Test and Go: Tourists who received QR code can still enter Thailand

webfact

19 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The crazy thing is that they banned arrivals from Southern African countries due to omicron while allowing arrivals without quarantine from the UK which has far more omicron cases.  A case of racism combined with greed, as tourism from Southern Afica is insignificant. 

Omicron will take off in Thailand after the New Year for sure.

Totally agree with this.

It's insanity that they've been letting in people from Europe under the T and G system with the situation there.

I also find it crazy that they're allowing the Phuket Sandbox option to continue with the same people from Europe, it's inevitable what's goint to happen.

Although it's what nobody wants surely the most controlled way for entry into Thailand is quarantine for all arrivals....however much that sucks!

6 hours ago, Paulypoo said:

Omnivron spreads rapidly, it is in Thailand  already and will become the dominant strain very quickly - regardless if more outsiders bring it.

Similar to the UK where Omicron is now dominant - infected tourists entering the UK will have no effect on the spread of the virus.

Please reread what you have written. Infected people spread the virus whether they are locals or come from abroad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gr3g said:

Even in so called first world countries, your average hard working folks don't give a **** about all the media hype and this virus anymore as they have other, more pressing issues in daily lives already.

Which makes the antivax claim that Bill Gates has inserted microchips in vaccines so ridiculous!

What's Bill Gates going to learn from the average Farang?

How many Changs they can drink in one session?

Where the best soapies are?

C'mon. 

You don't have any secret knowledge that he's interested in. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You made a baseless attempt at insulting other forum members on a topic discussing the entry to Thailand............fail

No, my comment comes from my observation of what some groups/individuals posting here continue to advocate for, everytime there's covid related topic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Just for information, I had one done in 6.5 hours in Mexico city last month. 

What State is that in? South Texas? They are doing them in less than 6 hours in Chiang Rai. How does that help the poor guy trying to get one done in less than 72 in the States to get back here?

8 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally agree with this.

It's insanity that they've been letting in people from Europe under the T and G system with the situation there.

I also find it crazy that they're allowing the Phuket Sandbox option to continue with the same people from Europe, it's inevitable what's goint to happen.

Although it's what nobody wants surely the most controlled way for entry into Thailand is quarantine for all arrivals....however much that sucks!

Insanity is putting all these restrictions on international arrivals, while millions and millions of unvaccinated and untested people inside the country are free to do what they please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And here I thought you folks hated scaremongering, but nope 1 story comes out and you post away spreading the fear against your previous views.  However, there is an interesting take in the article which proves my point of being safer flying first class. Read the whole article to see exactly where you possibly, and I said possibly would be more likely to be infected and when while flying.

https://hotlifestylenews.com/world-news/risk-of-catching-covid-three-times-higher-on-a-plane-since-omicron/

He also warned those in economy class were more likely to catch Covid on a plane compared to those in business class, because the seats are more closely packed together.

But he said passengers were as, if not more, likely to catch Covid inside terminal buildings compared to planes, due to ‘much more stringent airflow rules’ for commercial aircraft.

Mr Powell said passengers were as, if not more, likely to catch Covid inside terminal buildings compared to planes, as rules on airflows are ‘much more stringent’ on commercial aircraft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

What State is that in? South Texas? They are doing them in less than 6 hours in Chiang Rai. How does that help the poor guy trying to get one done in less than 72 in the States to get back here?

Sister and family, who are vaccinated, just were tested and the results returned in 12 hours in Palm Springs, California, before they traveled to Hawaii for X'mas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And here I thought you folks hated scaremongering, but nope 1 story comes out and you post away spreading the fear against your previous views.  However, there is an interesting take in the article which proves my point of being safer flying first class. Read the whole article to see exactly where you possibly, and I said possibly would be more likely to be infected and when while flying.

https://hotlifestylenews.com/world-news/risk-of-catching-covid-three-times-higher-on-a-plane-since-omicron/

He also warned those in economy class were more likely to catch Covid on a plane compared to those in business class, because the seats are more closely packed together.

But he said passengers were as, if not more, likely to catch Covid inside terminal buildings compared to planes, due to ‘much more stringent airflow rules’ for commercial aircraft.

Mr Powell said passengers were as, if not more, likely to catch Covid inside terminal buildings compared to planes, as rules on airflows are ‘much more stringent’ on commercial aircraft.

