Thailand announces new measures for foreign arrivals, New Year countdown details

snoop1130

15 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Nothing has changed, if you are eligible for the Thailand Pass, you still get only one night in quarantine as far as I understand.

So why couldn't somebody (at Thai PBS?) write a notice with complete clarity, instead of this pile of doodoo?

27 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Are you arriving on the second Tuesday of a month, during a full moon, from a country with an R in it's name?

If so - 7 days quarantine. 

But if arriving on the third Wednesday via an approved sea port, then just 1 day.

What about the second Tuesday, but with no full moon? It's started waning two days after.

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Countries on the Red list

Surely that could have easily been incorporated into the "announcement".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Yeah, that's where the Big Money is at...

Investing in quarantine hotels during a temporary health problem, that will end someday after most of the world is vaccinated. ????

The point is not so much the foolishness of the initial investment - although I agree it was foolish - rather the suspicion that having made it, favours are being called in an attempt to ensure there is a return.

5 hours ago, feasantplukka said:

So yesterday I got my Thai pass, to return to Thailand after 2yrs away from my wife and family, fully vaxed & boosted  1 day quarantine booked January 5th, staying 30 days, I now have to stay 7 days in quarantine,  ??????????

People get confused really easily here and I suspect it is because they don't read the full article.

If you enter under Thailand Pass you do one day quarantine while you wait for the result of your PT-PCR test.

If you are coming from a country that is not eligible for Thailand Pass then you do 7 days.

So basically it is the same as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PuaSai said:

Because this "vaccine" is not truly a vaccine.  Supposedly before a shot is considered a "vaccine", it goes through "years of testing."  If I can find the document I have from the CDC I'll show you this is what it says. (It is attached) This "jab" supposedly only lessens the symptoms to yourself if you catch the virus and because these vaccines were released so quickly, the long term side affects are unknown.  We know some people have had serious side affects such as blood clots and people have died.  

COVID is not going to disappear.  So, do what you can do to live your life the fullest.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 09.59.58.png

Careful there: you are posting against the narrative.......

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Careful there: you are posting against the narrative.......

Just posting from information I got on an official U.S. announcement.  That's of course unless the virus and vaccine were created years ago, and it suddenly arrived.  Who knows....  Someone does.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibook said:

The WHO and many other organisations or NGOs talk of "Africa" rather than individual countries.  So do many African politicians.  This is similar to the way some talk as if the EU were the whole of Europe and unified homogeneous whole.  

Maybe it's because viruses care more for climate zones than for borders. 

So you cannot even attend New Years Festivals anymore without being vaccinated and being scanned and tracked by your QR-Code?

Based on which law, exactly? The Thai Constitution is obsolete now?

We need to rise up. This is going way to far.

Even if one is vaccinated, who wants to be tracked by a QR-Code everywhere they go?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Because breakthrough infections are common with Omicron, your situation is exactly how it has traveled to other countries. The fact that you're British has nothing to do with it.

Erm, hold on a minute........

I'm in a country with i think 1 reported case of Omicron, UK has many many cases and 1 death however they can arrive Thailand with test and go. Many other European countries are the same, many reported cases of Omicron but test and go on arrival. 

I'm waiting for your explanation of how that makes sense.....

You think it's not gonna become prevelant in Thailand - lol, amusing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, monty1412 said:

In the same boat, flew into Kenya from my home in Bangkok and now face 14 days due to all of Africa ruling ... doesnt matter that Nairobi is as far from Johannesburg as Beijing is from Bangkok .... rather than spending 14days in quarantine Im thinking about doing 21 days in Phnom Penh first no quarantine  then come in under test'n'go 

I thought about going to an approved country for 21 days but what cocerns me is rules changing whilst waiting for the 21 days to elapse.

It's an unknown at present against a known duration of 2 weeks, that's what put me off.

Pls do note - i absolutely despise the 2 weeks locked up, with a passion but better the devil you know sometimes.

29 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

So you cannot even attend New Years Festivals anymore without being vaccinated and being scanned and tracked by your QR-Code?

Based on which law, exactly? The Thai Constitution is obsolete now?

We need to rise up. This is going way to far.

Even if one is vaccinated, who wants to be tracked by a QR-Code everywhere they go?!

Who is 'we'... you are a guest here !

• Confused 1

Just now, Morpheus42 said:

I am sick of these shutting-up-comments.

I live here long-term and have a Thai family. Thailand is my home since many years. I have a right to raise my voice.

