Thailand may cancel Test & Go due to Omicron: Anutin

webfact

Why would anyone actually say this? It just causes angst to those who have already booked their trips to Thailand and will convince others planning such a trip to put it off yet again.

Speculation like this (and from a Deputy Prime Minister) won't help Thailand at all. And Anutin calls himself a wannabe Prime Minister!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

Why would anyone actually say this? It just causes angst to those who have already booked their trips to Thailand and will convince others planning such a trip to put it off yet again.

Speculation like this (and from a Deputy Prime Minister) won't help Thailand at all. And Anutin calls himself a wannabe Prime Minister!

Too true, but I suspect a domestic audience is the only one being considered.

• Like 2

A bigger question that a few have posed on here as well in a few other OP's is what happens to the already issued and Approved QR codes?  Will they honor them, or cancel them out of the system if they drop the Test N Go.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People that have been waiting around for entry until "things get easier" will probably be SOL.

Especially those that say they will not come until the insurance requirement is dropped.

Sorry, experts are now claiming the situation may actually never go away.

The insurance requirement will remain forever I bet and just get more expensive.  It is what they always wanted to do anyway.

So, maybe time to decide as things do not seem they are going to get easier and it could be now or maybe never entry for some.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Given how transmissable Omicron is, it sounds like other passengers on the plane would have caught it from these arrivals.

Which means it's already here (unless they quarantined the whole plane including the crew).

Either way, it seems inevitable that Test & Go will be scrapped within the next few days. I'm glad I didn't go home for Christmas now...

A plane arrived in Auckland NZ a few days ago with one covid Omicron discovered, they were transferred by charter flight, to Christchurch MIQ.

Now there are 13 cases associated to that flight, tomorrow maybe 20/30, all in MIQ, but they do not know yet if this escaped into the community, my bet is it has, and it will escape MIQ, as Delta did from Auckland MIQ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A bigger question that a few have posed on here as well in a few other OP's is what happens to the already issued and Approved QR codes?  Will they honor them, or cancel them out of the system if they drop the Test N Go.?

Indeed the question.

2 hours ago, xr399 said:

Each subsequent variant becomes weaker than the previous one, it may be more infectious, but the seriousness of the disease symptoms are diminished. Considering original had just over 1% death rate, yes I'd agree. Better to catch it and have lifetime immunity superior to any "vaccine" than risk the considerable  chance of one of the serious adverse reactions to the vaccine.

So you are talking chikenpox!? Nobody get lifetime immunity from covid! Many has had that 2 times in row already! Waiting third!

Edited by 2 is 1

7 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

I have Thai pass and go for 9th January and hotel for one night, will they change it so we have to quarantine and still allow entry. I suppose we have to wait and see.

I'm arriving this week (Friday 24th) into BKK on test & go, fingers crossed I might just make it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand could be about to cancel its Test & Go scheme due to concerns over the Omicron variant of COVID-19, Thailand’s Minister of Public Health, Anutin Charnviraku

TAT's just got the scapegoat.

now you know, why we cant meet the 20mill tourists for 2022!

29 minutes ago, thisisrascal said:

<deleted>, Omicron is no more severe than a bad cold. The world needs to stop overreacting to this variant. 

People are in hospital because of it.... some it is not the primary reason, true.

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

No it's not. Lets keep things in perspective :

image.png.76fc030f62a6c0158fee2063e7e2e73e.png

COVID in the Omicron form appears to be between 3 and 5 when it's doing its worst in a population with no previous exposure to that variant so there are far more transmissible viruses out there and as you can see COVID is at the lower end of the scale here.

If it was spreading like Chickenpox or even Measles then there would be a far worse problem.

This fast enough for you?

• Like 2