Lying condo agents in Pattaya

pixelaoffy

Had some experience over a month  now looking at places to rent long term in Pattaya /jomtien.Looking at the budget places 5-6000 a month. Very often get told ' not avaible'. Discovered it's not avaible to farang!  Seems that how some of these Facebook created agents like to run their so called ' business'  

Edited by pixelaoffy

What kind of service do you want for 5-7K? you cant get a parking space for that in most countries. Thailand is not as cheap as it used to be even during covid. Most owners would rather leave the place empty after they pay agents fee and common fee with their investment its not work the hassle renting at this low end market.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

What kind of service do you want for 5-7K? you cant get a parking space for that in most countries. Thailand is not as cheap as it used to be even during covid. Most owners would rather leave the place empty after they pay agents fee and common fee with their investment its not work the hassle renting at this low end market.

lots of places available at that price, they come up all the time on Facebook. People realise better to rent then have it empty

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've seen some good deals recently for 5k-7k a month Base, Unixx on Facebook, someone called Singh comes up a lot, have you checked with him?

Easy to get good deals, just avoid Facebook. Just rented an apartment for my tgf, 5000 a month in a great condo development. Has the best pool in Pattaya, amazing. Just went in and chose what we wanted from the condo office. By the time the owner has paid the commission and common fee hardly worth it though for him. So much better than some of the <deleted> places the girls get for 3-4000 around Soi Buakhao.

Edited by Henryford

38 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Easy to get good deals, just avoid Facebook. Just rented an apartment for my tgf, 5000 a month in a great condo development. Has the best pool in Pattaya, amazing. Just went in and chose what we wanted from the condo office. By the time the owner has paid the commission and common fee hardly worth it though for him. So much better than some of the <deleted> places the girls get for 3-4000 around Soi Buakhao.

Why avoid Facebook? loads of choice, avoid ones charging too much. Condos left empty deteriorate quickly, maybe that's what the owner thinks better to rent out to cover common fees than let it go downhill. Taking a deposit protects it somewhat from the tenant

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Can see what sort of farang you are 

As long as you are happy and enjoying your life here in Thailand all is well. But you seem to have a bit of an attitude problem going by the title of this thread and your comments on Thais and your dealings with them. But you are simply not entitled to rent any property you want and you can't force people to rent to you if they don't want to. You call them liars and query their business model but most foreigners manage to rent condos without starting a thread to rant about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

lots of places available at that price, they come up all the time on Facebook. People realise better to rent then have it empty

This is true but there is another point of view especially with low end renters who are perceived as being too much trouble, may damage fixtures and fittings, may have a noisy or anti social life style etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I've been here for 16 years and in that time I have lived in 6 different houses, not once have I been asked for references or to prove steady income and I don't know anyone that has

They may or may not ask for them for very high end rental properties but I doubt they would be interested in the 5 - 6k range 

I agree such formalities are not common here but there are other procedures both formal and informal. I mentioned references etc to help the OP see his problem from a different angle other than that of lying agents denying him his rights.

13 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This is true but there is another point of view especially with low end renters who are perceived as being too much trouble, may damage fixtures and fittings, may have a noisy or anti social life style etc

Can happen at all levels of renters, I've had doctors stay in my place in the UK and break things through carelessness

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Easy to get good deals, just avoid Facebook. Just rented an apartment for my tgf, 5000 a month in a great condo development. Has the best pool in Pattaya, amazing.

Why would you rent a condo for her? I'd like to see the pic of that condo with best pool in Pattaya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can happen at all levels of renters, I've had doctors stay in my place in the UK and break things through carelessness

Oh I agree entirely but it's a matter of perception here.  Also there's a difference between damaged furniture for 6k a month or 60k a month. I think landlords here both Thai and Foreign expect Thai tenants to be looking for 6k properties but a white foreigner might be looked down on looking for that price range. I live in a cheap place but got it through friends who know me personally and know I am a good, friendly, quiet and cooperative tenant. I rent out 3 places in the UK so I see it from both sides.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My partner and I no longer own any rental condos.   But, if we did, and we were only getting a low rental rate due to covid, when we previously got much higher, I imagine we might be even more selective with whom we would rent to at that low price point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Oh I agree entirely but it's a matter of perception here.  Also there's a difference between damaged furniture for 6k a month or 60k a month. I think landlords here both Thai and Foreign expect Thai tenants to be looking for 6k properties but a white foreigner might be looked down on looking for that price range. I live in a cheap place but got it through friends who know me personally and know I am a good, friendly, quiet and cooperative tenant. I rent out 3 places in the UK so I see it from both sides.

Nah, I always rented around 5-7K in Chiang Mai, guesthouses always 5K, 2 bed house 6k, 3 bed house 7k. All were nice places, 1 month deposit.

Currently buying a new 3 bed house, 200k down, 9k/month repayments.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, I always rented around 5-7K in Chiang Mai, guesthouses always 5K, 2 bed house 6k, 3 bed house 7k.

All were nice places.

Nobody is disputing that but landlords I know in Pattaya don't want low rent foreigners. Not worth the hassle, no profit and behavior risk factor too high.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody is disputing that but landlords I know in Pattaya don't want low rent foreigners. Not worth the hassle, no profit and behavior risk factor too high.

Can't imagine Pattaya was any different to Chiang Mai.

House prices were the same, assume tenants would be the same.

Landlords would be lucky to get anyone at the moment (and for the next 2-3 years) IMHO.

I always rented 'partly furnished' houses, a bed a sofa and a fridge, nothing to damage.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Can't imagine Pattaya was any different to Chiang Mai.

House prices were the same, assume tenants would be the same.

Landlords would be lucky to get anyone at the moment (and for the next 2-3 years) IMHO.

I always rented 'partly furnished' houses, a bed a sofa and a fridge, nothing to damage.

There is the whoring and party animal factor too. Chasing around for 6 a month isnt worth it for them. Its their opinion. Its their decision. Not my decision  and not yours. But there is no comparison  between  CM and Pattaya  with regards to any aspect of life.