Some personal thoughts from an expert shared on his own change in habits and travel:

Would I travel for X-mas? In US, yes. Omi still minority of cases in most places, planes safe, no guarantee next X-mas will be safer. Wear N95 for whole flight, minimize eat/drink time. To Europe: no, risk of Om is too high, and bureaucratic nightmare to return if positive.(19/25)

Would I dine indoors? Not anymore, even tho SF has v. low case rate and 80% 2-shot vax rate. But cases will start climbing soon (& fast) & indoor dining not worth risk to me. Outdoor dining: fine for now. Crowded event (sports/concert): not for me at this point.(20/25)

Would I do indoor shopping or work? Yes, but my rule is to wear N95 (or equivalent) in all indoor spaces unless it's a small group that I'm certain is fully (3 shot) vaxxed, & I know all would stay home if feeling sick. Otherwise, mask stays on in indoor spaces.(21/25)

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:06 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I am one of those who have not left Thailand yet, will leave in a few weeks and then return in February, but already have applied and been approved for my Test N Go QR code.  Hotel has even confirmed, based upon the news yesterday, by e-mail everything is still in place for my return.

yes but remember where you are things changed at the whims of these clowns be careful..what you have been told today is not always what will happen tomorrow but good luck mate 

• Thanks 1

I thought I had scheduled testing for my family only to be told when I double checked that it was a first-come first-serve clinic for COVID testing. I drove by the clinic to see where it was and there was a line formed outside in the cold, I asked the lady at the end of the line if she was waiting to be tested. She said she was and that the wait was 3 or 4 hours.

My wife helped me find another location where appointments were available and prepayment ensures that the test will be administered. The results are guaranteed within 24 hours and are specifically intended for travel which required providing passport numbers. I scheduled the test for this Friday at 2:00 pm. They depart on Sunday at 11:00 am.

I dreaded the possibility of them not getting tested in time. I’m relieved to know this should no longer be an issue. Now I have to hope that they all test negative.

• Like 1

It's obvious that the 200,000 who already registered with touch and go will be less infectious when they arrive than those who haven't and that the large numbers of fEuropean and American omicron carriers are more better than the relatively small numbers of African carriers who are banned completely. What brilliant clear thinking and planning by the Thai government.

4 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Insanity is putting all these restrictions on international arrivals, while millions and millions of unvaccinated and untested people inside the country are free to do what they please.

No don't see that at all, makes no sense. 

The virus has arrived from outside, not conjured up in a Thai rural village.

I've just checked in at Heathrow. They wanted to see absolutely everything - Thailand Pass, PCR test, vaccination certificate, hotel booking for test and go, and insurance certificate. A repeat of everything for the TP application itself. Anyway no issues, hopefully a smooth experience awaits at BKK too.

• Like 1

In the past when there was vaccines for TB, Polio, Diphtheria, Small Pox etc,  Do you think that there were as many people who

refused to get their vaccine shot?  I doubt it. Many people remembered how so many died in the 1800 from the

diseases back then, so there may have been less idiots, who thought that they could just get sick and have immunities built

up.

Common sense is not that common.   Voltaire.

8 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I've just checked in at Heathrow. They wanted to see absolutely everything - Thailand Pass, PCR test, vaccination certificate, hotel booking for test and go, and insurance certificate. A repeat of everything for the TP application itself. Anyway no issues, hopefully a smooth experience awaits at BKK too.

OF course they want to see everything - thanks for confirming that.  

I hope that everyone's trip goes very well - I personally wouldn't go because the chances of being quarantined with this variant is too high for my blood.  I hope that everyone has prepared for every eventuality.

If you end up on a gofundme page I reserve the right to laugh and laugh and laugh at your lack of planning or common sense.  

Wish I could go!  ;(

Edited by Blumpie
  • Confused 1

On 12/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I am not desperate, just returning home here in Bangkok after flying outbound to clear up some personal business and no it's not a holiday nor a vacation.

Well Bangkok is your home....so of course you are desperate to return!

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:49 PM, Stargeezr said:

In the past when there was vaccines for TB, Polio, Diphtheria, Small Pox etc,  Do you think that there were as many people who

refused to get their vaccine shot?  I doubt it.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Those are diseases dangerous for young healthy individuals, it would be foolish to refuse vaccines against them. While covid has a chance (still a very small chance) to kill only older/sick/fat (read: unhealthy) people. Healthy people have no more reason to vaccinate against it than against flu. Not everyone fails at math and logic to blindly trust what TV tells them to do.

• Sad 1

On 12/22/2021 at 2:58 PM, JonnyF said:

So they're going to let Omicron in AND destroy tourism. Either do it properly or don't do it at all. Letting 200,000 people in before tightening things is mad. It will be too late by then.

I'm happy for those who get to avoid quarantine, but this is a case of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. In fact it's even worse than that, it's knowing that the horse will bolt, waiting until he does so, and then closing the door. 

Reality! Omicron is spreading like wildfire in Thailand, that Newspaper said yesterday 43% off BK cases we’re omicron. Meanwhile Germany is trying to mandate vaccination and punish the unvaccinated

Jumping Joe Biden is  bringing the military in

But in SA it’s totally displaced Delta and now the omicron curve is descending and people who have had omicron are showing natural immunity, the hospitals weren’t under strain and very low numbers needing oxygen, looking like a massive panic problem in Europe , however SA don’t seem to be worried Delta’s had the boot it seems and hopefully it will be all over in another 3 months, let’s hope so 

• Like 1