 baht! My Thai 'er indoors' costs at least a million baht more,

e.g. Thai wife cost = 1,000,000 + 1,900 = 1,001,900 baht a year  :cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Thailand Elite gave you a "5 year visa". Did your  permission to stay read 5 years or 90 days?

The S.E. Visa Sticker itself is for 5 years. 

Upon each entry, the permission of stay is 90 days at which point it can be extended in country (at an Immigration office / Chaeng Wattana) for another 90 days (cost 1900 baht), this can be renewed every 90 days indefinitely. 

Once the expiry of the Visa has been reached a new Visa Sticker is applied and the process continues. 

This different to the 5 Year Membership which provides 1 Year P.E. Visa, and a 1 year Permission of Stay each time, each year the Permission of stay is extended by another year (and I assume a new visa is issued, with a  new visa sticker for that year).

Thailand Elite It is a fantastic program. I recommend it to all who can benefit from it and afford it.I would have signed up for another 5 years if it would have gotten me back into Thailand having been locked out 10 months, but it didn't. In fact the TEMQ process in effect late 2020 caused the PE visa to be a hindrance to entry to Thailand due to delays in processing. So, I signed I applied for an 0-A visa having reached an appropriate age. But members need to understand the limitation set by Thai immigration clearly indicated on the permitted until  passport stamp.

Though mind-boggling every year one hears of some members who commit significant overstay. You can explain it to them but you cant understand it for them.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

This is a thread about someone who forgets an extension date, doesn't renew, and immigration clobber him for 12 months not allowed back in, and somehow because the op on purpose is highlighting Elite, then it becomes Elite's problem

it's either a fake story, or someone trying to blame anyone but themselves, anything to do with visa/extensions is with the immigration, everything is on me and if I mess up, then it's an immigration problem or for a lawyer to try to solve

Edited by humbug

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I got elite visa too, they do send out a lot of emails telling people to not overstay and extend their visa. 

Sad for the guy and yes elite should have helped but still how is this different from a pensioner that did have the 800k in the bank but did not extend ?.

Just that we paid for the privilege (i would not have paid if i was married or old enough) does not mean we dont need to keep to the rules even if we paid a lot of money. But really they send emails out a lot.

The elite visa/extension is done by inmigration, has nothing to do with Elite, we all know this, every time you get an extension it's done by immigration, Elite don't put any stamps or add the info into the computer, immigration are the ones with the incoming and exiting border database, knowing if you entered legally or not, impossible for elite to track clients in the same way. 

it's just another thread with Elite, and it's like bees around a honey pot, I am 100% certain that was the main reason of the op's thread and title

Edited by humbug

28 minutes ago, humbug said:

The elite visa/extension is done by inmigration, has nothing to do with Elite, we all know this, every time you get an extension it's done by immigration, Elite don't put any stamps or add the info into the computer, immigration are the ones with the incoming and exiting border database, knowing if you entered legally or not, impossible for elite to track clients in the same way. 

it's just another thread with Elite, and it's like bees around a honey pot, I am 100% certain that was the main reason of the op's thread and title

Quite probably, seems to be some envy. To be honest if i was 50 id go for the 800k in the bank much cheaper, marriage is good too but not going to get married for a visa (also current gf is from Singapore)

But seems some people don't like those on elite. I am always quite happy with their service (in BKK) when i lived outside of BKK i had to do it alone and it took a day. But in BKK where i live now a lady from elite goes with you and you get pushed in front of everyone and your out in like half an hour or so. (extension)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Immigration Bureau has nothing to do with, nor any responsibility for, keeping the wealthy here! 

And Mastercard has nothing to do with, nor any responsibility for, making keeping their clients aware of the status of their accounts

• Sad 1