My whole family is sharing my view.

So you respond with one?

You have a family to consider, so really need to just get on with life and do nothing rash.  You do not have the right to protest ... ranting here does little but is harmless. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So you respond with one?

You have a family to consider, so really need to just get on with life and do nothing rash.  You do not have the right to protest ... ranting here does little but is harmless. 

I cannot go on with life. They want to force us to get vaccinated.

We know two people who died from the vaccine and several with severe side-effects, one of them is losing her baby directly after taking the shot.

We are scared of taking it. We do not want to get controlled by QR-codes. I do not want my family to grow up in a society where you are being fully-tracked all the time.

My whole family will not get it. We are scared of being separated because they will throw me out because of no vaccination and then they cannot come visit me as well because of no vaccination. No one cares about us, I think many people on this forum here actually feeling joy and satisfaction while reading about our suffering.

And people like you, who are silently accepting the status quo being pushed on them, while even attacking and mocking people who want to stand up against it, are the main reason for our suffering.

So far for your "solidarity". Seems as soon as you are the minority, the majority is giving a **** about you.

Edited by Morpheus42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Omicron is doubling every 2 to 3 days in the UK and other countries.

Looks like most people will think they have the cold.

Unless you self isolate for a fortnight before, you could easily pick it up.

Then it's the 2 PCR test roll of the dice to get into Thailand with incarceration if your unlucky to fail the second test.

Best of luck to all those people having to return to Thailand for family or business matters.

'There is a myth out there that it's mild,'

https://www.cp24.com/news/there-is-a-myth-out-there-that-it-s-mild-head-of-ontario-s-science-table-says-of-omicron-1.5704993

"This variant here is so absolutely infectious now... This will reach every single person. Statistically speaking, there will be very few lucky ones," Jüni said.

Edited by Don Chance

21 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

I cannot go on with life. They want to force us to get vaccinated.

We know two people who died from the vaccine and several with severe side-effects, one of them is losing her baby directly after taking the shot.

We are scared of taking it. We do not want to get controlled by QR-codes. I do not want my family to grow up in a society where you are being fully-tracked all the time.

My whole family will not get it. We are scared of being separated because they will throw me out because of no vaccination and then they cannot come visit me as well because of no vaccination. No one cares about us, I think many people on this forum here actually feeling joy and satisfaction while reading about our suffering.

And people like you, who are silently accepting the status quo being pushed on them, while even attacking and mocking people who want to stand up against it, are the main reason for our suffering.

So far for your "solidarity". Seems as soon as you are the minority, the majority is giving a **** about you.

so what is the issue here? the status quo? or the vaccination?

be responsible, take the shots, the risks are low, and if there are long term effects, we are all in it anyhow, so we will all be doomed ????

Do you really want to be alone and human in this world when we all turn to zombies? ????

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

I am sick of these shutting-up-comments.

I live here long-term and have a Thai family. Thailand is my home since many years. I have a right to raise my voice.

My whole family is sharing my view.

technically you have no right, but I hear what you say. Hence there is no future for us here, take your family overseas, they will have a better life and freedom.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Morpheus42 said:

People like me are ones who see the vaccinations as a solution and not something to be feared. I worry about catching Covid far more. I am not really mocking, but simply perplexed by such attitudes. 

You make your own suffering....just get on with life, I doubt you will ever be forced to be jabbed, but you will have to make sacrifices.

3 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

technically you have no right, but I hear what you say. Hence there is no future for us here, take your family overseas, they will have a better life and freedom.

Where to go? As far as I can see, the only two countries who are really resisting right now are Mexico and El Salvador. And in both of these places we might have freedom, but a lot of other dangers..

This world just got soo <deleted> mad.. But I am happy that at least you can understand my POV. It is really making me sick in my heart and I get pain in my guts when I read most comments here. Most people sadly do not want to understand my POV and are really full of hate just because I am scared of the vaccine and the whole digital dictatorship that is coming with it.

And regarding your previous post.. I am responsible, that is why I am NOT taking the shot. I need to provide for my family and cannot risk getting severely injured or dying from the vaccine. I am young and had COVID already, no big deal, so for me the risk of the vaccine is far higher than the risk of the disease, like for many other young people as well.

And again, it is not just about the shot. It is about the whole digital prison coming along with it. I will never support that. I better stay on our farm and grow our own food for the rest of our lives, but then there is this visa issue again... ????