What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Advantage to torrents

DS2 not pirated yet.

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And best ... no annoying distraction from others while watching, along with snacking on whatever we choose. 

Large screen theatres aren't for everyone, especially you, so we agree on something.

Well that and the ability to rationalize anything.

First it was the viewing ratio. Then it was the snacks. You do know that snacks are portable, right?

facepalm.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Of-note, during the pre-movie ritual only three (3) people stood up, while 50 plus remained seated. Awkward. 

The National Anthem is played?

Edited by JimmyJ

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

DS2 not pirated yet.

Large screen theatres aren't for everyone, especially you, so we agree on something.

Well that and the ability to rationalize anything.

First it was the viewing ratio. Then it was the snacks. You do know that snacks are portable, right?

facepalm.

67 ... prostate ... pause ... restart ... exaggeration, I can go 3 hr without.

Sadly, nothing can motivate me to ... go to, wait for, pay for, wait for, and then have buyer regret.   Which is pretty sad, as last one viewed at theater,  I think it was only ฿100 for admission, maybe even ฿80 for midday matinee.

I can't think of one movie, I've rewatched, in the last 10ish yrs, that was released in those 10 yr.  That's sad.  OK, definitely rewatched the Matrix Trilogy, and Star Trek 1 & 2 w/Chris Pine(2013).  Avatar & ST's, I think I did see in theater, as not having present TV.

1 minute ago, JimmyJ said:

No, the King's song.   I'm actually glad people are waking up to that silliness.   Though worthy of it's own thread for thoughts on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'The Making of the Battle of Britain'.  It's available on TVCUK.

It's actually 2 documentaries. 1 made in 1968 and the other in 2004. Interesting stuff.

Tally Ho!!!

Edited by jaiyenyen

Just found some extra stuff for Better Call Saul fans. The first one comes from AMC channel.

There's some cartoons about Los Pollos Hermanos restaurant. Here's one but there are about six or more. A couple are of Kim talking about ethics and other stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Today I watched Grace season 1. It's a British crime drama set in Brighton. Pretty good IMHO.

Yer Good acting Mutt---I watched D.I Ray tonight (trying to catch up)   I had put it off because I thought another Wokey type program--but it was done quite well and wasn't a bad Crime/Thriller....4 episodes, worth a look. The main actor--The Indian Lady has been around a while--- remember her way back in Bend It Like Beckham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer Good acting Mutt---I watched D.I Ray tonight (trying to catch up)   I had put it off because I thought another Wokey type program--but it was done quite well and wasn't a bad Crime/Thriller....4 episodes, worth a look. The main actor--The Indian Lady has been around a while--- remember her way back in Bend It Like Beckham.

Thanks @sanuk711. Downloading DI Ray now from TGx, even though normally I wouldn't download anything with an IMDB rating of less than 7.0.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL4iCAB6MFo&t=57s

Two eps, from the Paramount + show.

Enjoyed the first ep. 

The crew/cast were introduced on Star Trek: Discovery, Pike, Spock and Number One, and are eminently likeable.

The plots may be too wokey for some here, not unlike they were with TOS in 1966. 

+1 on Grace and DI Ray.

21 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Uhm, no, it's not the National Anthem (Peng Chat).

• Like 2

Just on episode 2 of a new series Whitstable pearl ,well its ok but my god do they have to tick so many boxes ,the main charector runs a bar and is a private eye on the side ,she has a half cast son ,onther mixed race couple are a white man with a black wife ,the lead detective is black and now in ep 2 there are a black and white gay couple,cant wait for the non binery them in a wheelchair???? i have been to Whitstable many times  never realized it was so diverse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just on episode 2 of a new series Whitstable pearl ,well its ok but my god do they have to tick so many boxes

In McDonald & Dodds, the chief inspector (boss) says to one detective while recruiting her for their diversity brochure, "You tick boxes we haven't thought of yet."

I'm thinking a fair number here would have been whinging ~ 1680 England about replacing male actors with female actors for female roles. "What's the world coming to?"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Enjoyed the first ep. 

The crew/cast were introduced on Star Trek: Discovery, Pike, Spock and Number One, and are eminently likeable.

The plots may be too wokey for some here, not unlike they were with TOS in 1966. 

Pre Kirk from what I gathered? Didn't see the whole episode and not paying much attention.

