Thailand Confirms 205 Omicron Cases

Jonathan Fairfield

28 minutes ago, thaiman said:

Omicron, of course.  It can land you 14 days in quarantine!

If they want tourist to come they better make quarantine free with dancing girls, other wise why would they come. They would just stay back home, and stay for a few days quarantine in their own home.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Wow. You just won’t let go of that bone will you? Those 90,000 have all had at least 2 doses of quality vax and most have probably had a booster as well, the risk associated with that is much smaller than your constant diatribe would have us believe.

“Most have probably had a booster”. Who are you, Mystic Meg?

The risk to health may be smaller but the impact of one couple already slipping through T&G, in Kalasin, shutting down schools, bars, restaurants may be nothing to you. It may  mean something to those affected with kids and/or trying to earn a living, so maybe think of others people that matter before posting your own selfish diatribe. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

DMS Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak said the Delta variant remains the dominant strain in Thailand, with genetic sequencing of samples from international arrivals and the local population from the past week showing 732 Delta cases and 142 Omicron cases. Alpha and Beta cases were no longer detected.

That will be the random testing that was talked about yesterday then would it ?

35 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Yip.

Pity some people can't understand this and try and deflect from Thailand's pitiful vaccine campaign.

Ten months only 60% double jabbed and 7% boosted.

Anything but pitiful. Their vaccination rates (fully vaccinated with 2 doses's) exceeds vax rates for Asia, Europe, the World and now exceeds USA and many other countries and FYI compare  Thailand's recent data of new daily case rates (7-day rolling) of covid infection for context. Thailand's covid mgmt performance is good all things considered.

coronavirus-data-explorer-16.png

Edited by catturd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

For everyone to know,  if I get sick with a cold or so, I will not under any circumstances go and test myself in Thailand. Better just to stay home and watch Netflix ????

Byt the way, my throat hurts and have been hurting since 2 days ago. But otherwise I feel great, fit for fight

And here is a link to a study that Omicron ain't that bad.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/hospital-stay-risk-omicron-is-40-45-lower-than-delta-uk-study-2021-12-22/

I just got over a sore throat and a cough the sore throat lasted about 4 days still have sinus problems but I attribute it to the air pollution 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, catturd said:

Anything but pitiful. Their vaccination rates (fully vaccinated with 2 doses's) exceeds vax rates for Asia, Europe, the World and now exceeds USA and many other countries and FYI compare  Thailand's recent data of new daily case rates (7-day rolling) of covid infection for context. Thailand's covid mgmt performance is good all things considered.

coronavirus-data-explorer-16.png

LOL.

And an abysmal testing rate.

Note you left that bit out.

Maybe educate yourself about how many daily tests are done in Thailand.

Ignorance is bliss as your post illustrates.

Your easily pleased if you think Thailand's

vaccine procurement and roll out has been a success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

“Most have probably had a booster”. Who are you, Mystic Meg?

The risk to health may be smaller but the impact of one couple already slipping through T&G, in Kalasin, shutting down schools, bars, restaurants may be nothing to you. It may  mean something to those affected with kids and/or trying to earn a living, so maybe think of others people that matter before posting your own selfish diatribe. 

Test and go is nowhere near the risk that sandbox is, sandbox customers can be unvaccinated. If airlines only let on those fully vaccinated, any chance of transmission will be as low as it can get without stopping all international travel. 

Edited by ourmanflint

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Yip.

Pity some people can't understand this and try and deflect from Thailand's pitiful vaccine campaign.

Ten months only 60% double jabbed and 7% boosted

16 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

LOL.

And an abysmal testing rate.

Note you left that bit out

Silly me, I didn't know that "vaccine" and "testing" were the same thing, but do tell us how that became to be in your mind.

3 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Test and go is nowhere near the risk that sandbox is, sandbox customers can be unvaccinated. If airlines only let on those fully vaccinated, any chance of transmission will be as low as it can get without stopping all international travel. 

No it’s not,  but 2 wrongs don’t make a right and the current situation in Kalasin shows the potential impact that could occur. 

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, catturd said:

Silly me, I didn't know that "vaccine" and "testing" were the same thing, but do tell us how that became to be in your mind.

Thailand fails on every metric.

Vaccine rollout, testing, slow procurement of vaccine.

Furlough support for businesses and workers.

Waiting for a cheap price for vaccines but then Delta changed that.

If your happy with their performance, that's great.

Your new forum friend has been waiting for a bit of support. He doesn't understand or like facts either.

Great forum name by the way.

Very apt. 555.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thailand fails on every metric

Like what, cheap, easy words, but what metrics? Show the metrics, then we can discuss.

Ah, nevermind. I don't want to be "bashing" away at you.

Edited by catturd

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe when they test the first sample provided they check it for the genomic qualities of Omicron etc...and return it within 24 hrs.  They are able to do this elsewhere, why not here.

Why would they do it here?  Thailand is bigger than Omicron....Anutin told us so....does that not reassure you?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe when they test the first sample provided they check it for the genomic qualities of Omicron etc...and return it within 24 hrs.  They are able to do this elsewhere, why not here.

Probably would cost them an extra 40 baht.

So 10s of thousands infected and they way they are crowed in Chiang mai we will all have been infected  by end of next month. If you don't believe keep a rapid flow test next to your bed. 

Edited by arick