Who got a Thai Pass wrongly

There must be more than just me, who's willing to admit it lol

I was right in the middle of changing travel dates when they announced the immediate suspension of Thai Pass. So with 3 hours to go before the suspension deadline, I applied for new hotel dates but got no response for confirmed booking.

Out of desperation, I applied for Thai Pass with email for initial hotel booking as I ran out of time. Massive surprise to me I got Thai Pass 30 hours later ????

note: I'm all legal with everything booked now, but how did I get a Thai Pass lol

Probably shouldn't say anything lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

i arrived last night and overheard people being questioned about T & G, depending on where you're arriving from i think an unplanned hotel stay may be i order.

I got two weeks quarantine regardless but i think a few people got somthing different than expected.

I have Thai Pass QR code, I'm sure I'll be fine ????

24 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The main point is, you can load up any document you like as long as it's a jpg file, and your Thai Pass will be accepted apparently lol

Certainly not true, a friend who had a blurred scan for her insurance was rejected. She is trying to rectify it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pics of what exactly?

As i said i was signed up for 2 weeks, i heard many converstations of hotel bookings being questioned.

Make of it as you wish, i really don't care.

You must be an unvaccinated individual then

• Like 1

my application for pass got rejected because of NO RECEIPT FOR PCR PAYMENT.

but the web site does not mention anything about this receipt as "required document".

soi had to do the whole process yet again, because THERE IS NO WAY TO UPDATE an existing

application.

than i could not complete the payment for the PCR !! the web site www.thailandpsas.com does

not work properly !!

i contacted the hotel AND they also could not do it...they contacted the support team of that

web site and after few days - too late for my flight  -  i got an email from the support team that "Now the website is back to normal please book again 

https://www.thailandpsas.com/

Best Regards
Phuket City Development Team
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

He maybe somewhat correct. When I did one for my Thai wife  I somehow miss spelled her name at the start. Everything else was fine. She got her Pass in less than 10 minutes with her name spelled wrong so I did it again with the correct spelling and and again 10 minutes. I think some are just pushed through and looked at later. Mine took 10 days

18 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

my application for pass got rejected because of NO RECEIPT FOR PCR PAYMENT.

but the web site does not mention anything about this receipt as "required document".

soi had to do the whole process yet again, because THERE IS NO WAY TO UPDATE an existing

application.

than i could not complete the payment for the PCR !! the web site www.thailandpsas.com does

not work properly !!

i contacted the hotel AND they also could not do it...they contacted the support team of that

web site and after few days - too late for my flight  -  i got an email from the support team that "Now the website is back to normal please book again 

https://www.thailandpsas.com/

Best Regards
Phuket City Development Team

I got accepted without PCR booking for Phuket. It was not even asked by the application. Any idea how long the booking confirmation for PCR tests in Phuket takes to receive?

6 minutes ago, stat said:

I got accepted without PCR booking for Phuket. It was not even asked by the application. Any idea how long the booking confirmation for PCR tests in Phuket takes to receive?

well, last time i tried to pay on line on www.thailandpsas.com was friday, and before that thursday and wednesday. my hotel also tried, hard, to pay for it, from thailand, for me and for other customers. the website just did not work properly and spent our precious time, every time with another error / glitch!!

Screenshot (37).png

Screenshot (39).png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed, some applications are being approved faster, but we cannot sit here and research a web site and learn how it is designed just because we want to...fly to thailand ??

Seems good reason to postpone travel plans. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems good reason to postpone travel plans. 

INDEED i consider it now. another risk is that the PCR test will be positive, and than i will have to get into min. 14days expensive hospital quarantine - on my account !!!

this is the email i sent today to the support team of www.thailandpsas.com:

so you let thousands of people using the web site while you are still
working on it?
did'nt you think to let the people know, in a short message, that
the WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION?
we are trying to book flights and hotels and need the PCR receipt for
the thailand pass, everyday is important, and your BAD WEBSITE is
blocking everything !!
at least YOU COULD TELL US THAT THE WEB SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION,
so we will not WASTE OUR PRECIOUS TIME !!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

INDEED i consider it now. another risk is that the PCR test will be positive, and than i will have to get into min. 14days expensive hospital quarantine - on my account !!

Indeed. 

Not sure about the insurance coverage on this.

Personally I was just talking with Thai partner regarding the new variant and fact that it's very contagious.

It certainly would be possible to aquire that at the airport for departure or even on flight.

What occurs if positive test days later. 

I had a trip planned back to Oz (Jan or Feb) to catch up with family that have not seen for 2 years now..

That has been firmly put on the back burner. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

even on flight

This is by far the biggest risk at present.

If you have the means to fly biz class you can limits exposure the best, ie at check in / lounge / seating config on plane / acess & egress to the plane.

Does not make you 100% safe but certainly much much safer than travelling cattle.

7 hours ago, robblok said:

What is there to explain, 1 day quarantine but must come back to some point to do 7 days of tests. That was how it was explained to her by the people of Thaipass. So you're not locked up or anything as she selected a hotel in BKK for one day. After that she can come home and just has to visit the testing center for the next 6 days. Bit annoying but better as being in quarantine for 7 days.

