Drainage covers big enough to “sit at and have a BBQ” criticised

webfact

1 hour ago, rwill said:

So in the second photo that persons gate will be way below the road.

Thier job is to make a road that doesn't get flooded.  Anything else is not their concern and they'd be surprised to be questioned on it.  TIT  ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

So they raise the road and footpath  where's the water going? in the houses/shops? Does sound a bit stupid if they do that.

You ever been in Bangkok?? Ever notice you have to step down into allot of the shops? Same thing. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Mayor Somneuk explained that the road and footpath will be raised when the work is done.

Then everything will be fine.

A similar thing happened in front of my home. Now we have a nicer looking new road, but it doesn't drain as well as the old one. The standing water on the road goes nowhere near the drains they installed. We had no problems at all with old road. Completely useless 

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

A road way higher than the buildings on each side is just a disaster

for the future. 

Or a new lucrative retro fit for someone , not so much Tarmacadam as Star Scam madam?

I live near a tiny town that has lots of new covered unused market halls, naively I asked a local Poo Yai why, "The work dear boy ".

Similarly new very costly decorative lamp posts in unused walkways but none on dangerous corners ,Electric polls in the highway all part of teh giant snakes and ladders that is LOS. Luckily after 20 years nothing surprises me the lack of safety, cronyism and lack of foresight beyond short term gain.

Luckily the people are friendly its safe sunny and warm , the food is great to offset the minor failings of urban planning.