Do you like this cold weather ?

toofarnorth

I'm so happy to see the temperature drop to 20C.  I have no problem with the Thai people being cold at this temperature, but if you're from Europe or N. America (excluding SS Texas and SS Florida.), this is not cold. I don't care how many years you've been here.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Watched this morning as the Hi So Thais were wearing their puffy jackets, and fake fur caps while wearing their Uggs.....laughed as I walked by them in the car park at Mega Bangna wearing my Dress shorts and Polo shirt.

Dress shorts???????????? surely a safari suit and pith helmet would have preferred attire?

• Haha 1

Turns out about 8 years ago I developed Cold Urticaria, it is as dangerous an allergy as that of say bee stings or peanuts.. Now I find myself in a hoodie if it ever gets below 25C. If it ever were to get below 10C I would not leave the house without an Epipen.

So, not loving cold but mornings in Pattaya have dipped to 24ish by the time I am up and my office is always 27+. Even then I can be spotted in my office with the fans off and a hoodie on some mornings.

20 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

what cold weather.......go to quebec.....alberta....winepeg.....chicago......mongolia

NOW there is cold !!!!

never been there, but received a message from a friend who is Vancouver at the moment. He says it's -43*  Now that's cold.

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Maybe down south and some place starting woth P it is warmer than here .   Your thoughts .

Nakhon Pathom west of BKK the lowest it's been so far about 2-weeks ago was 21.5C at night.

This week 24C at night 34C during the day.

Toasty.

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

Dress shorts???????????? surely a safari suit and pith helmet would have preferred attire?

The closest I've got to dress shorts are a couple of pairs with the netting still slightly intact thereby preventing my Plums rolling out when i sit down ????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

The closest I've got to dress shorts are a couple of pairs with the netting still slightly intact thereby preventing my Plums rolling out when i sit down ????

So cold in the shade today my plums have gone into hibernation somewhere above where they usually are.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I'm so happy to see the temperature drop to 20C.  I have no problem with the Thai people being cold at this temperature, but if you're from Europe or N. America (excluding SS Texas and SS Florida.), this is not cold. I don't care how many years you've been here.

Been here 39 years and haven't spent a winter in Europe or any country in colder climes since I was 19 so it is certainly chilly for me. But what really gets me is the lower humidity at this time of the year that leads to my skin drying out and looking bloody awful. Were I to be back in the west, I'd probably look like a leper every winter.  

Great!

Electrical bill 20%-30% cheaper.

I don't have to change my shirt 3 or 4 times a day if I'm working outside.

Pleasant evenings.  I notice in Issan during hot season it almost feels hotter at night because there's barely any breeze.  It can be stifling.

Enjoy it now it doesn't last long.

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Got down to 18 C here in BKK last night, slept with the sliders open and the screen doors shut to keep out any unwelcome bugs, felt very nice.  Glad to have ceiling fans as well that help when we sleep.  No aircon running for the past few days in the house except from about 3pm to 7 pm as the sun runs down the sky on our side of the building.  Right now its 26 C, should be down to 19C tonight.  Makes for nice workout weather in the early morning as well, keeps me from sweating during my run in Lumpini.

Wow, I lived 4 years in Bangkok and never saw the temperature dropping below 20 C - at the coldest possible i.e. sunrise on a "winter" day.

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I would like this cold weather if the air wasn't that darn polluted.

Yes wanted the windows open this morning here in Sathorn, but the PM 2.5 is 167, and I can barely see past the next set of buildings.  They know they have a problem, yet the hundreds of condo builds going on 24 hours a day are allowed to continue kicking up the dust and sheite into the air.  It gets even worse when the roadways get loaded up with cars.  Had to use Visine in my eyes last night and this morning ...ugh.

On 12/21/2021 at 2:08 AM, TigerandDog said:

never been there, but received a message from a friend who is Vancouver at the moment. He says it's -43*  Now that's cold.

You're friend is pulling your leg, It's never been -43 in Vancouver. Ever.