I wonder if what your GF was told is that she needs to be tested once after 7 days - not every day for seven days. I say this because this is the requirement for everyone entering Thailand on the Test & Go Thailand Pass currently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you have the means to fly biz class you can limits exposure the best, ie at check in / lounge / seating config on plane / acess & egress to the plane.

Does not make you 100% safe but certainly much much safer than travelling cattle.

'Cattle' passengers were still well separated on my economy flight and cabin crew using very purpose designed masks (wish I had some) and wearing fitted full clear goggles to protect against entry of virus through the eyes (hostie mentioned they come in various lense strengths and/or lense strength made to measure very quickly where needed. Hosties wearing gloves and I noticed they changed their gloves continuously.

All passengers were boarded and deplaned strictly by rows.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

'Cattle' passengers were still well separated on my economy flight and cabin crew using very purpose designed masks (wish I had some) and wearing fitted full clear goggles to protect against entry of virus through the eyes (hostie mentioned they come in various lense strengths and/or lense strength made to measure very quickly where needed. Hosties wearing gloves and I noticed they changed their gloves continuously.

All passengers were boarded and deplaned strictly by rows.  

That's good but in such an enclosed space for such a long period of time it's still inevitable if one person is contaminated that the virus will spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donx said:

I wonder if what your GF was told is that she needs to be tested once after 7 days - not every day for seven days. I say this because this is the requirement for everyone entering Thailand on the Test & Go Thailand Pass currently.

Could be that i misunderstood that, not going to stake my life on it.

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That's good but in such an enclosed space for such a long period of time it's still inevitable if one person is contaminated that the virus will spread.

How true, and all the more reason for all countries to be super cautious about who can enter the country and some continued checking on arrival etc.

Changing the subject a little, what I don't buy is the notion that because it seems Omicron is a little less dangerous all the precautions can be totally absolutely be abandoned.

Seems to me there's now enough experience with Covid- 19 to forecast that there will likely be more variants. More dangerous/less dangerous? Nobody knows.

• Like 1

We handle plenty of cases like this.

You will be fine as long as you physically have all supporting documents with you at the time of your arrival.

If anyone is in a situation where they need something revised our team can help (date change, delayed approval, re-submission due to rejection, ...).

https://www.facebook.com/aq.in.th/reviews

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I flew from KUL to the UK last September and Qatar cattle-class was all that was available. Both flight sectors rammed 100% and Doha was getting busier as the morning layover progressed. Coming back to BKK, I opted for Finnair but paid the extra for front-of-the-bus although it seemed to be maybe only 80% full in coach.

With the super-infectious omicron taking over, the planes and airports must be a regular petri dish by now. The same social distancing rules and deep-cleaning procedures haven't been changed for omicron as they can't really adjust for something that's maybe four times 'bigger' but still invisible.

• Like 1

I'm in the exact same situation as the original poster. I applied for a Thailand Pass Test and Go at 5 pm on the day they announced it was ending. I'd completed the sandbox twice before so I had the insurance document, a vaccination QR, and my flight was booked. But all I had to prove I had a hotel booking was a generic auto-email confirmation. I did not have a PCR booking since in Phuket that can only be done 40 days in advance and my arrival is early Feb. 

Yet I was approved 3 hours later at 8 pm.

I plan to have hard copies of all of the documents when I travel and will hope for a one day Test & Go instead of a Sandbox stay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donx said:

My son just landed in Narita en route to Bangkok. He said he, his mom and sister each had a row of 3 seats to themselves. He reports there were many empty seats.

Me thinks 'many empty seats' is no surprise.  No surprise at all........

22 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, last time i tried to pay on line on www.thailandpsas.com was friday, and before that thursday and wednesday. my hotel also tried, hard, to pay for it, from thailand, for me and for other customers. the website just did not work properly and spent our precious time, every time with another error / glitch!!

So you managed to pay in the end and got the needed document? Can others confirm that it is not possible to get the required confirmation? Thank you! What are my odds to get the docs within 24 Hrs?

Transportation needs to be booked via hotel or via the PCR website?

Thanks!

Edited by stat
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, stat said:

What are my odds to get the docs within 24 Hrs?

what docs do you mean?

if it is the proof of payment for the PCR than i guess it should be immiditely,

but i don't know for sure because i could not make it.

if you mean the PASS approval itself, well they say you wil get an answer between 3-7 working days. in my case it was allways in the very last day.

that is why i did not try yet another time, because my flight is leaving soon and

i am affraid i will not get the thailand pass on time, what a mess !!

the big loss is for thailand and it's businesses, because i am sure that many

potential visitors gave up on trying after this PCR payment mess.

so because they insist on pre-payment of PCR test, because they have zero confidence

in "farang", they will lose millions of dollars.

this 2 tests payment is 4200 baht - but the business they lost only from those few

days of WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION is worth millions, i am sure !!