10% increase in international flights from Nov to Dec

webfact

3 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Traffic in Phuket is horrendous - almost back to the bad old days before Covid.

Farangs on moto-cys are wobbling all over the road as they used to.

I hate it.

guess you better slow that mustang down

3 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Airports of Thailand Plc (AOT), since November, slot reservation of international flights has already increased 10% as Thailand reopened air borders

I wonder how much the slot reservations increased in the resorts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

Visited Thailand for a month (visa exemption ).glad to be home ... so boring there with so many bars etc. closed and dead athmosphere in so many places... won't be going back as I had planned for January... I'll be a minus one for TAT in January...Lol. 

Where did you stay and what month did you arrive ?

1 hour ago, UTH001 said:

It would be more interesting to know how many international flights actually landed in Thailand last month (November), excluding cargo planes. Since there were only 133,294 international arrivals between November 1 and December 6 (3,702 per day on average, I could not find any data for November 1 to November 30 only), certainly 15,614 flight slot reservations are NOT required to carry that few passengers. I know that airlines currently make tons of money out of air cargo. But carrying on average only 8.5 passengers per plane is probably a bit ridiculous.

I believe that when they speak of flight slots they don't mean just arrivals, but also departures, so your average might have to be increased to 17 :-)

But clearly, there's more than just passenger flights since no airline would schedule international flights with that kind of occupancy. I know that when I flew Dubai-BKK in November, the Emirates B777 plane was quite full.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Where did you stay and what month did you arrive ?

Arrived 25th October in Phuket ... ( sandbox was still in operation and hotel and tests booked and paid ) after being "released" from Phuket I went to Pattaya for 3 weeks.... same as I have done for years . It was almost sad to walk around at night ... even got food poisoning because lack of customers everywhere meant you could be unlucky... actually thought of shortening the trip but the change of flights was too expensive . Left for home on 23rd November. First time I was ever glad to be home to the cold !
maybe better now but I don't think the old Pattaya is coming back soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Hua Him is markedly more crowded.  

No where close to pre -covid to state the obvious.

Unfortunately Prices are also markedly more expensive as well.

Heading to Pattaya for a week tomorrow.

I've heard its got a pulse now at least.

Should be interesting.

Sorry..but i dont belive ur story.Maybe thats ur dream.I stay in korat.We just been to hua-hin.We didnt see u or other people.

59 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Arrived 25th October in Phuket ... ( sandbox was still in operation and hotel and tests booked and paid ) after being "released" from Phuket I went to Pattaya for 3 weeks.... same as I have done for years . It was almost sad to walk around at night ... even got food poisoning because lack of customers everywhere meant you could be unlucky... actually thought of shortening the trip but the change of flights was too expensive . Left for home on 23rd November. First time I was ever glad to be home to the cold !
maybe better now but I don't think the old Pattaya is coming back soon.

Not really relevant but I just "have to know" as I am desperate for a break from my Thai missus and daughter ! Is Greece worth a long look these days Terry ? I did a posting there 30 years ago & speak Greek really well. Many Greeks think I am from Crete, as they do have some locals with blond hair there.. I speak Turkish too, plus six other languages including Thai & Lao thanks to a career in the army, but after English & Thai, my third language is Greek. I can read it too, which was a real pain to learn, as they have different letters for upper & lower case (sneaky, that). Is Crete ('Kriti') worth a look these days ?  With a stopover in LOS on the way, of course..... for shopping & R/R. I am a biker too, but motorcycles are a breeze to rent in Greece. Positive or negative comments are welcome ...Cheers !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

was in Hua Hin ten days ago .....  stayed 3 nights and couldn't get outa there quick enough.

A few expats walking around but nothing like hundreds that's for sure.  It was a ghost town late at night.

I agree.We went back to korat after 3 days.Have booked and paid for a week.We just went back home.Even her daugther age 12 get bored.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, steven100 said:

was in Hua Hin ten days ago .....  stayed 3 nights and couldn't get outa there quick enough.

A few expats walking around but nothing like hundreds that's for sure.  It was a ghost town late at night.

Perhaps they all came to Phuket...

...unfortunately. ????

• Haha 1

Only real option in the region - I'd have preferred to be in my usual winter retreat of Bali but 10 days quarantine makes that unattractive. 

At least the STV and Pass are easy and processed quickly, once I'd spent a day scanning, converting, re-sizing and merging files for both.

Travel is set to be a trial for years and the numbers travelling will largely depend on whether it once more becomes attractive to more people than just those that have to get somewhere for reasons other than a holiday.