Immigration bust foreigners partying in Bangkok amid "Omicron" fears

webfact

On the positive side of the Newbie's post (rant), he likely has one of the highest "+" ratings, currently (+33) to # of posts (1) of any poster. FWIW: Black, White (or Caucasian), Asian, Western/European, or nationality naming conventions are what gets me by IF I have to distinguish between individuals/racial groups.

20 hours ago, Kelly Davy said:

Whoever is responsible for writing this news is a disgraced to humanity. It’s unfortunate to see a clear and blatant racism and yet people are ok with it. How is this ok “They had been servicing the dark skinned community for the last month” or this “The media in their headline as well as immigration on a vinyl board called it a party for "colored" people”. 
Are they not humans? I bet you couldn’t hide your racist views. I don’t think I have read on this platform about thais been arrested in similar gathering and been referred to as “Party of Yellow or brown people”.  This is just so wrong. 

This Is Thailand and written by Thais, they are racist to extreme, as with their vaccine rollout, Thais first any foreigners last if your lucky, they just don't give a fig its called Thainess.

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

the word “colored” is an old fashion term I remember it in the 50-60s often in written form…my parents and family members grew up on this language b/f and during the war….and yes we know there is only one war during this era…

That would be one view.

I went on a trade mission to South Africa in 1985, during apartheid. There were 3 recognised communities, Blacks, Coloureds and Whites. There were more problems between the Blacks and Coloureds than there were between Blacks and Whites.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This Is Thailand and written by Thais, they are racist to extreme, as with their vaccine rollout, Thais first any foreigners last if your lucky, they just don't give a fig its called Thainess.

I think they're entirely sensible.

Why would anyone care about foreigners?

How does it help your own nation or race?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I think they're entirely sensible.

Why would anyone care about foreigners?

How does it help your own nation or race?

Well to the best of my knowledge this was the only country that treated foreigners as unimportant when it came to vaccines, I did not say anything about helping my country, which like EVERY country in the world vaccinated people with no prejudice to any race.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well to the best of my knowledge this was the only country that treated foreigners as unimportant when it came to vaccines, I did not say anything about helping my country, which like EVERY country in the world vaccinated people with no prejudice to any race.

COVID vaccine doesn't work, why stress out about not having a vaccine that doesn't work?

(By 'doesn't work' I mean doesn't stop you catching or transmitting the disease)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I was thinking "oh you poor sensitive snowflake", but I changed my mind after some thought.  Be honest you've never been to Thailand have you ? You've stumbled across this obscure website (dad's laptop ?)  and you can't wait to throw your little "woke"  tantrum thinking you've found some racism, where in actual fact none exists. In any case, Its hard for me to imagine anybody actually being as  "offended", as you claim to be, by anything written in the above article, unless they have deep rooted psychological problems, but that isn't the case here is it ? You and your sort are not really offended at all, are you? so why do you waste your time typing that drivel? . I can think of two reasons, either you are just trolling, or, more likely, Its a pathetic attempt at virtue signalling, to show to your wokie mates how woke you are. Or a bit of both !

Just out of interest is the following statement of advice racist  " When you are in Bangkok do not buy any precious gem stones from Nigerians on street corners". Or is it just good advice ? Or how about this true story...  Among my friends there are 3 guys all called steve, so when the rest of us refer to them, in order to differentiate, we gave them nicknames  there's "lofty" steve obvious really as he's 6 foot 8 tall,  then there' s   "goldie" steve  its obvious why we call him that as he has a gold tooth, the third guy ,we just call "steve" because, well, obvious really........he's black, as the Ace of Spades (his words)

Nothing racist there as most right minded people will agree,  but i bet you are apoplectic by now, just by having seen the word "black" your sort are obliged to be offended on behalf of somebody, anybody!!   I mean, it must offend somebody somewhere mustn't it?  Well it doesn't, so keep your woke whingeing to yourself

Your sort are not welcome in Thailand, in fact if the truth be known, your sort aren't welcome anywhere really  

Well said sir!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

COVID vaccine doesn't work, why stress out about not having a vaccine that doesn't work?

(By 'doesn't work' I mean doesn't stop you catching or transmitting the disease)

I am NOT stressing out (as i am already double vaxed), STOP putting words into my mouth ! I have no time for ant-vaxers, it does work by reducing my chances of getting chronically sick and putting more strain on the health system. End of.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I am NOT stressing out (as i am already double vaxed), STOP putting words into my mouth ! I have no time for ant-vaxers, it does work by reducing my chances of getting chronically sick and putting more strain on the health system. End of.

You are clearly stressed out!

And now stressing about a 'health care' system that only wants to make money from you.

