Lazada vs Shopee -Poll Also payment -Poll

redwood1

Online shopping poll  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Shopee tends not to show multiple ads from the same seller for the same product.

Actually they change names from "abdc23nb" to "badc32bn".  Find both systems full of same overpriced products from sellers that have never made a sale - just hoping for a fish to bite.  Some help if you find a specific name/model and then search just that and sort low price to high.  Also check how many sales seller has made as often they are selling at a fair price and that is why they have many sales.

16 minutes ago, snowgard said:

I buy from Lazada & Shopee. But I prefer Lazada because it's easier to send things back. It is picked up at home and does not cost anything. At Shopee, the buyer has to pay the return shipping costs and take the package away himself.

Hmmm, I returned for free on shopee when they sent the wrong item. Just went to the designated carrier. Lazada is more flexible though, offers both the possibility to choose carrier and pick up. 

I always search both but find cheaper price on Shopee 80 - 90 percent of the time so I buy there. 

Edited by MikeyIdea

5 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Hmmm, I returned for free on shopee when they sent the wrong item. Just went to the designated carrier. Lazada is more flexible though, offers both the possibility to choose carrier and pick up. 

I always search both but find cheaper price on Shopee 80 - 90 percent of the time so I buy there. 

You're right. They changed the return policy. I not checked it in the the last 2 years and bought only items where nothing can't be wrong.

-----------------------------------

Shopee will support return shipping to all types of stores. (General Store, Recommended Store and Mall) with different details according to the return channel

Returns can only be sent once your return request has been approved.

• Like 1

One irritating thing with lazada is that they deliberately refuse to tell vendor to remove incorrect advertising, I have hard evidence of this. Got scammed and lazada supported my return all the time until the minute I told them they're not allowed to return my money until the incorrect advertising is corrected. They immediately rejected my return even though they clearly ssw that the factory size sheet sent with the goods was different from the one advertised and informed the vendor to return the goods even before the 24 hours I had to respond expired and refused to discuss further ????  The product is still advertised incorrectly. 

Now that is cheap 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

I found Shopee to take too long on delivery - order to door....

Only COD when I order - still have cash stuck in Lazada's wallet from orders the sellers dropped....

Probably at 90%+ Lazada versus Shopee....I will cross check  against the other on items that I am unsure of what a reasonable price is....

I'd rather shop locally - Thailand available over feeding China's engine but they're avoiding disclosure of origin... With Shopee there's little doubt of origin....

I've been fooling around with Lazada for 3 days trying to access funds in my wallet. Now a foreigner can access the wallet where previously you couldn't. When I called they said simply apply to activate your wallet...thats where the fun began..still trying

• Like 2

I got scammed there several times too. But everytime I got my money back easy. 

And they do really nothing against it. I hope the new rules for ecommerce what will coming in the next months will change a lot. Like "one item = one price" advertising!!! 

• Like 1

Another thing really stopping me from using lazada is that they only send OTPs when you buy for large amounts via their payment system. Shopee has recently changed this and I always get OTPs from their payment system, also for miniscule amounts. This I see as a huge disadvantage for lazada and advantage for shopee. Just remember a few months ago when thousands of people were scammed and didn't know until they got the statement. This cannot happen from the shopee payment system any longer. 

I would never save my card though, just enter the details again when I buy. Shopee saves the card details automatically but I just remove a minute later. Shopee only charge one baht the first time a card is added, they don't charge after that 

Edited by MikeyIdea

As i previously posted , my item has been shipped but there is no Delivery agent or tracking number shown.

Just contacted Lazada Customer Service ( ha ha ) they could not tell me why it has happened or if it will happen again.

Just " very sorry "

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

if you get the wrong item or it doesn't work,  trying to get a refund is a nightmare with Lazada & Shopee.

I've received a faulty product on Lazada a couple of times,  one was the electric cord started smoking as a wire inside almost exposed, and the other was an item that didn't work as it was suppose to. Both times the vendor didn't have a new item to send.   I received the wrong item from shopee, refund approved, but you need a wallet which I don't have,  and now they want my bank account details, bank book photo copy etc .....   which i'm very reluctant to give out especially to Shopee.   

... hm, strange, just the other week I added my local bank account at Shopee's (and promptly received a refund) because I'm not interested in a wallet or Shopee Pay or whatever they may call it.

Did it via the webpage - IMHO their app is cra* which rhymes conveniently - and all I needed was a 13digit ID as it didn't accept passport no. but worked fine with the pseudo ID# from my vacc certificate, LOL ... then if I recall there was an OTP sent to the associated mobile phone for confirmation and that was about it ...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, siamike said:

Really wish the poll had included eBay as they have become my first choice.  Although eBay is not always the cheapest option, I find that most of the time they are.  As others have already mentioned, shipping time is also important, and over this past year I've become frustrated with both Lazada and Shopee sellers that indicate the item I want is located in Thailand, but all too often the delivery takes a month or more, suggesting to me the product was most likely ordered from China.  Also, most eBay sellers provide a tracking number and always provide a delivery window of time, and if your parcel fails to arrive on time, eBay guarantees to refund your money.  

