Just over 100 Omicron cases detected in Thailand to date, more tests underway

snoop1130

49531042877_e86ca079f2_c-768x654.jpg

Photo: The US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) confirmed today (Wednesday) that Thailand has detected a total of 104 Omicron cases to date, while 34 more COVID-19 infections among Test & Go arrivals have been found.

Dr. Sumanee Wacharasint of the Disease Control Department said most of the Omicron cases are already receiving treatment, while others have recovered.

182,578 travellers have arrived in Thailand this month, with 10,759 arriving just yesterday (Tuesday). Among them are 9,479 people who arrived under the “Test & Go” scheme, 34 of whom tested positive for COVID-19 upon arrival. 1,140 people arrived under the “sandbox” scheme, two of whom were found to be infected and 140 entered quarantine, of whom three are infected.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/just-over-100-omicron-cases-detected-in-thailand-to-date-more-tests-underway/

Logo-top-.png

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm for free choice, but that does not mean your free choice should cause chaos in others lives without some sort of recompense

I like the politician who compared this to drinking alcohol. Yes it’s a personal choice to drink alcohol, but when people then get in a car and put other people at risk, they get arrested. The unvaccinated should be banned from all public spaces.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It might be reasonable for Thailand to stop testing for Omicron and let it run wild. 

But vaccinate as quickly as possible. 

Vaccination doesnt stop it. You cant let run anything wild. It has been done before and resulted in failure in countries like Sweden. Controlled exposure is key.

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

There’ll be thousands with it. Like a highly transmissible cold, it’ll be everywhere. If you tested everyone in the country, millions will have colds, flu and c19 with the new variant. Accept it and move on. 

Had an email from my brother in the UK yesterday.. he said infection numbers for Omicron have now reached 90,000 daily.

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It might be reasonable for Thailand to stop testing for Omicron and let it run wild. 

But vaccinate as quickly as possible. 

That’s what the Brits are doing. Hope Thailand can do 1 mil boosters a day…and finish off first and second doses while they are at it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

It's in the UK news today - from a front line health worker - that 9 out of 10 people in hospitals are UNVACCINATED and the rest those have compromised immune systems. We can no longer be held hostage to unvaccinated people.

Time to get tough with these people and start billing them, or get Boris to tell them you will be taken off life support if a vaccinated person comes in after you and needs the same treatment.

I'm for free choice, but that does not mean your free choice should cause chaos in others lives without some sort of recompense

From one reliable person "front line health worker"? 

Can you please give aa link as it is contrary to everything I've read. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, daveAustin said:

There’ll be thousands with it. Like a highly transmissible cold, it’ll be everywhere. If you tested everyone in the country, millions will have colds, flu and c19 with the new variant. Accept it and move on. 

Adopt the Australian protocol of living with Covid and only stopping using lockdown to try and control it

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's a slippery slope though isn't it? What's next? Refuse treatment for Smokers? Drinkers? The obese? Those who take no exercise? Those who eat nothing but junk food?

Maybe we could have a points system like China's social credit system where you get good citizen points for doing exercise and buying vegetables. Points deducted for buying a bottle of wine or a burger. If you don't have enough points, you get refused treatment. 

image.png.fa93edf4b75733a0e91bbbe57c731a92.png

Nah, it's all a bit Brave New World for me.

Totall agree, the un-vaccinated should get preferably treatment, after all they do us all a favor by getting sicker and dying faster!

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

All the doctor knows is what they see in their hospital, which is a small sample. 

https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/vaccination-status-deaths-and-hospitalisations-report

Here's a bit more actual data "than a small sample".

Better to be vaccinated or unvaccinated?

Can't believe you even made that post.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uli65 said:

it will never stop, the covid panicker are addicted to their imbecile fear

If you don't fear a virus that has killed 5 million people worldwide, then perhaps your risk assessment is a bit off. 

I try to avoid diseases that require intubation for weeks in millions of cases. 

Edited by Danderman123

On 12/22/2021 at 8:04 PM, hotchilli said:

Had an email from my brother in the UK yesterday.. he said infection numbers for Omicron have now reached 90,000 daily.

And likely several times that many walking about asymptomatic with no clue they're infected

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

All the doctor knows is what they see in their hospital, which is a small sample. 

According to Worldometers, 90% of those over 12 yo in UK, have received at least a single vaccination. I guess that leaves 5 million or so to fill up these ICU units.