What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

"Barry"   ... has come to life at last--Episode 6 ... But there is only 8 episodes in the whole series Took them 3 years to put another series together, &  Its been quite boring up til then , suppose to be a hit man---been waiting long enough for him to start to killing people. They should steal the guy who writes the Oz one Mr Inbetween .

I dont understand why their giving the series a 8.3  and episode six a 9.6 rating,  but then I dont understand most of IMDB ratings.

19 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

"Barry"   ... has come to life at last--Episode 6 ... But there is only 8 episodes in the whole series Took them 3 years to put another series together, &  Its been quite boring up til then , suppose to be a hit man---been waiting long enough for him to start to killing people. They should steal the guy who writes the Oz one Mr Inbetween .

I dont understand why their giving the series a 8.3  and episode six a 9.6 rating,  but then I dont understand most of IMDB ratings.

IMBD is OK for quick  glance ratings but for real comprehensive ratings and an in depth overview of films and TV series  wiki is a hundred times better. Yes it uses words  in sentences  and paragraphs which some American  teenagers might find challenging but its worth  the effort for the massive  amount of information  provided. IMBD is a bit childish, yes easy to use but concomitantly shallow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a children's programme actually which is one reason why the casting of gay and transexual adults featured  in newspapers in scanty sexualised costumes is morally dubious. The diversity  agenda is a political  agenda and the  sexual diversity  agenda is a very controversial political  agenda regarding the promotion  of trans ideology,  the cotton  barrier and the othering of feminists  and biological girls by men.
As gender issue cases are currently being tried in the high courts I think casting of men with gender dysphoria in a children's programme  is highly inappropriate especially  as it funded by tax payers who have no choice about funding the ultrawoke agenda.

Dr Who is a sci fi adventure series aimed at impressionable children and should not be used a a vehicle for ideological ends of any type  least of all the dubious  trans ideology.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Stranger Things Season 4 has a 15 rating in the UK and Dr Who mostly a Parental Guidance rating.

If they were children's programmes wouldn't their ratings be General?

Edited by LosLobo

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I started watching Barry last week and gave up after 6 episodes of season 1. Just didn't click for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Stranger Things Season 4 has a 15 rating in the UK and Dr Who mostly a Parental Guidance rating.

If they were children's programmes wouldn't their ratings be General?

A rant is a verbal outburst  not written  text. Its often used as an attempted insult by the linguistically challenged who fear  others people's vocabulary as well  their superior knowledge. I'm not however, an expert  BBC classification  systems regarding suitability for viewers. 'General' which I thought  was  an old  BBFC classifcation is irrelevant. Dr Who is  a popular   programme viewed by kids well before the 'watershed' threshold and even if it were not and was LOL 'General' classification the issues  regarding the BBC'S ideological narrative  remains the same. As for the request  for naked females - it's silly and inappropriate. BTW for your  information  I have not swallowed  a dictionary. 

Half way through the year, and I have to vote Better Call Saul as the best TV series so far. Great acting, really good story line-and I wonder who thinks up the Plots the get into. But what a slow burner it was to start with.

But what ever will happen to Kim Wexler (his wife) As he gets closer to the "Braking Bad" timeline--she has got to be written out of the series soon.

Now  10/10 on rotten tomatoes --last episode 9.9 on IMDB

Giddyup--did you relent and go back and look at it--...:omfg:

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Half way through the year, and I have to vote Better Call Saul as the best TV series so far. Great acting, really good story line-and I wonder who thinks up the Plots the get into. But what a slow burner it was to start with.

But what ever will happen to Kim Wexler (his wife) As he gets closer to the "Braking Bad" timeline--she has got to be written out of the series soon.

Yep BCS is top but for  best new show I think We Own This City is better in a way

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:
1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Blacklist Season 9 (Netflix), have watched the 1st episode & on the fence a little but will give it a couple more. 

Definitely finish out the season.  Lots of twists & turns in later half of the season, as first half had a few flow episodes.  Watched the last 4 episodes last night, and very nice finish up.   Quite enjoy that series.

I just downloaded Blacklist 9 this morning and will watch it as soon as I have finished watching El Marginal seasons (1-5).

• Like 2

Flight MH370: Murder at 30,000 Feet---Doco   Ch 5  1/6....3 episodes all out  Rar

There is so many of these Doco's out over the past few years---so,  if any interest-- here is the latest one

When the Government-led search for MH370 finishes, a private company with cutting-edge technology steps in to try to finally find the missing plane and provide answers for the relatives of those on board. As more is understood about the plane's debris and the official safety investigation comes to an end its conclusions raise questions among some aviation and industry experts who believe they know what happened to MH370

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Is anyone here on Megaupload  Mega.NZ   ??  or been with them

Yes, I use it occasionally. 

It's a secure file sharing method, the files are encrypted.

I don't think its searchable, but its a fast and efficient way to share large files.

The owner used to have another site, he had some legal issues and developed mega, there is also some reason its hosted on NZ servers too.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The owner used to have another site, he had some legal issues and developed mega, there is also some reason its hosted on NZ servers too

Yes I used to use his site about 14 years ago---I know his story, in fact its a fascinating watch, from his time in a German prison to the FBI flying into NZ & linking up with the  Kiwi Gov to try to arrest him.. 

And he beat them all--amazing. -

Really recom273 I am a Boxing nut-- use to mod some of the site, but most have closed, its so difficult to download boxing -- unless its headline news fight like Tyson Fury.  If i was an UFC fan could pick the fights anywhere, but boxing is a desert.

I was getting fights from a Russian site--- (& cleaning off the viruses every month) but since they decided to conquer the world a lot of their stuff has been hit. I was told you could still get from Mega.... I just rejoined (on the free part) and will work through it.

Anyone who doesn't know the Mega story---really fascinating watch....you can watch it all on YouTube  Kim DotCom: caught in the web

17 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes I used to use his site about 14 years ago---I know his story, in fact its a fascinating watch, from his time in a German prison to the FBI flying into NZ & linking up with the  Kiwi Gov to try to arrest him.. 

And he beat them all--amazing. -

Really recom273 I am a Boxing nut-- use to mod some of the site, but most have closed, its so difficult to download boxing -- unless its headline news fight like Tyson Fury.  If i was an UFC fan could pick the fights anywhere, but boxing is a desert.

I was getting fights from a Russian site--- (& cleaning off the viruses every month) but since they decided to conquer the world a lot of their stuff has been hit. I was told you could still get from Mega.... I just rejoined (on the free part) and will work through it.

Anyone who doesn't know the Mega story---really fascinating watch....you can watch it all on YouTube  Kim DotCom: caught in the web

If i recall from my ventures to NZ and my kiwi friends Kim Dotcom had a direct internet link to his office/apartment up in the Sky Tower that was some of the fastest speeds in the country. He used it solely for his gaming pleasures as he wanted to hold the world's top rank on some of the internet games he played.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, sanuk711 said:

BCS in many ways just gets better and some shocks too!