What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Relentless posturing machismo and bragadichio make this series We Own This City compulsive but repulsive  viewing - the BPD were so hated and distrusted by residents that it was not possible  to get 12 jurors  out of a hundred people who hadn't had  a negative  experience  with the police so trial  by jury was impacted. So many police were found guilty  of perjury but allowed to continue  working  non of their subsequent  arrests could be accepted. This whole mire of corruscating corruption was created by the war on drugs. The fact that police 'racism' continues even after the police  force is substantially black is not really explored.

Tokyo Vice is winding up and though  pretty good lack energy and poor plotting at times but great sets and costumes.

61st Street  is in the shadow of WOTC - shame its pretty  good.

Bosch Legacy is possibly  better than the original  very good series.

Lincoln Lawer is good and has its moments but I don't like the casting of the main character Micky Haller whereas Bosch is perfectly cast.

Better Call Saul remains great fun and works independant from Breaking Bad

• Like 2

If you fancy a light hearted comedy harking back to Ealing days, but made in 1994, Love on a branch line, a 4 part mini series, might fit the bill. There are some great characters ,especially Leslie Phillips' Lord Flamborough and David Haig's Lionel Virley,

who are at times hilarious and the naked Amanda Root is an added bonus!

I binge watched the series (available on Youtube) and the 3 hours and a bit went quickly by. Enjoy!

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once ... I gave it 30 minutes, and thought that was generous of me.  IMDB - 8/7 when I downloaded.

Mind boggling.

I had the same experience as you. It reminded me so much of Jackie Chan movies, which are my least favorite genre. Definitely not my kind of movie.

• Like 1

Today (19/5) is the last episode of season 1 of Halo. Sci-Fi TV series based on the famous game.

Quite watchable. IMO, if you're into that genre. The only thing that spoils it for me a bit, is that the humanity in 26th century, while having FTL space ships, still use ICE vehicles running on rubber tires and AK-47 (what a resilient rifle surviving 500 years!), while the aliens have some real kickass gear. Otherwise, I think the story and FX are very good. Have downloaded the game, see how it compares to DOOM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Today (19/5) is the last episode of season 1 of Halo. Sci-Fi TV series based on the famous game.

Quite watchable. IMO, if you're into that genre. The only thing that spoils it for me a bit, is that the humanity in 26th century, while having FTL space ships, still use ICE vehicles running on rubber tires and AK-47 (what a resilient rifle surviving 500 years!), while the aliens have some real kickass gear. Otherwise, I think the story and FX are very good. Have downloaded the game, see how it compares to DOOM.

In one line, someone says "get my car" when he is off on a chase

Just watched "Memory" Liam Neeson new movie, not going to spoil it, but what a massive goof in what is a very good movie, unbelievable really that they let it happen. I will let you spot it

15 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Just watched "Memory" Liam Neeson new movie, not going to spoil it, but what a massive goof in what is a very good movie, unbelievable really that they let it happen. I will let you spot it

Yea, that was a head scratcher.   Don't think anyone will miss that.  Must have been a good bounce ????

• Like 1

I LOVED "Hacks".

No, it's not about computers or the interwebs.

I binged S01, there's a S02. On HBO Go Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ke-bfXSBg

AseanNow Woke Meter: 2 out of 10, so has women protagonists and actors of various genders, ethnicities and sexual orientation. Portrays the modern world. So the AN demographic should take the potential seizure and apoplexy warnings seriously. Check with your children and grandchildren first.

If you liked The Kaminsky Method or The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, you may enjoy this.

• Like 1

The missus and I watched Uncharted last night and quite enjoyed it.

Uncharted.jpg.6026b3834db7b9af85b1fd1fbbd4e15a.jpg

With actors like Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg, and Antonio Banderes starring in it, we were expecting something special... and although it was a fun treasure hunt action movie shot in beautiful locations around the world and had a great soundtrack, it was a little thin in parts.

Quite entertaining though, and I'd definitely watch it again.

It's rated PG-13 so perfect for the whole family to enjoy.

Available at all the usual places in formats up to and including 4K.

Guest truthman
2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently half way through season 1 of Those Who Kill, which is a Danish crime drama set in Copenhagen, about a police unit specializing in catching serial killers. It's very good so far and well worth a look IMHO.

I'm watching it on iPlayer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188931/

How many serial killers can denmark possibly have?

Guest truthman
7 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

The missus and I watched Uncharted last night and quite enjoyed it.

Uncharted.jpg.6026b3834db7b9af85b1fd1fbbd4e15a.jpg

With actors like Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg, and Antonio Banderes starring in it, we were expecting something special... and although it was a fun treasure hunt action movie shot in beautiful locations around the world and had a great soundtrack, it was a little thin in parts.

Quite entertaining though, and I'd definitely watch it again.

It's rated PG-13 so perfect for the whole family to enjoy.

Available at all the usual places in formats up to and including 4K.

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I LOVED "Hacks".

No, it's not about computers or the interwebs.

I binged S01, there's a S02. On HBO Go Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ke-bfXSBg

AseanNow Woke Meter: 2 out of 10, so has women protagonists and actors of various genders, ethnicities and sexual orientation. Portrays the modern world. So the AN demographic should take the potential seizure and apoplexy warnings seriously. Check with your children and grandchildren first.

If you liked The Kaminsky Method or The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, you may enjoy this.

Didn't like hacks at all. I'm always on the lookout for a good show about stand-up comedy but hacks seemed agressively focused on a female audience.

Guest truthman
On 5/18/2022 at 10:04 PM, KhunLA said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once ... I gave it 30 minutes, and thought that was generous of me.  IMDB - 8/7 when I downloaded.

Mind boggling.

I love Michell Yeoh, however. Just went back and rewatched Tomorrow Never Dies. I thought it held up well. Police Story 3, which made her a star in Hong Kong, also has some incredible stunts.

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently half way through season 1 of Those Who Kill, which is a Danish crime drama set in Copenhagen, about a police unit specializing in catching serial killers. It's very good so far and well worth a look IMHO.

I'm watching it on iPlayer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188931/

Correction to link. Above is about as Danish as Poutine.

Darkness: Those Who Kill (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Nothing wrong with my link. I've seen Darkness: Those Who Kill, not to be confused with my post above which is about another different series.

I think you posted the American version of the Danish show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1565810/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_2

But, yes, its not the same as the most excellent - Darkness - Those Who Kill.

• Thanks 1

Just now, recom273 said:

I think you posted the American version of the Danish show.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1565810/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_i_2

But, yes, its not the same as the most excellent - Darkness - Those Who Kill.

OK My bad. Thanks for the correction and explanation. It wasn't the american version that I watched.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

11 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:
13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Correction to link. Above is about as Danish as Poutine.

Darkness: Those Who Kill (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

Nothing wrong with my link. I've seen Darkness: Those Who Kill, not to be confused with my post above which is about another different series.

Those Who Kill revisited.

The iPlayer screenshot (Continue Watching) shows 3 different series with "Those Who Kill" in the title. My previous post was about the one simply titled "Those Who Kill". Shown 3rd in Continue Watching row.

Screenshot_20220521-160500.png

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1