I understand Thai people only see me (white foreigner) as an object to make money from, and I'm OK with that.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

Ah yes, white farang ThaiVisa members deeming what is and isn’t racist for Africans in Thailand. LMAO. Please, have several seats. How many threads have I read on this forum from all of you crying when an article slightly mentions “Farang” and you all simultaneously write thousands of butthurt posts about leaving thailand and never coming back. But in this case, hey colored people - suck it up! Oh please. I’m an African American who was raised in Thailand from 13 years old (I’m 34 now) and you all know damn well if there was article that stated:

The media in their headline as well as immigration on a vinyl board called it a party for "pale" people. 

The patrons were from the United Kingdom, Norway, and Germany. 

They had been servicing the pale skinned community for the last month. 

you all would be up here making a big hissy fit as you always do when you experience a slice of “thai racism”. Check your hypocrisy. The article could’ve easily written African and called it a day. It is necessary to call out ignorance no matter where we are in the world. Thankfully there are forward thinking Thais who do just this, because I have seen the change from 1998 to now in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

BAME ... ????  actually had to google that.  All inclusive was too offensive.

If you are interested in such language:

From 'The Democrat problem with Latinex'

"There’s a reason terms like Latinx and BIPOC and ‘birthing persons’ are created and then manage to populate so many institutions at once. For cultural progressives, being on the cusp of the newest trends is mandatory; it’s the social-justice version of ‘keeping up with the Joneses’.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/12/14/the-democrats-latinx-problem/

38 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Not something I’d be proud of

No, you would not,but after under sufferance of having to carry the can (more) than somewhat for the likes I assure you its ingrained. I always knew what they were about/capable of, in my employment ,it pisse.d me off to having to go the extra distance to cover for them, kept well away from giving evidence,white lawyer ripped them apart

In UK Labour we see Butler,Abbot,Lammy,the other one found guilty,plus the night time driving queen they cannot help themselves,all up to no good,cannot help it

Even starting off,those early days,having them parachuted into night school,holding everything and anything up to get the basic understanding,impossible

Now we see BT are using positive discrimination to get the workforce up to 25% ethnic,easy to figure where the ethnic mix is coming from,disaster on stilts.

Take SA ,blacks,blackmans country, have to head up any company,by law. Right,can see where thats left them,right in the s.hit pan.  Could go on and on and on,cry me a river,that is the way it is

2 hours ago, Soichampion said:

i racism”. Check your hypocrisy. The article could’ve easily written African and called it a day. It is necessary to call out ignorance no matter where we are in the world. Thankfully there are forward thinking Thais who do just this, because I have seen the change from 1998 to now in Thailand. 

Is that correct?,Id call it facts, undisputed facts    To ignore the overwhelming evidence of the capability of the mentioned must be viewed as ignorance of the worst kind   

Forward thinking Thais?  yeah right  LOL

1 hour ago, fredscats said:

No, you would not,but after under sufferance of having to carry the can (more) than somewhat for the likes I assure you its ingrained. I always knew what they were about/capable of, in my employment ,it pisse.d me off to having to go the extra distance to cover for them, kept well away from giving evidence,white lawyer ripped them apart

In UK Labour we see Butler,Abbot,Lammy,the other one found guilty,plus the night time driving queen they cannot help themselves,all up to no good,cannot help it

Even starting off,those early days,having them parachuted into night school,holding everything and anything up to get the basic understanding,impossible

Now we see BT are using positive discrimination to get the workforce up to 25% ethnic,easy to figure where the ethnic mix is coming from,disaster on stilts.

Take SA ,blacks,blackmans country, have to head up any company,by law. Right,can see where thats left them,right in the s.hit pan.  Could go on and on and on,cry me a river,that is the way it is

If any of this made any sense at all I could form an opinion but all I see is a lot of disconnected rambling.

4 hours ago, Soichampion said:

Ah yes, white farang ThaiVisa members deeming what is and isn’t racist for Africans in Thailand. LMAO. Please, have several seats. How many threads have I read on this forum from all of you crying when an article slightly mentions “Farang” and you all simultaneously write thousands of butthurt posts about leaving thailand and never coming back. But in this case, hey colored people - suck it up! Oh please. I’m an African American who was raised in Thailand from 13 years old (I’m 34 now) and you all know damn well if there was article that stated:

The media in their headline as well as immigration on a vinyl board called it a party for "pale" people. 

The patrons were from the United Kingdom, Norway, and Germany. 

They had been servicing the pale skinned community for the last month. 

you all would be up here making a big hissy fit as you always do when you experience a slice of “thai racism”. Check your hypocrisy. The article could’ve easily written African and called it a day. It is necessary to call out ignorance no matter where we are in the world. Thankfully there are forward thinking Thais who do just this, because I have seen the change from 1998 to now in Thailand. 

Pale people meaning Thais that dont ever let the sun see their skin! 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:50 AM, BritManToo said:

That's like claiming car seat belts don't work when worn by rear seat passengers so why bother using them as they don't stop people dying in car crashes.

No vaccine, ever made, stops you getting or transmitting the disease so no vaccine has ever worked. 