Yes Grace is good only two episodes so far but more to come I believe

Edited by Thailand

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Pre Kirk from what I gathered?

Yes, maybe 7 - 10 "years" I gathered. This Enterprise crew was in Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery.

Yes Grace is good only two episodes so far but more to come I believe

I watched five episodes. Maybe two from a "Season 1" and three from a "Season 2".

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Enjoyed the first ep. 

Also available at RARBG  in all formats up including 4K.

Pre Kirk from what I gathered? Didn't see the whole episode and not paying much attention.

Even showed up in the original series, with Shatner & Nimoy.  Was watching 'Discovery' till this latest season started and lost interest.  Did catch the episodes of recent Pike in Discovery and downloaded the new version, but didn't get around to watching yet.  

Guess if it's a 5 yr run, we know how that character will end, as was shown in Discovery, unless they mystically change the timeline ... yet again ????

image.png.889ff155ae1bde15fd29a119ab45ba9e.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

The Northman (2022) - IMDb

Started watching the Northman last night but I couldn't get into it.

It seemed very dark and not enjoyable. 

For anyone who has watched it, is it worth pursuing or is the 2 hours and 17 minutes a bad investment?

What a load of <deleted> ! Worse movie sinds that Greek drama about Spartans. Do they really believe in Hollywood that the old guys speak with reverb????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

In McDonald & Dodds, the chief inspector (boss) says to one detective while recruiting her for their diversity brochure, "You tick boxes we haven't thought of yet."

I'm thinking a fair number here would have been whinging ~ 1680 England about replacing male actors with female actors for female roles. "What's the world coming to?"

They were not pursuing and ideological goal or trying to change the past to create an aspirational  future. Big difference.

40 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Well here's my review, and in my opinion, it just goes to show that you can't always go by how IMDb rates a movie!

I found it to be a load of old nonsense, hard to decipher in the early part of the movie (or subsequent parts come to that), and with quite a bit of whispering and soft-spoken interchanges going on, I couldn't always follow what was being said.

Not surprising as in the movie itself there were different accents, a Scots accent or three and perhaps a Welsh one somewhere in amongst it, and I'm sure I heard a British accent!

And the lady riding a white horse in a couple of shots, had a great set of modern dental braces on her top set of teeth – – who'd have thought that the Vikings has such good dentists!

Then there were elements in the film which invoked memories of North American Indian tribal dances, as well as some wailing and there was a Jew's harp providing some background noise.

I long for the days of a good movie, but it seems they are few and far between now and the likelihood of seeing another "Bridge of Spies", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Castaway", "Tombstone", "The 12 Monkeys" and so on are long gone.

PS. Replace "British accent" with English accent!!!!!

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The first episode looked good. The best thing about this new Star Trek series is that the episodes, like TOS, appear to be stand alone, unlike Discovery and Picard where the story arc lasts at least a season. This should help those who have burnt out their memory by not using it due to binge watching.

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm looking forward  to the new Michael  Connelly  TV series  featuring The Lincoln  Lawer

Season 1 is available.

I was going to DL it, but here's the most popular review on imdb:

Why Ruin a good character!
I sat though the first 3 episodes and I couldn't I mean really couldn't watch anymore. From the very first few minutes into episode 1 and I new right away that it was going to be a flop and a big flop it was. And who is the lead Manuel Garcia-Rulfo! Really reading all of Mickey The Lincoln lawyer books gives me a picture of mickey and it's certainly not a Mexican! Matthew McConaughey too bad they couldn't get him he was pretty good in one off the movies they made of the Lincoln lawyer. I definitely don't see a season two!.

Tschugger

This one looks interesting.

TPB

Tschugger, a dialect word for "policeman" in the Swiss canton of Wallis, tells the story of a local police precinct in the canton of Wallis. But instead of investigating missing sheep, an attempted murder keeps them on their toes.

• Thanks 2

Tschugger, a dialect word for "policeman" in the Swiss canton of Wallis, tells the story of a local police precinct in the canton of Wallis. But instead of investigating missing sheep, an attempted murder keeps them on their toes.

Thanks for that Will27--- the whole trailer is in English, left me a little confused as the write up said Swiss/German  & there is reference to Thailand in Trailer.   ....And it got 8.5 IMDB ...........got to give it a go.............:w00t:

Thanks again

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 1