What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

The comedy The Outlaws Series 2 is coming soon. Written, produced by, and including Stephen Merchant, it's a great comedy show, set in Bristol with Christopher Walken and others.
Recently Merchant  was asked about criticism of one time creative partner Ricky Gervais for being  anti woke.
His response:
"This obsession with trying to police what people say, you know? It’s funny [because] when I was growing up, Mary Whitehouse was the version of that. The uber-religious [person] trying to get TV shows banned and newspaper articles retracted, and she was very much seen as a right-wing figure. Now it feels like it’s a lot more coming from the Left, and that suddenly the champions of free speech are Right-wing ..."
Stephen  Merchant. The Independent  4th June 2022.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Something a bit different:-

UK Tv  series 1  "Worlds Most Amazing Tractors" 

Getting to grips with the biggest, fastest and most powerful tractors on the planet, including those in Alaska, Florida and the UK. There's a look in Montana at the biggest tractor ever built, a self-driving tractor with pinpoint precision in Cambridgeshire and a report on the sport of tractor pulling from Florida

Series 1 episodes 1-3 available form RARBG and EZTV.

-01.jpg.8ec78738df85102e61ee25383a722f8a.jpgTUFZMTM4NjM2NDMz.jpg.c06350d0c8e4c5a3e87597780df40fc7.jpgTUFZMTM4NjM2NjUy.jpg.9009469b882c989bc7582335791b9512.jpg

:thumbsup:

The Dominator tractor has been in the news recently  in the UK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I just looked at it on IMDB   so its an updated "Village of the Damned".... That gave my sister nightmares in the 50s.  --how funny is that,  because the original , every child was Blond Hair Blue eyes (that lit up) ..yer and just 10 years after the war. 

Then they remade again in 1995---same theme  Blond / Blue eyes -you should go look at those 2 Bert.... ????

1950s Black/white movie

image.png.a3b7b40916681d5ef3c359cabe8a013d.png

1995 remake ......

image.png.ddd4b903ec22e2f2f56a83c38747c798.png

Ive actually seen both of them ,they were good and jeepers the kids were creepy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Anyway , back to the topic ??

Did anyone watch Outer Range ??

I did and i thought it was okay , the season ended with more questions than answers and a lot of time spent on irrelevant side stories.

But Josh Brolin played his part well, imo, and the story is now left with, hopefully, lots more to come.

Think “ Yellowstone “ with a sci fi twist .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11685912/

Watched it all the way through from beginning to end, Started good then went on a downward slope until it reached bottom on the last episode. Shan't be watching season two.

No comparison to Yellowstone which can spoil you for watching anything else

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Watched it all the way through from beginning to end, Started good then went on a downward slope until it reached bottom on the last episode. Shan't be watching season two.

I only made thru 4 ish eps.  Lost interest fast.

57 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

If you like westerns then then  check out Lonsome Dove based on the book of the same name.

• Like 2

'Big Boys' a British  coming of age comedy about two young men meeting at University - one is a shy but wry gay lad the other is a more  worldly wise, rougher working  class lad. Despite  their differences they forge a friendship.

Notwithstanding the  woke story  line this is not a patronising, preachy ideological production but has a lot of  good laughs and is good entertainment.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'Big Boys' a British  coming of age comedy about two young men meeting at University - one is a shy but wry gay lad the other is a more  worldly wise, rougher working  class lad. Despite  their differences they forge a friendship.

Notwithstanding the  woke story  line this is not a patronising, preachy ideological production but has a lot of  good laughs and is good entertainment.

What is "woke" about the story line exactly?

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

It does seem like anything Taylor Sheridan has a hand in the past few years, is of a completely different nature, and quality, than just about anything else out there. Yellowstone, 1883, and Mayor of Kingstown were astonishing shows. Wind River was a masterpiece of film making. Hell or High Water, and Sicario were also outstanding. Looking forward too more of his work. 

• Like 2

Gaslit is very good. About the bumbling fools involved in Watergate. Sean Penn and Julia Roberts, playing John and Martha Mitchell are alot of fun to watch. Not only the great chemistry between them, but the outstanding performances and production. The prosthetics they used on Penn makes the show worth viewing, by itself. Guilty fun. 

gaslit-index-1650572242.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Gaslit is very good. About the bumbling fools involved in Watergate. Sean Penn and Julia Roberts, playing John and Martha Mitchell are alot of fun to watch. Not only the great chemistry between them, but the outstanding performances and production. The prosthetics they used on Penn makes the show worth viewing, by itself. Guilty fun. 

gaslit-index-1650572242.jpg

Yep a good show and an astonishing insight into real right wing extremists at the heart  of government.  I thought the show deserved  better reviews.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, Speedo1968 said:

OP - Many thanks but I dont know how to use torrents

Easy to learn. And well worth it. Many tutorials on youtube. With the super fast download speeds here, and the lack of governmental interference, it is a perfect spot for downloading. I download thousands of movies, TV shows, hundreds of books, music, and even some apps, etc, as I am sure most of this forum do. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:52 PM, Pmbkk said:

Just watched Trigger point - Series 1, 6 episodes. I guessed the outcome very early on, but Ok if you want to veg on the couch with the missus for a few hours 

Cast is usual suspects and a few from the past.

Now that Mercurio is farming out productions and mentoring youngsters we are  getting much worse quality productions spoilt by non credible casting and plots that seek to conform to a political agenda. 'It's getting more and more absurd'

Slightly off topic, but related to downloads. Does anyone have any book authors they would recommend, who write as well as Barry Eisler, Tom Clancy, or Vince Flynn. Even Tom Wood is good enough, with his Victor series. Espionage, assassins, spy stuff, etc? Prefer contemporary, as opposed to historic, like Silva, Ludlum, Forsyth, le Carre, etc. Granted those are great writers, but more historic. 

Have tried so many, and most are real hacks. Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Scot Harvath, Brad Taylor, Ben Does, Brad Thor, Mark Greaney, L.T. Ryan, and others.  

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Slightly off topic, but related to downloads. Does anyone have any book authors they would recommend, who write as well as Barry Eisler, Tom Clancy, or Vince Flynn. Even Tom Wood is good enough, with his Victor series. Espionage, assassins, spy stuff, etc? Prefer contemporary, as opposed to historic, like Silva, Ludlum, Forsyth, le Carre, etc. Granted those are great writers, but more historic. 

Have tried so many, and most are real hacks. Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Scot Harvath, Brad Taylor, Ben Does, Brad Thor, Mark Greaney, L.T. Ryan, and others.  

Micheal Connelly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

. Espionage, assassins, spy stuff, etc?

Did you watch the series .. TV show--"Slow Horses" ? he -Mick Herron has wrote quite a few -- that spy series is called the Jackson Lamb series -6 books

but he has done many others.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=mick+herron+books

John le Carré did do some latter novels--, Silverview was just published, just last year after his death, last part finished by his son.

But also -:

Agent running in the field

A legacy of spies

A private spy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Link

And yes, it is off-topic... perhaps start a new thread on the subject?

I think it's been recommended on here before but just wanted to say that I'm 1/2 way through "The Man Who Fell to Earth" & it's excellent... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10758074/

Also thanks to the guys who recommended I stick with Blacklist Season 9 - Another excellent series which I ended up binge watching over a couple of days, much better than Season 8 & seems to be teeing up for a Season 10.

• Like 2