Is this mandatory after arrival?

kevin612

Hi all, I arrived yesterday and had RTC Covid test came back negative.

According to the hospital, one individual gave me an ATK for self testing on day 6-7 if you are good to go on the second day.

I am just wondering is this mandatory? I attach the picture.

Thank you.

3FBDD4C5-10C9-44B2-88C2-CB9949E4C4D6.jpeg

Given the test on arrival would not test positive if one caught covid on the airplane trip over, there really is no reasonable basis not to take the test.  

Note:  "I don't want to", "I'm worried about a tracking chip", "I could care if I caught covid on the flight over and then spread it to others", etc., would not constitute a reasonable basis not to take the test.   

• Sad 5
  • Thanks 2

It’s not on any of the requirements asked for either. I’ve studied a few agency and government rules for entry and not seen this.’ I’m not against it, but isn’t should be mentioned with instructions to deposit. 
Example, UK ,  you take the test to your nearest post office and it gets picked  up twice  a day.Good luck with that in Thailand.

I arrived on 1 December.  Spent first night in hotel near airport.  Took the PCR on arrival.  Next morning, picked up the negative certificate and got a taxi on my way to Pattaya.  The hotel didn't give me a 5 day test and I completely forgot to ask for it.   Neither did they say anything about Morchana !  I forgot to ask about that as well, so eager was I to be on my way !  I am wondering if they will catch up with me at some stage.  I filled in my TM30, so they will know where I am !!  On the subject of all the paperwork, it was, as we all know, a bit of a nightmare, but I have to say that on arrival at Suvarnabhum, the process was incredibly smooth.  I got off the plane and was in my hotel room 7 kilometers away in just over an hour !  Credit where it's due !!

• Thanks 1

A test was given to me to take home.  No instructions in what to do with it at all.  After reading here about other people's experiences I figured I should take this a week after entering the country.  I email the hotel and they say I can email the results to then.  Up to me.  

I open the box and all the instructions are in Thai.  Not an English sentence or sufficient pictures to tell me how to take the test.  I think I took it correctly but who knows.

15 hours ago, ray richards said:

Just do the test it's no big deal, it took me 5 minutes yesterday then after waiting time for test to show negative I sent the result photo by Line app to my Pattaya hotel & I got a nice thank you sir reply.

You are forgetting the off chance that you could be tested positive by mistake. I once took the test with my hand when entering a local store, and it was 38, I went home, then about 30 mins later I went back to that same store, tried again and this time it was 36.

Things can happen which could cost you a fortune.

17 hours ago, AlbionBob said:

I arrived on 1 December.  Spent first night in hotel near airport.  Took the PCR on arrival.  Next morning, picked up the negative certificate

Thanks for sharing your experience.  My son may be coming out to see me in the Kingdom next month, his first trip over.  So was the test administered at the airport and then the officials forwarded the results to the hotel?  Also which hotel did you use?  

Just to expand on the process.  Getting off the plane, you come to the Thailand Pass section, where you sit and wait for some girls who check your Pass documentation, you then go on to Immigration, where you are stamped in, then collect baggage from carosel, then through Customs where you are met by all the hotel bus people.  Bit of a scramble there to find your bus, but they know you are coming and are looking for you !  Then into bus and on to hotel, where they take the test.

I landed at Sauvanaboumi airport Bangkok it was very well organized,I sat & waited 3 minutes for girl to check my TP & was took to the paperwork desk & border control immigration to stamp my passport after a visa check, I went to get my suitcase which was about 2 more minutes, I walked through the green custom area & went to the welcome gate number 10 where a Thai lady asked my name & hotel in Pattaya for 1 night quarantine, after 5 minutes the same Thai lady took me to the car from my hotel, all in it took no more than 30 minutes & I was on my way to Beverly Hotel Pattaya, fantastic place with 2 large evening meals & a breakfast next morning. PCR test,, 4* hotel, hotel car down to Pattaya , all excellent food & free self test kit, 4,600 bahts, 1st class hotel etc.

I got back on Saturday. The airport was well-organised, but it took me ages to get through immigration. My visa seemed to confuse them (again). I noticed some of the exchange booths were open in the baggage hall, they were closed last time I was there. 

The hotel had someone waiting for me, and the transport stopped on the way for the PCR sample. At the same place, I was given the lateral flow test to take on day 6 or 7, she talked me through the instructions (in English), and said I'd get an alert in the App and I would need to upload the results there. Then we continued on to the hotel.

My status turned green in the App over night, and in the morning, the hotel said my results were there and I could leave. They gave me the certificate and sent me on my way. 

If Saturday was day 1, today is day 7, and there's no notification or anywhere to upload the results. If Saturday was day 0, then this is day 6, so maybe it will come through tomorrow. 

If I get a notification, I'll do the test, but I'm not just going to randomly send it to the hotel, what would they do with it? And I'm not going to do the test if I don't get the notification in case it comes through later because then I won't have a kit anymore.