Anything I've ordered of quality from ebay has not gotten to me for the past 5 years.....

All the minimal stuff zips right through....

Somebody's got a house full of quality stuff or a thriving resale enterprise going....I gave up & stopped using ebay....

1 hour ago, MikeyIdea said:

Another thing really stopping me from using lazada is that they only send OTPs when you buy for large amounts via their payment system. Shopee has recently changed this and I always get OTPs from their payment system, also for miniscule amounts. This I see as a huge disadvantage for lazada and advantage for shopee. Just remember a few months ago when thousands of people were scammed and didn't know until they got the statement. This cannot happen from the shopee payment system any longer. 

I would never save my card though, just enter the details again when I buy. Shopee saves the card details automatically but I just remove a minute later. Shopee only charge one baht the first time a card is added, they don't charge after that 

If you pay COD it never will be a problem without OTP. ????

But so or so if you login from another phone or pc used as normaly, you will get a OTP from Lazada if you login.

Edited by snowgard

12 minutes ago, snowgard said:

If you pay COD it never will be a problem without OTP. ????

But so or so if you login from another phone or pc used as normaly, you will get a OTP from Lazada if you login.

Yep, correct but I don't worry about someone logging in, i have no payment details stored anyway. I worry about being charged without knowing until a month later. 

Cod is safe for those who have time for it, it is not possible for me, I can't just sit at home and wait just because I order things. 

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually they change names from "abdc23nb" to "badc32bn".

Yes, I mean you can see the ads are identical and obviously from the same seller.  The fact that Lazada allows multiple listings from what is obviously the same seller is a disservice to shoppers.  It clutters the listings with constant repetitive ads making it laborious for buyers.  When I sort from low to high and see pages after pages of the same item I get frustrated and stop shopping and go to Shopee.  

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good poll that, well thought through, usually people set them up and the choices are poor

that's the type of poll Prayut should use instead of his fake "super poll"  555

13 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes, I mean you can see the ads are identical and obviously from the same seller.  The fact that Lazada allows multiple listings from what is obviously the same seller is a disservice to shoppers.  It clutters the listings with constant repetitive ads making it laborious for buyers.  When I sort from low to high and see pages after pages of the same item I get frustrated and stop shopping and go to Shopee.  

Shopee has the same multi named sellers in my experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

It can take a hour to just order one thing because of the multiple listings....Plus checking shipping price, plus reading reviews, sometimes going to Amazon for some more in depth reviews....etc

• Like 1

I just bought a home in Thailand. Needed lots of items.  I prefer to pay  by credit cardI have no problem using my credit card at HomePro or any where else. Oddly Lazada credit risk service K Bank red flags my credit card. I get it un-flagged and a few purchases later it’s blocked yet again. Over and over (blocked only by Lazada). It Visa card or Pete’s sake.   Each time they ask me to provide my passport a photo of my credit card, a bank statement. It was easier buying s house! I will no longer beg them to allow me to shop with Lazada. Lol

3 minutes ago, SteveAZ said:

I just bought a home in Thailand. Needed lots of items.  I prefer to pay  by credit cardI have no problem using my credit card at HomePro or any where else. Oddly Lazada credit risk service K Bank red flags my credit card. I get it un-flagged and a few purchases later it’s blocked yet again. Over and over (blocked only by Lazada). It Visa card or Pete’s sake.   Each time they ask me to provide my passport a photo of my credit card, a bank statement. It was easier buying s house! I will no longer beg them to allow me to shop with Lazada. Lol

Is that a local credit card?  Have not had any issues using my US Chase Visa card - but have my Thai address as residence with Chase.

46 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Shopee has the same multi named sellers in my experience.

It has some, you might see 4 to 6 listings from the same seller.  On Lazada you might see 50 or 100 so I get tired of scrolling through the pages looking for the next listing. 

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I have noticed on Lazada, that even though I carried out a search, after I purchased an item sometimes a better offer comes up! ????

Yes indeed - often happens to me also - no rhyme or reason that I can find.  But another reason to use Google to search when you have specific items of interest.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Only Lazada, COD.

Seller ratings are something I check rigorously before making my selection. 

I only use Lazada because there is no one else, they are still a dreadful lot. And trying to understand Shopee's website put me right off.

• Like 1

Shopee has improved considerably and now easily rivals Lazada.    I like the payment option of ibanking on Shopee and also their follow up messages for articles purchased . Shopee Mall , the return policy are also really good .

The one thing that bugs me is the search information in English as it comes blank more so than the search facility in Lazada.

Each has its own merits as some products are more available on Lazada than Shopee and vice versa . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

With Shopee even though you select English it still shows lot's of stuff in Thai only so for that reason Lazada is much more farang friendly

If you use browser translate to English on first page display it is much better and seems to hold it quite well.  I use Chrome but believe other browsers also have translate options.  Have used that method since before Shopee even had an English option.   

• Like 2