AZ to be main vaccine for unvaccinated, Pfizer used as booster for those with two AZ jabs

webfact

2 hours ago, ozfarang said:

First and second AZ in Australia. 

Pfizer booster Tuesday 14 Dec, passport and Thai drivers licence requested for identification. Picked up vaccination certificate 16 Dec, Photharam local hospital vaccination centre. No appointment was necessary

No side effects to date, so good to go until the next booster?

Don’t forget your MOPH Covid Pass now… WHO Yellow Vax Book….getting mine 21DEC from Patong Govt Hospital, my Booster provider.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So have they actually put this in writing and are they ding the boosters at 3 months as stated in an article last week? inquiring minds want to know?  Will the location you obtained the 2 AZ vaccines be scheduling the boosters or are you on your own to find a site and show them your vaccination certificate? Article leaves a lot out of what the actual terms and conditions are except for who jabbed with what already gets what booster vaccine.

Likewise, I got 2x AZ shots near my home which are both registered on the Mor Prom app.

Will they notify me when I'm due for a booster or will it be all up in the air again, and some new registration app.

Not sure what the official waiting time is after a double dose of AZ before a booster can be administered?

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So have they actually put this in writing and are they ding the boosters at 3 months as stated in an article last week? inquiring minds want to know?  Will the location you obtained the 2 AZ vaccines be scheduling the boosters or are you on your own to find a site and show them your vaccination certificate? Article leaves a lot out of what the actual terms and conditions are except for who jabbed with what already gets what booster vaccine.

I live in a rural area not far from Buriram. I got my first 2 shots at the walk in vaccine centre (stadium) in Buriram. We were told today that the entire village is booked in for the 20th to a nearby small hospital for booster shots. (Pfizer or moderna) So not the same location in my case. You might have to organise the booster appointment yourself in other areas though I'm not sure.

First one sinovac second AZ, yesterday booster AZ , Udon Thani well organised next week i will add the third dose to my Vacination passport . The only reason i new where to go was being informed by a Thai lady . Central Plaza first two vaccines yesterday University near Udon police station .

As usual, somewhat confusing infos.

Mid of nowhere isaan, wife got first AZ, was told for 2nd shot Pfeizer.. but instead got Moderna.

Funny enough, cos that stuff was not long ago supposedly for hard cash only, then for booster after SinoVac....now looks given as 2nd shot for those last in line countryside.

My 3rd shot isn't due until February, but not sure if really much in rush, if supposedly a new omicron resistant vaccine in the making...and good old first gen vaccines aren't much a protection against that.

34 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Don’t forget your MOPH Covid Pass now… WHO Yellow Vax Book….getting mine 21DEC from Patong Govt Hospital, my Booster provider.

I'm sending a copy of my Thai booster certificate to my GP in Australia and he will upload it to the Australian Immunisation Register and I will then have a Vaccination certificate with all 3 doses issued by the Australian government.

No need for the Thai vaccination certificate

58 minutes ago, Chaichara said:

I can understand the concerns of expats wishing to get some reliable information. I'll never understand however why Thai Visa forums in all the 15 years I've followed them (I don't post much) are so full of conjecture, misinformation, and general BS, much of which causes people to worry unnecessarily even more.

No appointment, no waiting, walk-in vaccinations in the government clinics in the remotest sub-districts with a choice of at least 3 vaccines, and absolutely free. No visas required (the staff don't even know what one is), just a passport or national ID card for filling out the certificate.

I was first quoted ฿2,500.00 per jab at Bangkok Hospital, and to queue for an hour. Why not take a nice drive out of the city to a quiet little town or tambon like I did.

If you don't want a situation like the UK's total chaos  - OK, so they are one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, but they have one of the highest mortality rates per capita, but what an administrative mess - get yourselves done today.

Pfizer Thai vaccination cert.jpg

So very true. It's often just misconception, gossip and hearsay. Same with visas. I stopped counting the times that I've read that people stuck in Thailand supposedly are in trouble now while in reality it's been rather easy to stay for as long as you can afford it. This is thailand. Things are always possible as long as you're willing to look around. I don't get why people want to scare others. I bet they're usually here on a cozy yearly retirement visa not knowing about the whole plethora of alternatives. 99% of times people get in trouble here is because they won't look and thus won't find the solution. In my experience there's always a solution. I'm here, years before I turn 50, not having left the country for almost 2 years with another year starting soon.

It's probably the same type you get to see at immigration. You know the ones who always bring the Thai wife and despite all these years still don't have a plucking clue about necessary paperwork. Always holding up the line, often making a fuss. Every visit takes me 5 minutes max without the waiting. It's all too easy really.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

So very true. It's often just misconception, gossip and hearsay. Same with visas. I stopped counting the times that I've read that people stuck in Thailand supposedly are in trouble now while in reality it's been rather easy to stay for as long as you can afford it. This is thailand. Things are always possible as long as you're willing to look around. I don't get why people want to scare others. I bet they're usually here on a cozy yearly retirement visa not knowing about the whole plethora of alternatives. 99% of times people get in trouble here is because they won't look and thus won't find the solution. In my experience there's always a solution. I'm here, years before I turn 50, not having left the country for almost 2 years with another year starting soon.

It's probably the same type you get to see at immigration. You know the ones who always bring the Thai wife and despite all these years still don't have a plucking clue about necessary paperwork. Always holding up the line, often making a fuss. Every visit takes me 5 minutes max without the waiting. It's all too easy really.

Yet you still talk of a "yearly retirement visa."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TimBKK said:

To compare Ivermectin with any of the thoroughly tested and extensively used vaccines is disingenuous at the least.  Guessing you know this as well, but post just to wind people up.  Silly.

It was I believe sarcasm....

1 minute ago, TimBKK said:

The lowest form of wit, someone once said…

Not quite if that's what you believe, try the whole quote and not a slice.

The complete Wilde quote, to my reading, neatly flips the first part over: “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.” Ironic that only the first part is ever quoted.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

<deleted> hell, they really are just making this <deleted> up as they go. Talk about winging it! They should just mix them all together to make one vaccine then give everyone 2 shots, and be done with it.

Christ almighty old mate IvorBiggun2 has just had one of each different type cocktail why dont you..

Fan of Lily the Pink then?

Edited by overherebc

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My local hospital told me I couldn’t get my booster until 6 months after my second AZ which I had at the beginning of October and that was last week they told me when I was at the hospital to ask why they hadn’t been out to give my neighbour his 2nd jab as he is housebound it seems tge keft hand does not know what the right hand is doing 

7 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

My local hospital told me I couldn’t get my booster until 6 months after my second AZ which I had at the beginning of October and that was last week they told me when I was at the hospital to ask why they hadn’t been out to give my neighbour his 2nd jab as he is housebound it seems tge keft hand does not know what the right hand is doing 

I would check again as my local hospital has changed the 'window' to 3 months only yesterday. I had a Moderna booster yesterday. That option now appears to be unavailable next year. Your window for a booster, based on the above info, is open from January 2022.