What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, recom273 said:

My autodownloader finally managed to find the first 4 episodes The informant, one of Wills recommendations and I started to watch it last night, looks good, Attila, from the golden life features in it, another classic from HBO Hungary.

Then I started Tokyo Vice - Looks really good, based upon a book, based around a true story - You can tell Michael Mann directs, all handheld camera, unusual angles - he's a master.

I caught Jackass forever last weekend, I didn't think it was so bad, I grew up on the series, so was OK to watch with the wife, who appreciates that slapstick style. I just thought it was just good infantile humor and stunts. The bear scene at the end was pretty intense. Went on 30 mins too long tho'

Anyone seen The Cane Field Murders? Some things upcoming, Better Call Saul S06 on Tuesday and Mayans S05 on Wednesday of this week. Next month, Tehran S02 and maybe, El Marginal S05.

Do you mean The Cane Field Killings AKA Reyka?

I started it but it didn't do it for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching the latest version of  Why didnt they ask evans by Agatha Christie, seems ok ,glad to see that its inclusive and has a black person in the 1950s village in Wales ,also i noticed one walking in the street.just waiting for a non binery, " they" to appear. 

How do you make a Black Russian--?

Ask the BBC to do a remake of Doctor Zhivago

Edited by oxo1947
  • Sad 1

Probably been listed already maybe the funniest series I have ever seen:  After Life on Netflix with Ricky Gervais.

I am not English, but I love this guy always hilarious hosting award shows.

Amazing genius writing and humor on this series cutting edge stuff just the best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Probably been listed already maybe the funniest series I have ever seen:  After Life on Netflix with Ricky Gervais.

I am not English, but I love this guy always hilarious hosting award shows.

Amazing genius writing and humor on this series cutting edge stuff just the best.

Have a look at bloopers on YouTube.

They're hilarious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The new version of Death on the Nile was quite entertaining, and some magnificent phtography.

Sorry i gave this one a try a few days ago ,it was about the worst remake ever

But as you say for the part i watched the scenary was great

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching the latest version of  Why didnt they ask evans by Agatha Christie, seems ok ,glad to see that its inclusive and has a black person in the 1950s village in Wales ,also i noticed one walking in the street.just waiting for a non binery, " they" to appear. 

Possibly a case of mistaken identity............they were miners on their way home from the coal mine!!!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Watching Tokyo Vice at the moment. Brilliant series!

I must thank @Will27 for the recommendation.

PS But I suggest that it maybe be only suitable for grown ups, as one episode (sofar) depicts inter-racial sexual relations.

But plenty of racism - I loved the expression on the bosses face when he met the new interns, "<deleted>? who let the white boy in here, get him out" "

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Inter- racial sexual relationships and marriages are no problem in modern times,i just get cheesed off when they try to depict them in the 1950s villages etc in rural Britain its changing history just totick a box.

Really?

Jeez, none of us would've known.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another Michael Connolly character is coming to streaming. He also created Harry Bosch. 

The Lincoln Lawyer

Netflix Series

May 13, 2022

10 episodes

(I liked the 2011 film.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au06yHMuMGc

BTW here's that BCS poster...to me it looks like "Gene" (black & white) either taking off, or putting on a "Saul" jacket.

9g6fey469lm81.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 8:57 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just wstched dinasours the final day with Richard Attenbugh , its all about when the asteroid hit the earth 65 billion years ago and wiped them out  i really enjoyed it  got it on,PB.

Thanks. Watched and enjoyed

The demise of the dinosaurs was also covered in this very popular (6.5M views) YouTube documentary

• Like 1

Million Pound Pawn.

Enjoyed this one.

Summary: Three-part documentary series lifting the lid on the world of pawnbrokers and their customers. There's no way of knowing who will be walking through the pawnbroker's door next or what their valuables will be.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, xylophone said:

I watched an absolute gem of a little movie last night, called, "The Siege of Jadotville" and it was about an incident in the Belgian Congo, where a battalion of soldiers from Northern Ireland were fighting on behalf of the UN, against Belgian mercenaries backed by the Belgian government and large mining companies.

The movie was expertly done, with great acting and battle scenes, and the only actor I recognised was Mark Strong, although every other actor in the movie was excellent.

The movie also included the part where Dag Hammarskjöld was travelling to the Congo to try and broker some sort of peace – – won't tell you the rest, but what I will tell you is this movie is well worth seeking out. Available on: 1337x.to  

I watched "The Siege of Jadotville" last night. I really enjoyed it, it took me back in time to when I was a kid. It brought back a lot of details I had forgotten and filled in the gaps, thanks.

• Like 2

Trust No One: The Hunt for the Crypto King

Netflix Doco  1h 30 min Rarbg  I found it a fast paced Doco, everyone wanted to be in Crypto, but for some the process was a little beyond them. The private wallet-the key to access it in hexadecimal - or 64 characters -  Like (E9873D79C6D87DC0FB6A5778633389_SAMPLE_PRIVATE_KEY_DO_NOT_IMPORT_F4453213303DA61F20BD67FC233AA33262) So why not put it with a company that you could check on or instruct them to move (cash in) anytime by using your own private password.  Lots of twist and turns-not the ending I expected.

_SA