Talk back radio stations

georgegeorgia

Does Pattaya have any talk back radio stations...that is where callers ring in to talk to the announcer about News topics & current affairs etc instead of just music stations ?

If not I think it would go great either in Bangkok or Pattaya to have a morning talk back farang  radio station say 9am to 12pm 

12 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Can't you just imagine all the TVF experts on the radio and the host trying to get them to shut up?

Well I would expect one at a time, a cut switch and 10 second delay! If they can handle it in the USA, here should be easy! Problem is defamation rules!

• Thanks 1

I think it's a great idea!! I think broadcasting how many of us feel about Thailand and the Thai people will foster a new level of understanding and cooperation between expats and the Thai population. 

We should try and think of a good name for it.  I propose  "I am stupid and want the whole of Bangkok to know it"   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I think it's a great idea!! I think broadcasting how many of us feel about Thailand and the Thai people will foster a new level of understanding and cooperation between expats and the Thai population. 

We should try and think of a good name for it.  I propose  "I am stupid and want the whole of Bangkok to know it"   

Fair point.... if anything goes on like we see here on this Forum........

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, MrJ2U said:

Not many people listen to radio.

Its all about streaming.

Spotify, Pandora, etc.

Premium Tune-In is live radio app. Radio stations from all over the world.  It's 3,000 baht a year.

I like AccuRadio, huge choice of music genres and no ads. Plus it's free.

• Like 1

The modern day equivalent is local Pattaya youtubers doing live streams. There are 3-4 of them that do it and get pretty big audiences.

Discussions, viewers comment, ask questions etc. Its probably more open and free discussion than commercial radio.

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

So do I, excellent.

I alternate with LBC as I cannot stand Zoe Ball. But I find it strange when the current presenter tells the audience to switch over to a Podcast there & then.  Does that mean he/she thinks the current program is no good?

On 12/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, sirineou said:

....I will go over like a lead balloon ????

Bitter hate filled anti Thai rants in tortuous incoherent English? What's not to like?

And we could listen to the hang and flog em brigade and their views on LadyBoys, druggies and prostitutes..

It could have a special long distance slot for all those who don't live here but are obsessed with getting 'ripped off' for 10 baht years ago or having to buy a ladydrink..lol

The OP has a point.

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Is it the 'real' Emperor Rosko though?

Oh yes. Must be in his late 70s now. His Saturday lunchtime show plays some great oldies. Also has a C&W show which is pretty good and I am not really a big fan of the genre.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I like AccuRadio, huge choice of music genres and no ads. Plus it's free.

I'll check it out.

I like Spotify Premium because of the playlist feature and podcasts.  I travel a lot and the podcasts really help pass the time on the road.

Its super cheap in Thailand's.

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Are those apps?

You can go to say the BBC Sounds website, press AltF, go to the right hand side, Apps, and install the site as an app with a Shortcut on Desktop or Start or Taskbar as you want. It works for ant website, radio, bank whatever. Works a treat for me on Windows 11.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Went down hill fast when Wogan passed. 

Radio 4 Today prog, then off......... 

I like music, a bit of chat & updated UK news + one man doesn't make a radio station IMO, the TV doesn't go on until much later so I can do jobs about the house while listening radio.

34 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You can go to say the BBC Sounds website, press AltF, go to the right hand side, Apps, and install the site as an app with a Shortcut on Desktop or Start or Taskbar as you want. It works for ant website, radio, bank whatever. Works a treat for me on Windows 11.

It'll work on an Android phone?