Now do you understand how ignorant your claim is. All widely used vaccines do work as intended although some are better than others at reducing the effects and transmission of various strains of covid. 

If people don't want to get vaccinated I am not too worried as long as they are taking other precautions to reduce the chances of catching and spreading covid. What I hate is when BS claims are used to justify their views. Why don't they just tell the truth? If someone is scared of some,  as yet unknown, side effects then just say that - we all are. The difference is most people have the courage to put others first and realise there is a chance of dying from covid. 

And as for seat belts - I always encourage all passengers to wear a belt as they do work - AS INTENDED. 

Edited by chang1

26 minutes ago, chang1 said:

And as for seat belts - I always encourage all passengers to wear a belt as they do work - AS INTENDED. 

I don't use a seatbelt or crash helmet, unless going somewhere known for 'police checks'.

I don't agree with your 'No vaccine' blah blah.

I had polio, tetanus, whooping cough and yellow fever vaccines and never caught any of those.

I'm not allowed to post what diseases I think I have had, as I was never tested for them, and my posts get edited to remove 'unsupported claims'.

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

It's not the pale skins but the Africans breaking all the laws, doing constant scams and thuggish behaviour. So you won't find any articles highlighting the "paleface crime scourge in Thailand".

Sorry to burst your bubble but palefaced people can be every bit as bad. Maybe a smaller percentage of them though which probably varies depending on which country they are from.

Also you need to take into account what resources people came with such as money and their education. 

I doubt crime is a career choice. More likely the only way to survive here. 

Skin colour is not a good way to judge someone's character but when combined with local knowledge can help.

How many of us would be more wary if approached by an African in that area than a paleface? Totally racist I know but it is reality given the reputation of that area.

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't use a seatbelt or crash helmet, unless going somewhere known for 'police checks'.

I don't agree with your 'No vaccine' blah blah.

I had polio, tetanus, whooping cough and yellow fever vaccines and never caught any of those.

I'm not allowed to post what diseases I think I have had, as I was never tested for them, and my posts get edited to remove 'unsupported claims'.

Assuming you are in Thailand, why would you not take some basic safety precautions in one of the most dangerous countries to drive in? Don't you like living and not having to feed through a straw? The police are the least of my worries there. Compared to here in the UK, Thai roads are horrendous. I have seen what they do to people. During almost every trip, I hear of someone I know who has been hospitalized and one who was killed. I had 2 years off work when my bus driver fell asleep at the wheel and turned the bus over onto its roof crushing my leg. A few feet further over and I would have drowned in the water we stopped in. 

How can you say you never caught any of those diseases? I can just as easily say the same, as I have never (knowingly) had covid. Vaccines prime your immune system to quickly react when you get infected. This means you may never know if you caught them or not as vaccines don't do anything until you actually do catch the disease. 

Helmets, seat belts and Vaccines are all preventative measures they don't stop things happening or rebuild you if things do happen. They all prevent or reduce the harm to yours and/or other people's bodies. 

In what way do you disagree with my "no vaccine blah blah"? And why? If you can give me some good information I'm perfectly willing to consider it but I warn you many have tried giving me stupid information before and then don't like hearing the truth. Normally they quote something that is based on facts which are then extrapolated into complete nonsense. 

Edited by chang1

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

Also you need to take into account what resources people came with such as money and their education. 

Aha! So how did pale skinned people end up with more money and more education?

Does it have anything to do with superior work ethic, respect, studying harder, saving money, prudent investing, healthier habits, a love of science and art?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chang1 said:

In what way do you disagree with my "no vaccine blah blah"? And why? If you can give me some good information I'm perfectly willing to consider it but I warn you many have tried giving me stupid information before and then don't like hearing the truth.

I don't give out information, I only post my opinions.

14 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Does it have anything to do with superior work ethic, respect, studying harder, saving money, prudent investing, healthier habits, a love of science and art?

No,some have two genes less

On 12/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, BritManToo said:

I don't give out information, I only post my opinions.

Opinions that can't be backed up are worthless. Unfortunately, many people believe worthless Opinions especially when repeated enough times.  This is why so much rubbish is put out about covid on YouTube. If more people scrutinised what they were being told and dug Into the facts and sources they would have a much more accurate view of things.

Trump was a master at telling people what they wanted to hear without any facts to back up his claims. By the time the facts get out the debate has moved on. Biden on the other hand fails at it miserably - saying things like GM is leading the change to EVs when everyone knows it is Tesla means no-one will ever take him seriously as the facts are so obvious.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, tubby johnson said:

You missed out education and opportunity, these are what allow the rest to flourish.  I was thinking more about the individuals involved rather than their countries history and how it shaped their culture. We were all cavemen and only relatively recently has education changed how we live. 

I can't explain why countries develop in different ways as it is a huge subject but we can all see the different opportunities available to people in our own country yet alone other countries.