What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Watched all of these recently and was most disappointed:

Halo                     Don't know what to make of it but its all over the place with more wokeness than story line

Grace                   First series were very good, this new one is very slow and meh

Better call Saul   made it to episode six of the new series, it is so slow with all kinds on irrelevant side plots.

Everything everywhere All at once   made it only half way through this mess,  incoherent dialogue, irrelevant flashbacks,  how did it get such a high IMDB rating.

Maybe I was just spoilt watching Yellowstone

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, CatCage said:

Watched all of these recently and was most disappointed:

Halo                     Don't know what to make of it but its all over the place with more wokeness than story line

Grace                   First series were very good, this new one is very slow and meh

Better call Saul   made it to episode six of the new series, it is so slow with all kinds on irrelevant side plots.

Everything everywhere All at once   made it only half way through this mess,  incoherent dialogue, irrelevant flashbacks,  how did it get such a high IMDB rating.

Maybe I was just spoilt watching Yellowstone

The 'irrelevant ' plot lines in BCS are leading to Breaking  Bad I think...such as the German  in the  forest..

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, sanuk711 said:

No I dont mate---I was really hopping for something to replace "Slow Horses" ..... the write ups were quiet good.

I should probably move away from IMDB....I vote on it & have got used to the lay out, but their ratings are sometimes way off.

Wiki is far superior

On 4/12/2022 at 8:41 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Today I watched the first 2 episodes of Lonesome Dove season 1. Very good IMHO. Worth a look if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096639/

BRILLIANT!!! SERIES  OF BOOKS..THE TV series was very well done. Excellent.  The book series  is a quartet  I think and there  are a few film/ TV productions such as Steets of Laredo. And a prequel  I think

On 4/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, recom273 said:

My autodownloader finally managed to find the first 4 episodes The informant, one of Wills recommendations and I started to watch it last night, looks good, Attila, from the golden life features in it, another classic from HBO Hungary.

Then I started Tokyo Vice - Looks really good, based upon a book, based around a true story - You can tell Michael Mann directs, all handheld camera, unusual angles - he's a master.

I caught Jackass forever last weekend, I didn't think it was so bad, I grew up on the series, so was OK to watch with the wife, who appreciates that slapstick style. I just thought it was just good infantile humor and stunts. The bear scene at the end was pretty intense. Went on 30 mins too long tho'

Anyone seen The Cane Field Murders? Some things upcoming, Better Call Saul S06 on Tuesday and Mayans S05 on Wednesday of this week. Next month, Tehran S02 and maybe, El Marginal S05.

The informant? Which  one? The documentary,?

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The 'irrelevant ' plot lines in BCS are leading to Breaking  Bad I think...such as the German  in the  forest..

Yup .. you need to be on the ball to notice the little things - last episode they visited a vets, in the little black book there was a. business card for the vacuum cleaner shop that is the front for "moving people" - I think this was from El Camino.

Djavolskoto Garlo AKA The Devil's Throat

TPB

Summary: Although at first it is not clear why a corpse emerged from the river, it is such a strange crime, gradually gathering around the body some suspicious facts such as the lack of traces, the eyes of the sheep instead of the human and, in addition, the blind Mohammedan referring to the Devil. The victim is not a casual person but involved in a refugee channel.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Yup .. you need to be on the ball to notice the little things - last episode they visited a vets, in the little black book there was a. business card for the vacuum cleaner shop that is the front for "moving people" - I think this was from El Camino.

Yes I noticed the vacuum  cleaner  card

• Like 1

Professor T

- Like Midsomer Murders or Morse with hints of Monk except set in Cambridge not Oxford.

Castles In The Sky

- In a way similar to The Dish without the Aussie humour but stars Eddie Izard.

Edited by VocalNeal

On 5/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, SpaceKadet said:

Today (19/5) is the last episode of season 1 of Halo. Sci-Fi TV series based on the famous game.

Quite watchable. IMO, if you're into that genre. The only thing that spoils it for me a bit, is that the humanity in 26th century, while having FTL space ships, still use ICE vehicles running on rubber tires and AK-47 (what a resilient rifle surviving 500 years!), while the aliens have some real kickass gear. Otherwise, I think the story and FX are very good. Have downloaded the game, see how it compares to DOOM.

Nothing compares to Doom.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roger101 said:

Nothing compares to Doom.

Totally agree!

I have started playing Halo (BTW, the latest Halo Infinite, it's free to play on Steam), and really, nothing beats DOOM for the sheer ferocity of the gameplay. Nothing better to relax to after a hard day's work.

Still, I like the Halo TV series. It's quite brutal in parts where the story goes.

Just watched a movie from 2006,about the year 2026, where nobody in the world has had a baby for more than 18 yrs, its a dystopian future ,but one girl is pregnant.

I really enjoyed it,its violent but dont be put off,its in all the usual places to download

On 5/15/2022 at 6:39 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm going to checkout  Goliath again.

I recently completed all 4 seasons of Goliath, watching S1 again as that's all I'd seen previously. Prior to that I'd just re-watched the first season of Fargo, too, having only seen season 1 previously. In both cases the high IMDB scores were gleaned from the first seasons alone.

I really enjoy Billy Bob Thornton ever since I saw him as the mechanic in U-Turn, which is an extremely frustrating movie, but also an immensely enjoyable one.

Regarding Fargo the first season was excellent and well deserving of its high vote status, but subsequent seasons not so. BBT only featured in S1 of Fargo and I'd give that 9/10. S2 7/10, S3, 3/10 S4 gave up after episode one as it was garbage.

In Goliath again the first season was excellent and well worthy of another 9/10. S2 6/10, S3 3/10, S4 2/10. I became so frustrated with the need to be shown inside the character's dreams, hallucinations, minds and thoughts. Stop spelling things out to me like I'm in possession of a juvenile mind!

I've just finished watching the first season of The Responder, with Martin Freeman. Freeman was very good indeed. 8/10 from me.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Three episodes in to Night Sky - Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons, starting to get interesting but slow start.

Gave it away after 2 episodes, just got tedious.

1 hour ago, roger buttmore said:

I recently completed all 4 seasons of Goliath, watching S1 again as that's all I'd seen previously. Prior to that I'd just re-watched the first season of Fargo, too, having only seen season 1 previously. In both cases the high IMDB scores were gleaned from the first seasons alone.

I really enjoy Billy Bob Thornton ever since I saw him as the mechanic in U-Turn, which is an extremely frustrating movie, but also an immensely enjoyable one.

Regarding Fargo the first season was excellent and well deserving of its high vote status, but subsequent seasons not so. BBT only featured in S1 of Fargo and I'd give that 9/10. S2 7/10, S3, 3/10 S4 gave up after episode one as it was garbage.

In Goliath again the first season was excellent and well worthy of another 9/10. S2 6/10, S3 3/10, S4 2/10. I became so frustrated with the need to be shown inside the character's dreams, hallucinations, minds and thoughts. Stop spelling things out to me like I'm in possession of a juvenile mind!

I've just finished watching the first season of The Responder, with Martin Freeman. Freeman was very good indeed. 8/10 from me.

Yes the hallucination  sequences in Goliath were tedious but provided  time to make a cup  of tea