What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

21 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

There is a Thai torrent site that has a lot of Western content with both English soundtracks with Thai subs, and Thai dubbed soundtracks and English subs.

Not sure about English TV series, but worth a look.

You need to subscribe (it's free) to sign in and download content.

I can't say much more without tripping over the Forum Rules, but have a look for "tt-torrent".

OP - Many thanks but I dont know how to use torrents

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

OP - Many thanks but I dont know how to use torrents

The Torrent Guide for Everyone

Peer to peer file sharing is just an efficient way of sharing files, therefore is absolutely legal.

Unless you use it to download copyrighted content... which is infringement of individual property rights and is illegal.

Our Forum Rules also mentions illegal file sharing of copyrighted material, which is why direct links are not permitted and will be removed if posted.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:30 PM, Jai Dee said:

I'm not sure if this documentary series has been mentioned before but I think it's brilliant.

A dinosaur nature show narrated by David Attenborough.

All 5 episodes are available in formats up to and including 4K on RARBG.

I've just binge watched this series and thought it was excellent.

Ten percent is the English  version of the French  series  call my agent.

Beautiful  views of the streets of London but it plays out like a mockumentary W2 style combined with Ab fab. An insight into truly  dreadful people- lacking humour this is about horrible  people, in a horrible  business.

7 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Really enjoying The Man Who Fell to Earth series.

Just finished watching Episode 5.

I am really surprised series only scored 6.6/10 on IMDb ratings.

Maybe us Sci Fi fans have very low expectations.

The Man Who Fell to Earth (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

Real sci-fi is so rare these days that people don't know how to appreciate it anymore. All they want is the Marvel nonsense with overly simple plots and lots ot explosions. 

I'm looking forward to the Amazon Prime series currently under development based on  the Ringworld books by Larry Niven. I hope they do it right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watched the new series of stranger things,really enjoyed it when they were kids in the original series ,just gave up halfway through the second episode of latest series where they have grown up,to be blunt ,its rubbish.

Have to agree. Season 4 doesn't seem as good as previous seasons. Episode 2 got a bit wokey when a new character had to announce she was a lesbian. Would've been nice if they'd had a review of what had happened previously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Have to agree. Season 4 doesn't seem as good as previous seasons. Episode 2 got a bit wokey when a new character had to announce she was a lesbian. Would've been nice if they'd had a review of what had happened previously.

Have you watched a tv series made recently,that doesnt have a mixed race couple,a same sex married couple or a gay person in it? It just wont happen,its a way of convincing the young generation its the new normal,my grandaughter is 13 and 2 girls in her class are now non binery, she reckons they think its very " in" .

Welcome to the new world lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I watched the latest Batman movie last night, box is still broken and waiting for a new one, so watched it on the tablet, very good, highly recommended.

Got through 40 minutes and that was a struggle.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:40 PM, Jai Dee said:

There is a Thai torrent site that has a lot of Western content with both English soundtracks with Thai subs, and Thai dubbed soundtracks and English subs.

Not sure about English TV series, but worth a look.

You need to subscribe (it's free) to sign in and download content.

I can't say much more without tripping over the Forum Rules, but have a look for "tt-torrent".

OP - Thanks for the suggestion unfortunately I don't know how to use torrents and know my old brain is too slow

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I wouldn't watch it again.  Some of it was good, but most, just mediocre than anything else.  If anyone gives it a pass, you're not missing much.  If you need to kill 2 hours, and have nothing else.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Horses for courses, I enjoy a couple of hours escapism in the form of that genre movies, I may not enjoy what you consider to be essential viewing, each to their own ????

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Horses for courses, I enjoy a couple of hours escapism in the form of that genre movies, I may not enjoy what you consider to be essential viewing, each to their own ????

Agree, thankfully there are a multitude of choices available to us. 

Currently  watching pretty good drama about the making of the Godfather called 'The Offer'. Good mis en scene, casting, costumes, music and suspense. Interesting  premises behind the narrative  regarding the degree ofbMafia involvement in the production- takes a few liberties but who cares. A compelling  drama