10% increase in international flights from Nov to Dec

webfact

7 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Visited Thailand for a month (visa exemption ).glad to be home ... so boring there with so many bars etc. closed and dead athmosphere in so many places... won't be going back as I had planned for January... I'll be a minus one for TAT in January...Lol. 

I never did understand why everyone wanted to go there for a HOLIDAY (not yelling) not to get back to someone.  

Yes, nothing is open there and there is nothing to do.  Watch the ocean?  Watch thai TV (not recommended)?  Sit around by yourself and get staggeringly drunk is about it and that doesn't seem like fun to me.  

It will open eventually and the suns rays will bake our white brains again some day.  ????  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

Not really relevant but I just "have to know" as I am desperate for a break from my Thai missus and daughter ! Is Greece worth a long look these days Terry ? I did a posting there 30 years ago & speak Greek really well. Many Greeks think I am from Crete, as they do have some locals with blond hair there.. I speak Turkish too, plus six other languages including Thai & Lao thanks to a career in the army, but after English & Thai, my third language is Greek. I can read it too, which was a real pain to learn, as they have different letters for upper & lower case (sneaky, that). Is Crete ('Kriti') worth a look these days ?  With a stopover in LOS on the way, of course..... for shopping & R/R. I am a biker too, but motorcycles are a breeze to rent in Greece. Positive or negative comments are welcome ...Cheers !

Who ever could give you advice. You are too smart.????

18 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Currently sat waiting in my SHAPlus+ hotel in Pattaya. Booked an early arriving flight hoping that I would be released in about 6 hours to travel to the G/F’s place about 30 minutes outside? Arrival at Swampy and transfer all ok. Checked into hotel at 11:15 and immediate PCR done.

Lunch to the room was cold, the excuse for half a small baguette appeared stale and there was no cutlery. How they expect you to eat Thai beef without a knife is beyond me?

At dinner/evening meal I was told that I could choose from their room service menu but declined stating that the food was mai aloi.  Asked if someone would go to 7-11 for me to get some food and essentials as I had no mozzie spray etc and was told mai dai, despite me offering to pay for their trouble? Only when I told them that I was diabetic was I told that I could use Grab. Called the G/F instead and had her to bring me food along with some Bud Light. Was told that I could have the food but not the beer as I could order that from room service. Asked if they had Bud Light or any other low sugar/carb beer and was told no hab. Explained that the reason that I needed low carb beer was due to my diabetes but they didn’t want to know.

Asked several times since 5pm about my PCR results but said they didn’t have them. Asked them to ring the hospital to ask if they could expedite them but received no call back. Only when I went to collect my food from the G/F at reception and pushed them for an answer, did they admit that I’d have to wait until the morning as the swabs hadn’t even gone off to the hospital or lab yet? Luckily I brought a bottle of Grey Goose in the case which I’m mixing with the Coke Zero that the G/F brought for me?

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that a PCR test might be a suitable request upon arrival to help protect the country despite me taking one less than 48 hours before I arrived?  However, whilst in itself  this will be enough to discourage your average “tourist’ per se, the attitude, total lack of service/understanding by certain hotels and their obvious personal desire to try every tactic to milk you for whatever they can, will definitely be the last nail in the coffin for tourism in the country?  

At the end of the day though, I’ve been coming here for years, this is the LOS and why should I expect any different?

Something about your tone says trouble...

BA has BA9/10 loaded in reservation system. So I assume BA request the slot. However, there is a big problem. All class for sale is ZERO. To translate: BA is not selling a single seat on the flight at all throughout the next Spring. 

So effectively, airlines like BA may request the slot, but it may not fly at all. If it is flying, it is not selling a single seat means not a single passenger would be arriving with the flight. Such ghost flight is proudly incorporated into TAT 20% slot request increase propaganda.

Now let us wait and see how many flights in this 20% increase actually made to real flight and how many actual passengers are carried? I expect another positive spin from TAT.  

5 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

Not really relevant but I just "have to know" as I am desperate for a break from my Thai missus and daughter ! Is Greece worth a long look these days Terry ? I did a posting there 30 years ago & speak Greek really well. Many Greeks think I am from Crete, as they do have some locals with blond hair there.. I speak Turkish too, plus six other languages including Thai & Lao thanks to a career in the army, but after English & Thai, my third language is Greek. I can read it too, which was a real pain to learn, as they have different letters for upper & lower case (sneaky, that). Is Crete ('Kriti') worth a look these days ?  With a stopover in LOS on the way, of course..... for shopping & R/R. I am a biker too, but motorcycles are a breeze to rent in Greece. Positive or negative comments are welcome ...Cheers !

You should know better, to cold now and restrictions are getting tight in some places. Try Canary Islands or Caribic.

8 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Arrived 25th October in Phuket ... ( sandbox was still in operation and hotel and tests booked and paid ) after being "released" from Phuket I went to Pattaya for 3 weeks.... same as I have done for years . It was almost sad to walk around at night ... even got food poisoning because lack of customers everywhere meant you could be unlucky... actually thought of shortening the trip but the change of flights was too expensive . Left for home on 23rd November. First time I was ever glad to be home to the cold !
maybe better now but I don't think the old Pattaya is coming back soon.

I arrived in Phuket on the 12th October & didnt need to be " Released" - I was more than happy to stay in Phuket - Why the <deleted> would you want to head for that place ??? 

Pattaya aint my cuppa T and i have never been there & certainly have no intention of ever visiting there - You should have done your homework first.

Im glad that you are back in your own country, hope you got your gloves & hat on - enjoy the cold weather.

Im still in Thailand now & looking forward to Christmas & the New Year - I am extremley grateful for my current situation and IMO, you should have stayed in Phuket.

Too many bods think that Pattaya is the center of the universe.

Lets have it right - The Mongers might have to find a new place to Monger - Lol.

Rip Pattaya  ????

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, starky said:

It's slightly more than 3/5ths of 5/8ths of **** all. That isn't a precise figure though ????

I refer you to your signature (which I have stolen on many occasions, by the way) ???? 

Only head to Phuket at this time of year to go blow bubbles underwater with my teens.  No other reason to go unless meeting an old friend (who lost his shirt and almost his life to a stunner on walking street who also tried to kick him down some stairs at her place about a month ago).  All fun and games....