What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, seedy said:

BBC Our World - Three Million Refugees and Counting (2022)

As the world stands by and does nothing - Shame

Haven't neighbouring countries accepted them?

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Haven't neighbouring countries accepted them?

Listening to the news reports-- about a million of those must have wandered across the USA border by now.........:omfg:

• Haha 2

The Boys---season 3 showing now  8 episodes.  RAR & others

Season 1 & 2 weren't supper great IMO...but it was an OK watch--some black humour --about bunch of guys (and a few girls) who have all different supper powers... Invisible/can fly -read minds etc, and they are all trying to become TV stars--get the big money etc.  Kill each other if it helps them.      Amazed to see that    IMDB gives it 8.7  

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The Boys---season 3 showing now  8 episodes.  RAR & others

Season 1 & 2 weren't supper great IMO...but it was an OK watch--some black humour --about bunch of guys (and a few girls) who have all different supper powers... Invisible/can fly -read minds etc, and they are all trying to become TV stars--get the big money etc.  Kill each other if it helps them.      Amazed to see that    IMDB gives it 8.7  

It's great!

• Haha 1

Just now, giddyup said:

It's great!

I thought so too! 

A different kind of narrative from the usual superhero, apart from the story, there were some nice touches, may have been the soundtrack. I’m looking forward to bingeing on the first three after my dinner tonight. 

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

No neither do the prog makers trying to convince us that its really like this ,why?

I personally only knew 1 gay relationship, best friends, and strangely, before moving to Thailand, didn't know of any interracial relationships.  Very strange considering the demographics of where I lived and worked.

But they must be out there, as TV represents our society ... ????  I just haven't seen them.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I swung over to the UK TV -to see if there was anything worth looking at--- but there are 3 days of a load of silly POMS doffing their hats, tugging their forelocks and going down on one knee....... Yes I had forgotten about the Queens jubilee.

If you want to watch the great unwashed celebrating it all---its on most every channel. .............for days....

----------------------------------

Meanwhile in Oz on Sunday-- a guy called George Kambosos Jr will be trying to make History by taking the 4th belt and being the only person to unify the lightweight Div

The fight card starts at 10 AM --AET... (yer its for a world Audience) --with this main fight at 2PM AET  -----5pm Thailand. I going to post a streaming sight ,that will take you straight to it.  As it possibly will be taken down I will just put it in the next post.

George Kambosos Jr hailed the 'Michael Jordan' of Australian boxing.

An Australian male boxer holds up the world title belts he won in New York.

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just downloaded the new series of the old movie The Midwich Cukcose, its a typical English village so far 3 white men have black wives ,the girl at the stables is black and ,well i wont go on ,i just cannot understand why they keep doing this , 

As for the story ,so far its pretty boreing, .

Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate the woke alert.   

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Anyway back to the new series the midwich cuckoos, finished the first episode and tried to get through the second ,sorry but its not much good,so gave up ,shame as i was looking foreward to it.

Just watched the first two episodes.

Quality series, good acting, classic SF story, no apparent wokeness.

• Haha 1

C'est comme ça que je t'aime AKA Happily Married

TPB

Summary: In a quiet suburb of Quebec City in 1974, two couples in crisis realize that their relationships are falling apart. Infidelity and betrayal are exposed and a sequence of unexpected events will transform both couples into murderers.

18 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

with this main fight at 2PM AET  -----5pm Thailand

George Kambosos Fight 

I have done this so often--- made the mistake and phoned people in Oz late---- 3 hours ahead means if its 2PM -AET ..then the main fight is at 11 am Thailand ;

Done it again..............:wub:

Edited by sanuk711

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just watched the first two episodes.

Quality series, good acting, classic SF story, no apparent wokeness.

I just looked at it on IMDB   so its an updated "Village of the Damned".... That gave my sister nightmares in the 50s.  --how funny is that,  because the original , every child was Blond Hair Blue eyes (that lit up) ..yer and just 10 years after the war. 

Then they remade again in 1995---same theme  Blond / Blue eyes -you should go look at those 2 Bert.... ????

1950s Black/white movie

image.png.a3b7b40916681d5ef3c359cabe8a013d.png

1995 remake ......

image.png.ddd4b903ec22e2f2f56a83c38747c798.png

Something a bit different:-

UK Tv  series 1  "Worlds Most Amazing Tractors" 

Getting to grips with the biggest, fastest and most powerful tractors on the planet, including those in Alaska, Florida and the UK. There's a look in Montana at the biggest tractor ever built, a self-driving tractor with pinpoint precision in Cambridgeshire and a report on the sport of tractor pulling from Florida

Series 1 episodes 1-3 available form RARBG and EZTV.

-01.jpg.8ec78738df85102e61ee25383a722f8a.jpgTUFZMTM4NjM2NDMz.jpg.c06350d0c8e4c5a3e87597780df40fc7.jpgTUFZMTM4NjM2NjUy.jpg.9009469b882c989bc7582335791b9512.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

We should be intolerant of the media rewriting our history, and be prejudiced against watching these lies. Black Anne Boleyn, Black Queen Charlotte, Regency England with middle class blacks all over the place, rural villages in the 50's with mixed marriages to match modern day  ads, all lies. 

Unless a documentary, which I never watch, as always bias anyway, just assume everything and anything you view as 'fiction' and having nothing to do with any version of past, present or future.

Whether based on or inspired by true events.  Wokeness, simply accept it's here now, and never going to change, and can be annoying at times, especially 'time' pieces, so I'll either tolerate it, or 'change the channel' / delete if it gets too annoying.   And have done plenty of that.

Watch the trailer, download or not, as always .... UP2U...Unless of course .... 

image.png.9212cb42b1cc9a93010194772f4ae3ea.png

Edited by KhunLA

Anyway , back to the topic ??

Did anyone watch Outer Range ??

I did and i thought it was okay , the season ended with more questions than answers and a lot of time spent on irrelevant side stories.

But Josh Brolin played his part well, imo, and the story is now left with, hopefully, lots more to come.

Think “ Yellowstone “ with a sci fi twist .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11685912/

• Like 1

Just watched Trigger point - Series 1, 6 episodes. I guessed the outcome very early on, but Ok if you want to veg on the couch with the missus for a few hours 

Cast is usual suspects and a few from the past.

Edited by Pmbkk

New series of The Orville has just dropped ,i enjoyed the first two series ,mind you i never posted that on the crew there were two guys married with a son ,a black female doctor ,i should have done as i am so racist and homophobic ,but then it was on a spaceship in the future and not in some village in the 1950s .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1